[Canada] Rogers Plus: 2 for $40 coming up

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739881

Supposedly in the next two weeks, should start. Obviously we have absolutely no head start on the hoarders as it's already on RFD =p

Post your Want Lists here so other CAGs can keep you in mind when checking their stores.

I'm looking for (GVR)
- Street Fighter IV (PS3/360)
- Resident Evil 5 (360/PS3)
- Killzone 2 (PS3)
- Chrono Trigger (DS)
- Star Ocean Second Evolution (PSP)

I'm in Ottawa and willing to look out for titles for some other folks in Ottawa, if you guys can do the same! I don't really wanna handle the shipping process (both sending and receiving) so I'm staying local on this.

Anyway, if you Ottawans post what you're looking for, I'll keep an eye out for your wanted games. To be precise, I'm in Kanata, but in addition I usually check out the stores on Bayshore, Carling (x2), Merivale, and College Square. Maybe a couple more if I go all out.

My most wanted list is...

Rune Factory (Wii)
Excitebots (Wii)
Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360)
Street Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)
Dead Space (Xbox 360)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Ottawa as well.

Not the best time for this deal, would have liked it a month from now. There would be more games. :)

Looking for:
Killzone 2 (PS3)
GH: Metallica (360)
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)

Any locals with requests, let me know.

Thanks.

this dusn't make sense..they r having a 2/40 sale but r giving out 40$ TIVs to certain games? my thinking is NO good triple A games will b selling at 2/40 OR they won't b taking TIVS on games that have the rogers hologram around the disk?

Hey I'm in Ottawa as well.

Games on the lookout for:
1. Uncharted Drakes Fortune PS3
2. Resident Evil 5(PS3/360)
3. Ratchet and Clank ToD PS3
4. Star Ocean 360
5. Killzone 2

When the sale starts, PM so we can arrange a trading list, etc. :)

[quote name='Firestorm']Just a few notes:
- Civ Revolution is $20 at Superstore I think
- Mirror's Edge (EB), Saint's Row 2 (Wal-Mart), and MGS4 Limited Edition (Future Shop) should all be $30 each so might be easier than scrambling around looking for used versions[/QUOTE]

Actually Mirror's Edge is $19.99 new at EB and $14.99 used. I'm not 100% for right now but that's the price they were when I last did price changes a week or two ago.

I'm looking for Rock Band 2 (PS3), GH:Metalica (PS3), and COD:WW (PS3). But I'm in the GTA, so I might as well also ask for a ur-pony and a flying unipig.

[quote name='Mattius_Carl']Actually Mirror's Edge is $19.99 new at EB and $14.99 used. I'm not 100% for right now but that's the price they were when I last did price changes a week or two ago.[/QUOTE]

I was at EB the other day and ME is 20 bucks for the 360 version; the PS3 version is 25. Dunno about used since I didn't notice any used copies but I would imagine they would be 5 bucks cheaper.

[quote name='kleptodathief']weird, i just called TWO scarboro RV locations and they DO NOT trade in vid games..wtf... guess its YMMV[/QUOTE]

What, in any post, on any source, made you believe that Rogers was taking in trade-ins in Ontario?

^ i went to the actual store and asked for a quote from a worker there, but i guess they can just do a computer sku checkup of the games TIV....the guy went to the terminal quoted me a TIV of 22$ and change for SF4 PS3 version, this was at the ellesmere/vic park RV store in toronto few weeks ago i guess, i guess they have TIVs in there system but r not "LIVE" yet in toronto, i'll call up more RVs today when im not busy leeching wii iso games :D

[quote name='kleptodathief']^ i went to the actual store and asked for a quote from a worker there, but i guess they can just do a computer sku checkup of the games TIV....the guy went to the terminal quoted me a TIV of 22$ and change for SF4 PS3 version, this was at the ellesmere/vic park RV store in toronto few weeks ago i guess, i guess they have TIVs in there system but r not "LIVE" yet in toronto, i'll call up more RVs today when im not busy leeching wii iso games :D[/QUOTE]

Geez, if you can get games for free why bother running around trading them in?

[quote name='halcyon1234']I'm looking for Rock Band 2 (PS3)...[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you don't mind missing out on the 20 free DLC tracks?

[quote name='addone']I'm guessing you don't mind missing out on the 20 free DLC tracks?[/QUOTE]
As longas the code isn't used on the manual it's still good. Hell, I've found a bunch of Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 limited editions at EB that still have the codes in the case, as well as a ton of those 1 month Xbox Live codes from GTAIV, there are alot of people who don't bother with those codes or don't even notice them.

Your tastes in music may differ, but I found that those bonus tracks weren't even worth the hard drive space they took up... no big loss if you don't get them.

On the last 2 for $40, I was able to get AC/DC and it still had the manual with unactivated codes. But I also picked up Rockband 2 and the manual were gone, so its YMMV.

Just a heads up to Firestorm, I'm here as well, and have been for awhile, I just don't post often.

I'll make sure to give you guys heads up on any game deals I come across in the future before they hit RFD.

This (supposed) deal is almost certainly false. I went in to a local Rogers (again) today and the actual store manager (who was being extremely nice and helpful) flipped through her binder to check for any upcoming promotions. She said there were no gaming promotions coming within the next 2 months besides the buy a 360 get Scene it free and the PSP bundle promo.

She also said the 2/40 and 2/30 promo's are not going to happen any more at any stores because of the upcoming trade-in program. I know a couple employees at a different Rogers too and they said they haven't heard of any upcoming promo's either.

Also, the B2G1F on used games $12.99+ is also a bust - just a "website error" :(

Oh well. I'd rather spend my money on new stuff than on games I didn't want on Day One. I still hope a 2/$40 sale does materialize this winter. It was a boon at that time of the year. There are no games I missed that I want right now.

just called up Rogers ... confirmed that there is no 2/40 on previously played video games for this weekend.:hot: they've been piling up used games in the past month or so ... but its because they will be introducing the "trade-ins" system (similar to EB / FS) in the month of June.

Oh well ... it was good while it lasted.

I asked the girl at rogers afew days ago and she said it was gonna happen on the 7th, So i quickly went and hid the games I wanted under one of the shelfs :) the only gears 2 game there will be mine!

I spoke to my local Rogers and was told that there was no 2/40 on their list but they did confirm the next trade-in system coming up.

Guess I'll just keep checking in.

[quote name='cheekymonkey582']I asked the girl at rogers afew days ago and she said it was gonna happen on the 7th, So i quickly went and hid the games I wanted under one of the shelfs :) the only gears 2 game there will be mine![/QUOTE]

You're the only one in like two pages to confirm one, I think it's safe to say she was fucking with you just to get you the hell on out.

Spoke to a Store Manager AND Head Office. Corporate said there would be trade-ins eventually coming to most Roger Plus stores, but there was definitely NO 2/40 coming up. Store Manager said the B2G1F was coming up next week. 2/40 is dead (as much as I wish it wasn't). Anyone who says it isn't dead is either lying/screwing with you, or it's only at a particular store due to a store manager's (unlikely and poor) decision (on their part - good for the customers)! It would not be a nationwide promo.

bread's done
Back