[Canada] Rogers 2 For 40 Back? YMMV??

Azumangaman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (99%)
Hot diggity! One of the best deals there is is back at Rogers Video!

2 FOR 40 on all previously used games!
This may be YMMV, but I'm going to assume its nation wide.

My store had crap for the 360, but it DID have SmackDown Vs. Raw 2007. Didn't see if it had FFXII though. Thinking of buying the 2 and selling FFXII to EB Games and keeping SD VS. R2007, So I can get Diamond and Pearl AND Smackdown vs. Raw for 50 bucks.

[quote name='maigoyume']bah, thats the closest one to me too[/quote]

Well, if it's new games don't bother because they don't carry any anyway =/ But for used they have two copies of Gears of War and one copy of Call of Duty 3.

ahh so its not 2 for 40 new? Used I guess...is there anything I can buy for 20 bucks, getting the other one for 20 as well, then selling one to Eb and getting most of my money back?

I checked the Rogers Video in Abbotsford (the one across from the Auto Mall) yesterday after work. No "two for $40" deal going on. THe staff there didn't know anything about it.

I'm going to try and swing by the Willowbrook location in Langley on my way home today.

I just got back from my Cloverdale BC Rogers Video with:

Lost Planet(x2)
F.E.A.R.(x2)
Import Tuner Challenge
Tony Hawk Project 8
Star Trek Legacy
Superman Returns
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007
Dead Rising

All PP 2/$40.00
Sign was still up in the section, but the promo code didnt work.

I pretty much cleared them out, all that was left was NBA 07, SC:DA, TD:U, Lego Star Wars 2. and a few other 19.99 odds and ends.

dang nice...that's a lot of cash to throw down on vid games in a day lol.

I'm assuming those are used though...still sweet...I'd get LP and LSW2 for 40 bucks used for sure :D I'll go check mine sometime this week probably. Is this happening across Canada again?

[quote name='AgtGibb']I just got back from my Cloverdale BC Rogers Video with:

Lost Planet(x2)
F.E.A.R.(x2)
Import Tuner Challenge
Tony Hawk Project 8
Star Trek Legacy
Superman Returns
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007
Dead Rising

All PP 2/$40.00
Sign was still up in the section, but the promo code didnt work.

I pretty much cleared them out, all that was left was NBA 07, SC:DA, TD:U, Lego Star Wars 2. and a few other 19.99 odds and ends.[/quote]

are you going to sell these games for triple the price at your store?

Checked mine today, no sale anywhere to be seen. Too bad cause there was a lot I would have bought. (they had about 6 Crackdown, Gears, NFS Carbon and others, and 2 Zeldas for Wii.)

[quote name='jonkaho']are you going to sell these games for triple the price at your store?[/quote]

20*3 = $60.00?

Thats alot.

We sell are $69.99 NEW games for $49.97

I'm hanging onto the games for my personal collection.

I have yet to see this deal pop up this time at my Rogers in Fredericton, NB. I have been checking about every other day or so, too--- dang

This is totally bullshit how some Rogers do this and some don't seemingly at whim. Mine has so many good games right now but they arent doing the sale.

[quote name='magiic']This is totally bullshit how some Rogers do this and some don't seemingly at whim. Mine has so many good games right now but they arent doing the sale.[/quote]

Maybe the stores decide to do it or not based on the amount of "good" games they have, then :p

Well the first time they did it was Nation Wide, then they seemed to do it nationwide for Easter Weekend. Now they just do it when they please I guess. Mine has FFXII, NBA Street Hoops, Rainbow Six Vegas, THP8, DOAX2 and some others, I want to get me some 360 games and ps2 stuff.

I asked the Rogers at Rockwood Mall if they were doing this deal last thursday, they said no and they didn't know when it would be coming up again. Their selection is poor though, no ps3 or wii games, and only 1-2 360 games.

I phoned one store in HFX, and they weren't doing it... If it is arbitrary, maybe I will phone the other four locations, and see how I make out.
~S

bread's done
Back