http://rogersplus.com/games/gamestradein_eligible_titles.asp

Summary of changes:

T2 for MW2 or AC2

Added:
Killzone 2
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Removed:
Quantum of Solace (doh!)
Grand Theft Auto 4 (double doh! - those were the two I was saving to trade)

T3 for L4D2, Dragon Age, Tekken 6, Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, Halo 3: ODST, NHL 10, Need for Speed: Shift

Added:
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Grand Theft Auto 4
Heavenly Sword
Kingdom Hearts
Midnight Club LA
Shaun White Snowboarding
SW:TFU
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Up

Removed:
Afro Samurai
Animal Crossing
Far Cry 2
Fuel
GT5: Prologue
Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead
Pure
Bourne Conspiracy
Spiderman Web of Shadows
The Conduit
UT3

(I went through it quickly, might be some errors, check online to make sure)

[quote name='TripleQ']
Removed:
Quantum of Solace (doh!)[/QUOTE]

Greeeeaaat. That's what I was going to use too.

Thanks for the update.

Rogers really shouldn't bother releasing the qualifying trade-in titles list a month early, considering you can't trade for the game until after it comes out.

I wonder how many people like yourself, were holding onto Quantum of Solace or GTA4 and got burned by them updating the list.

Do you still need to be a Rogers Plus member to take advantage of these deals? That's always the deal breaker for me.

Added:
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Grand Theft Auto 4

Removed AND added. ;)

Yes, you need to be an RP Star Rewards member, which is $10 for a year. I held off for the longest time but after doing the Best Buy Trade-4 deal I racked up quite a bit of points. Some of the eligible trade-3 titles can be acquired quite cheaply too, plus you get 1 point per trade-in.

[quote name='TripleQ']
Summary of changes:

Removed:
Quantum of Solace (doh!)
Grand Theft Auto 4 (double doh! - those were the two I was saving to trade)
[/QUOTE]

Wow, fml. Was planning 2 trade those games in. friggin assholes lol

It's a shame they removed several games from the T2G1 promo, I suggest you bring a copy of the Oct. flier and point out that they were indeed eligible. It may be YMMV but its pretty stupid of them indicating a promo in Oct that won't work until Nov. only to change it.

[quote name='blackric']It's a shame they removed several games from the T2G1 promo, I suggest you bring a copy of the Oct. flier and point out that they were indeed eligible. It may be YMMV but its pretty stupid of them indicating a promo in Oct that won't work until Nov. only to change it.[/QUOTE]

I guess i will try that (idk but i will bitch a lot if they dont). It's pretty lame since those games wouldve made MW2 & AC2 $40 basically. It just makes the eb deal seem sweeter now lol

If your looking to grab dragon age or brutal legends now is the time to do it, with this promo plus used games being on sale, you shouldn't have a problem putting together 3 for this special, just do a little shoppin around...

plus, dumping off GTA4, bioshock and shaun white for Brutal legends is soooooo worth it, :)

For the Rogers experts out there. Under MW2 and AC2 trade 2 deal it says only 1 per customer. Does this mean the system will allow you to only do the trade 2 deal once and you have to choose to do either MW2 or AC2, or is it once per title? Heck, maybe it even just means once per store?

Anyone actually know what the true policy is?

Yeah it looks like Rogers is the place to focus on now that EB has lowered it's turd TIVs and BB is finished with the T4G2. The only issue is that Rogers is really picky about disc condition. So if you buy Ninja Gaiden 2 at BBV you'd better make sure it's in good shape.

[quote name='wplayer']For the Rogers experts out there. Under MW2 and AC2 trade 2 deal it says only 1 per customer. Does this mean the system will allow you to only do the trade 2 deal once and you have to choose to do either MW2 or AC2, or is it once per title? Heck, maybe it even just means once per store?

Anyone actually know what the true policy is?[/QUOTE]

Once per SKU per account.

[quote name='Nesmaster']Funny L4D got removed from the T3 list yet remained on the T2 list for AC and MW... :)[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too, i'm planning on picking up AC2 with Batman and L4D

would rogers take need for speed shift for STRAIGHT CREDIT w/o original case? just the ps3 game and manual in a ps2 case.

[quote name='jbo2891']I noticed that too, i'm planning on picking up AC2 with Batman and L4D[/QUOTE]

I was going to use it, but according to RFD they have to honor QoS and GTA IV so I'll probably dump my QoS over L4D, along with MK vs DC.

[quote name='xaznboi']would rogers take need for speed shift for STRAIGHT CREDIT w/o original case? just the ps3 game and manual in a ps2 case.[/QUOTE]

I guess it would depend on the employee and how much you argue if needed... but their flyer only mentions game box and instructions needed, nothing about having to be said platform. If they're going to be dicks about it you could be a bigger asshole and take a their shift case off the shelf and use that to trade in... I know I would if they got under my skin enough. Life is too short to be the nice guy and hang your head in disappointment all the time.

I'm only saying this because of the bullshit Rogers tried to pull on me tonight, but that's a long story. They say the customer is always right for a reason, because I was right. And I won.:applause:

All I say that is if they going to be such assholes regarding the game's condition I trade into them, then I should be allowed to be a bigger asshole when the used games I buy from them also aren't in mint condition. In other words they tried to deny me based on the fact my discs weren't flawless, albeit in excellent condition otherwise. Probably because I walked out with ODST for what would've been 13 bucks otherwise in credit. Which I only bought because the FIVE employees in the store did not know how to use said credit towards L4D2 in their november flyer. Yeah, my first ultra-negative experience with Rogers Video. I had to vent. :)

Some deals can be had if you combine their 30% off used games and their trade 2 and get MW2 free campaigns.

This morning I bought Godfather 2 and Gears 2 for $42 + tax and tomorrow will trade them in for MW2. In total with taxes and stuff this saves about $21 if you were to just buy it straight.

Caution though if you do this, make sure the games are "mint" or they won't take them, you also need the Rogers Rewards card to trade-in (which I already had).

A couple other things based on my experiences.

1. Rogers video is very very picky about game condition. Anything other than Mint with all box stuff - forget it, you'll get like $2 or so.

2. You can't do a trade-in deal until the game comes out. To an above poster, this is why they didn't know how to process a L4D2 trade-in, it's not in their system yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eataburger']A couple other things based on my experiences.

1. Rogers video is very very picky about game condition. Anything other than Mint with all box stuff - forget it, you'll get like $2 or so.

2. You can't do a trade-in deal until the game comes out. To an above poster, this is why they didn't know how to process a L4D2 trade-in, it's not in their system yet.

3. Employees know nothing about games and almost nothing about their promotions and pricing. Bring documentation as proof and stick to your guns.[/QUOTE]

1. I'm not arguing with that fact, however their flyer and terms state no where that the game has to be in mint condition, only working. Adjust value on condition? Sure. Refuse title outright because they can? Absolutely. They can adjust eligible titles for their trade 3 promotions to a penny for all I care based on condition, but the fact is the game is going to be free at the end of it all anyways, otherwise they are conflicting their own terms which is false advertising among other things you could call it. In other words by their own terms: Eligible trade 3 titles = Working condition + Complete with manual and case. For them to even try to refuse something with so little flaws just boggles my mind. I don't care who you are or how careful you are with games, sometimes MINOR scuffs happen to the best of us.

Now, if I were trading in games for straight up credit on the other hand, I wouldn't even bother with Rogers, ever, based on the retarded mentality they're drilling into the employees. There are many other options out there in those situations, and my stuff won't be combed like a murder scene out of CSI. All I say is what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If they want only mint stuff then they had better be only selling mint stuff, their shitty-condition pulled rentals included via resurface or whatever.

2. Fair enough, but they should make that known, then. Or more obvious if they have because I never saw it anywhere. If EB can do it I'm sure they can eventually though.

3. No arguments there. I'm now realizing that in order to get what you want in life you've gotta be a little more aggressive, even if it means sounding like an asshole/jerk. I'm tired of being the nice guy, getting walked on, and ultimately being disappointed. Life's too short to live this way.:bouncy:

anybody know how much mw2 is at rogers? kind of off topic, but whats bbv, future shop or bestbuy giving for nfs shift ps3? sorry im at work lol, cant use my cell just wondering if anyone knew, thanks

I completely agree with a couple of things everyone has said, Rogers is really picky about their trade in disc conditions. The other day I traded in three games for Brutal legends and the guy was giving me a hard time, so I told him on top of that I wanted to buy Street fighter ( to later trade in for assassins creed 2) he brings the disc out scratch to hell... so i said, "so you scrutinize my games for a couple of fingers prints but sell me this crap?", then asked him straight out if he would take this back if I traded it in and hes like, "no probably not" which leads us to the WTF dilemma that everyones having here.

How can you have a policy and be so strict about it, when you're selling product that doesn't even meet that standard. Seems like a HUGEEEEEE double standard.

I advise people to do what I did and call them out on this by saying you want to purchase a used game as well, check out the disc condition and make them turn red and apoligize to you. Unless your game is literally marked up with a million scratches, cracked or has the xbox ring on it, they have to take it.

Can you guys post the specific locations you are having these issues at?

If you can post the address of the store that would be ideal.

the rogers on king george across from central city is a pain in the ass to deal with
they never know of any promotions going on, always assume they're right and will simply ignore what you've said and tell you you're wrong

exact address - 10166 King George Hwy, Surrey, BC

[quote name='blackric']It's a shame they removed several games from the T2G1 promo, I suggest you bring a copy of the Oct. flier and point out that they were indeed eligible. It may be YMMV but its pretty stupid of them indicating a promo in Oct that won't work until Nov. only to change it.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone somehow have a copy of that that they can post?

I want to try to trade in my GTA4... :/

[quote name='randeep_25']the rogers on king george across from central city is a pain in the ass to deal with
they never know of any promotions going on, always assume they're right and will simply ignore what you've said and tell you you're wrong

exact address - 10166 King George Hwy, Surrey, BC[/QUOTE]Odd. I've actually had a pretty good experience with them, although I dealt with them more a year - two years ago when 2 for $40 was still around.

I also traded in GTA4 no problem. They didn't want to take Gears 2 at full trade in value cause it was a little scrached up (wanted to dock it by $5) so I used L4D instead. Great deal. Thanks.

[quote name='TripleQ']I traded in GTA4 (with Fable 2) today, it scanned in automatically for the T2 get MW2, so no need for the old flyer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, worked like a charm... Guess they just removed it off the list to keep the less-savvy traders away from trading it.

This is good news that GTA4 is working. I'll be trying this out later tonight. I really wasn't wanting to let my copy of Killzone 2 go, so if this works I will be extremely happy!

How often does RP restock new games? Local RP is out of CoD and was wondering if I should wait a couple days for them to restock or just pick it up from futureshop and return the RP copy to FS when I end up getting it.

I was afraid that Rogers was going to charge me a refurbishing fee cause of all the things people have been saying. There were a bunch of hairline scratches on my copies of GoW2 and L4D cause I bought them used. I went today and I don't even remember if the guy checked the discs. I just saw him scan them and then scanned MW2 and I was done. This was at Northtown in case anyone was wondering.

Man I must have terrible RP's or many RFDers in my city because I went to 3 stores and all I found was some copies of Ninja Blade and Shaun White Snowboarding that were eligible for the trading deal. Of course after their 30% off for those two games they would both be near $15. Its just a matter or deciding if its worth it to buy them, add one of my own games, and risk them not taking back the two used ones due to scratches.

[quote name='telepathy']so does quantum of solace work then? i just want to ask?[/QUOTE]

It does work in the system, or at least it did yesterday. I traded in GTA4 and COD4 to get MW2, but my friend traded GTA4 and Quantum of Solace, so both worked as of yesterday at least.

Traded QoS/GTA4 for AC2 today, scanned in automatically.

Also for the T3 promo, both Bioshock and Dead Space are 14.99 used at Gamestop (13.49 with edge discount) so those are good and easy to find fillers.

Tried to do a T3 for L4D2 at the kensington location in BBY and the guy would not take my fear 2 game cause he said he could see a square or something on the back of it?there were no scratches at all, they seem much more pickier then EB, pretty frustrating cause now I gotta drive around the GVR to a different rogers and try my luck, hopefully I get a more chill CSR

UPDATE!
So I went to the rogers near coquitlam center and was able to do a T2 for AC2 and a T3 for L4D2!
the lady there was much more chill, and accepted the games no problem
she even commented on how good a deal I was getting, cause the three games I was trading in towards L4D2 had a combined tiv of like $17, lol (Shaun White wii, Fear 2, Devil May Cry 4)
also for anyone interested in AC2 or CODMW2, if you dont have any games that qualify, you can buy NFSU and GTA4 for $17.50 each used, turn around and trade them back to rogers and get either game for free!
just gotta make sure the discs are in really good condition!

Last edited by a moderator:
I attempted to do a trade 3 at two stores, got LFD2 no problem, used games from the website list and they did not go with the promo, had to get an override.

The second store, same thing. Why do they bother with these promo's if they do not work? the CSR tried scanning both ways (trade games than new games, vice versa). The trade 2 worked fine.

Any insight?

bread's done
Back