Assassin's Creed 2
Bioshock 2
Dante's Inferno
Fable 2 (lol)
Mass Effect 2
Lost Planet 2

3 for $25 all used games under $19.99 - already on
50% off new and used PS2 and PSP games and hardware

Trade 2 for Starcraft 2 (available July 27)

See the eligible title list: http://rogersplus.ca/games/gamestradein_eligible_titles.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of dumb Rogers employees, I went a few weeks ago to do a Trade 2 for Transformers. The CSR knew nothing about the promotion, and said I should go to EB to trade games. I had to grab a flyer and show him the page! Turns out they didn't have Transformers (my fault for not calling earlier), and when I asked him if he had any of the other games in stock, he said "I'm not sure, I've never seen any of these games before".

Completely clueless.

[quote name='Heartless18']Speaking of dumb Rogers employees, I went a few weeks ago to do a Trade 2 for Transformers. The CSR knew nothing about the promotion, and said I should go to EB to trade games. I had to grab a flyer and show him the page! Turns out they didn't have Transformers (my fault for not calling earlier), and when I asked him if he had any of the other games in stock, he said "I'm not sure, I've never seen any of these games before".

Completely clueless.[/QUOTE]
I was shaking my head in real life reading that. Pathetic. :lol:

Something I found disappointing at Rogers was I had planned to trade in my 20 reward points (= $10 off a purchase) toward a $20 PSN card, but they don't let you do it. You can use the $10 off on movies, games, accessories, but not point cards. I don't know of anything else I want to purchase there, they're all out of anything I'd be interested in.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']FYI for some reason the 50% off PSP games doesn't apply to PSN download vouchers of PSP games.[/QUOTE]

It's because they are considered pre-paid cards. They have no value until activated at the register. They're a third party product that don't have any value to the store. It's just like a pay as you go phone voucher or a long distance calling card you can buy at RP

people at my rogers are very up to date ( with the dumb guy oce in a while) and even if they forget there are advertizments with the promotion all over the store

I went to a new Rogers today and they actually had 50% off stickers on all their PSP games! Picked up Daxter for free with the 50% and my 20 reward points, I expected to pay tax but she just handed me the game and receipt, nice.

Good luck. You could also try for the T3F1 promo at EB games which might be a bit easier. Make sure to post back and let us know now it goes. :)

Gotta love the incompetence. When I went in, I just made them scan the games in and the system automatically reduced the price to 3 for $25. The computer is smarter than some of the CSR's. The only exception was PSP games since they are on a 50% off promo as well it can confuse the system.

[quote name='Placebo']Just get them to scan the games in, the system will automatically drop them. RP employees are retards.[/QUOTE]
Hey now, I'm sure a few CaG's may know some mentally challenged individuals. Don't insult them by comparing them to RP employee's.

True enough. That's a fair statement. I went into RP today, and grabbed Section 8 (360) $19.99 - 50%. They had it stickered wrong, and it came up as $19.99 still. They overrided it and gave me the discount, but I couldn't help but laugh, as they were all discussing one of the employees relationship plights as I walked in. If they spent less time shooting the shit, and more time working, I wouldn't have gotten the late discount. Ah well, score one for me, 0 for RP.

Keep in mind I missed the EBG/GS deal the other day for S8 at $9.89.

Rogers is a joke.

I went in on Saturday and bought Assassin's Creed 2 and Bioshock 2 for $40 to be used for their StarCraft 2 promo. I told the girl at the cash this point blank and asked if I could trade them in right there in order to guarantee my copy. She sold me a rewards card because apparently, you cannot trade in games without one. Then she tells me I need to wait until release to do the trade in but that she would put a hold on one of the five copies the store got in. Fine, whatever.

So I go to the store first thing this morning. Game is not on hold for me. Luckily I did get there early enough that they still had a copy. I handed her the games for the trade in, which I didn't even open simply because I already own them and these were bought for this. She opens them up. Bioshock 2 is pristine, no probs. She opens up AC2 and tells me there are too many scratches and that I will be charged an extra fee. Excuse me? Now, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, and this is not the first thing I wanted to hear. So I told her there was no way they would get a cent out of me since they were fine selling the game to me in the condition it was in. She says she can't, so I ask her for another copy of AC2. They don't have one. So then I pulled out the receipt that I originally bought the games with and asked for a refund since I hadn't opened them and she had. Needless to say, she changed her tune pretty quickly at that point and got SC2, even though she's 'not supposed to do this.'

Now, I hate to be a prick to anyone. But this is the first time I've ever had this kind of trouble. I'll be very hesitant on going to Rogers in the future.

Rogers is by far the pickiest when it comes to game conditions. My solutions: 1) try to trade in PS3 games, they are very difficult to scratch. 2) Put up with it because the trade in deals are too awesome.

I have a story that tops my previous Rogers experience...

Went to a different Rogers Plus today for Starcraft 2. I told the clerk that I'd be trading in my two games for a copy and asked if they had any in stock. His direct answer was "I've never heard of that game before". I found it hard to believe he missed the giant poster in the window that's advertising Starcraft 2, but I showed him the flyer anyway. After analyzing it for a couple minutes he says "No, this is a mistake, we don't sell computer games here". At this point I'm ready to just rip up my Rogers card and never go back, but I got him to ask another employee, who got me a copy from the back.

On top of that, the dumbass took close to 10 minutes to process the trade, but luckily they gave me no hassle with the quality of my games. My favorite part of the experience was the clerk asking "So you can play this on an Xbox?" as he rang through the game.

I'm done with Rogers and their stupidity. Their great deals aren't worth the frustration.

bread's done
Back