[Canada]Rogers Video 2/40: April Edition

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
It's in this month's eplus: 2/40 from Apr. 1-30.

I checked out the Oak and 15th, Arbutus and Broadway, and 39th and West Boulevard. Most notable titles were Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, Warriors Orochi, Jericho, and Soldier of Fortune (PS3).

Also, preorder GTAIV and get exclusive gamer pics and a $70 gamers pack (probably coupons.) Costs $5.00

Get an additional Wii steering wheel (in various colours) with the purchase of Mario Kart Wii.

I love this promo, I checked out my local Rogers tonight and picked up the following

Uncharted: Drake's Fourtune (PS3)
Turok (360) had sticker that said no manual, but I asked the clerk and I was able to get one :)
Dragon Quest: Swords (Wii)
Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii)

Turok looks like the only one I will keep, Uncharted, DQ: Swords are on there way to goozex for points (I own them already) and if Bully goes up in value on Goozex it will be headed there aswell, if not it will be part of a trade 3 get 1 free at ebgames, I love these deals, and my rogers usually keeps everything in good enough condition for trading

I grabbed Conflict Denied Ops for 360 and MLB 08 The Show for PS3 both are complete and in good shape. Will probably play both for a bit then goozex them. Let me know if anyone wants to trade something for them

[quote name='gamer602']YAY!

2 copies of SMASH BROS!!!

1 for me,
1 for my friend![/quote]

Flippin' hell, it hasn't even been out for a full month yet. Even so, why are the managers pulling such a red-hot game for the Wii?

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Flippin' hell, it hasn't even been out for a full month yet. Even so, why are the managers pulling such a red-hot game for the Wii?[/quote]

Dont ask me, im just glad they did!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']It's in this month's eplus: 2/40 from Apr. 1-30.

I checked out the Oak and 15th, Arbutus and Broadway, and 39th and West Boulevard. Most notable titles were Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, Warriors Orochi, Jericho, and Soldier of Fortune (PS3).

Also, preorder GTAIV and get exclusive gamer pics and a $70 gamers pack (probably coupons.) Costs $5.00

Get an additional Wii steering wheel (in various colours) with the purchase of Mario Kart Wii.[/quote]

WE NEED TO FIND DETAILS ON THIS!

[quote name='magiic']it's not that red hot at mine. I wouldn't be suprised if I saw it sometime this month[/quote]
yea its no that great........MK will be better....only 3 more weeks

[quote name='gamer602']yea its no that great........MK will be better....only 3 more weeks[/quote]

I think you just set off a fire storm with that remark. ;)

Man you guys are getting such good stuff. I remember two copies of Galaxy when I went by last week, but they were gone already.

No Rogers Video where I live, but I'm heading to Courtenay BC tomorrow, so I'll stop in there. Do the games usually come complete and in decent shape?

[quote name='cliffclaven2']No Rogers Video where I live, but I'm heading to Courtenay BC tomorrow, so I'll stop in there. Do the games usually come complete and in decent shape?[/quote]

usually they are in good shape
if they dont come with a manual you can usually ask for one

Does anybody in Winnipeg know which Rogers stores are good for this deal?

The one on Meadowood never seems to have anything.

Damn! I really want to go and check today, but for some reason there's a blizzard in Edmonton right now. :S I kinda want to risk it.....but I don't know. It's probably not worth it, but I really want to see.

Just checked a few of the Rogers locations in Oakville for PS3 games. Upper Middle and 3rd line, upper middle and trafalgar, and on cornwall just east of trafalgar. They all had crap, someone cleaned the one on Cornwall out last night.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']It's in this month's eplus: 2/40 from Apr. 1-30.

Get an additional Wii steering wheel (in various colours) with the purchase of Mario Kart Wii.[/quote]

ugggggg its on RFD too.

the hoarders are going to have a field day....why post it there?

[quote name='gamer602']ugggggg its on RFD too.

the hoarders are going to have a field day....why post it there?[/quote]

Friday night and weekend, where it's quieter on RFD. I posted after hitting up all my local Rogers, plus most stores were cleared out a couple weeks ago. It would've been up eventually: someone already posted the GTAIV deal in a separate thread.

I went to the Capilano one in Edmonton, and they had a few decent games. I picked up Frontline, and my friend picked up MLB 2k8....we dind't so much like MLB, but they both trade in for $33 at EB, so if either suck I'm not too worried.

I checked the flyer when I got there and saw nothing advertised in it. But either way, there was literally no selection (I think the newest game was probably NFS Pro Street). However, on a side note, they had a couple of bins with DVDs in them marked 2/$6, and they had lots of TV show DVDs (eg. Seinfeld, The Shield, CSI). The only thing that sucked for me was that the seasons of Seinfeld they had there were incomplete.

I decided not to even go look. Instead I pricematched Veronica Mars Season Three at bestbuy (future shop 29.99 best buy 55.99) and ended up getting it for 27$.

That was cool.

Northtown Edmonton
360:
-Mass Effect x3
-Assassin's Creed
-Soldier of Fortune
-Avatar (Get it for the achievements then pass it around to all your friends? :p)
-Sega Rally Revo
-Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Wii:
-Super Mario Galaxy

Clairview Edmonton
360:
-Mass Effect
-Assassin's Creed
-Bioshock
-Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
-Skate
-Dirt
-Sega Rally Revo
-The Simpsons Game
-Soldier of Fortune
-Conflict: Denied Ops

PS3:
-Assassin's Creed
-Jericho

PSP:
-Wipeout Pulse
-Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

That's all the decent titles I can remember from the top of my head. Didn't pick anything up cause I either had them or wasn't that interested. There was a hole in my shoe and it's pretty slushy outside so all I got out of it was a wet sock. :cry: Did you see anything else at Capilano craig64?

[quote name='TheBigBoi']I checked the flyer when I got there and saw nothing advertised in it. [/quote]

It's in a little box in the lower right corner of page 19. I almost missed it too but it's there :p

well I've half given up on the rogers near me... but I'll pay 30$ if anyone happens to find dmc4 or lost odyssey

Hey BS000, I must've went to North Town just before you did....I found Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Metroid Prime! I was so happy with that. Woots.

Well obviously Brawl is a candidate for being pulled. I mean, who'd rent it. Everyone has it!
Except crazies of course. You crazy crazies.

[quote name='dave17']well I've half given up on the rogers near me... but I'll pay 30$ if anyone happens to find dmc4 or lost odyssey[/quote]

Which locations (might save me some time lol)?

Thanks bs000, grabbed some things from Clairview and North Town. The North Town Assassin's Creed CD was cracked, so I grabbed two of the Mass Effects instead (1 left) and grabbed Tony Hawk's PG as filler to go along with the copy of Galaxy. Also picked up Metal Slug anthology for the Wii, priced at $19.99. ;)

Grabbed KUF, Dirt, Conflict, and Skate (as filler) from Clairview. Skate is trashed though, it'll likely be returned or just taken to BBV. No manuals for any of the games at this location, pissed me off. :(

Thanks bs000, grabbed some things from Clairview and North Town. The North Town Assassin's Creed CD was cracked, so I grabbed two of the Mass Effects instead (1 left) and grabbed Tony Hawk's PG as filler to go along with the copy of Galaxy. Also picked up Metal Slug anthology for the Wii, priced at $19.99. ;)

Grabbed KUF, Dirt, Conflict, and Skate (as filler) from Clairview. Skate is trashed though, it'll likely be returned or just taken to BBV. No manuals for any of the games at this location, pissed me off. :(

[quote name='Nesmaster']Thanks bs000, grabbed some things from Clairview and North Town. [/quote]

:bouncy:

[quote name='craig64']Hey BS000, I must've went to North Town just before you did....I found Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Metroid Prime! I was so happy with that. Woots.[/quote]

Oh yea I remember seeing Metroid Prime too. Don't know how I forgot about that lol.

Went to Clairview again today. Nothing new. Mass effect and Bioshock are still there for 360. And Assassin's Creed (PS3) x2. I saw in the rental section there was a big bulging stack of Turok so they'll probably pull some of those this week. Been waiting to get Turok but don't want to pay full price. :p

[quote name='bs000']:bouncy:

Oh yea I remember seeing Metroid Prime too. Don't know how I forgot about that lol.

Went to Clairview again today. Nothing new. Mass effect and Bioshock are still there for 360. And Assassin's Creed (PS3) x2. I saw in the rental section there was a big bulging stack of Turok so they'll probably pull some of those this week. Been waiting to get Turok but don't want to pay full price. :p[/quote]

If they do pull some Turok you should let us know. I'd love to pick it up for $20, but I don't really want to spend much more than that. I'll probably check Capilano tomorrow or Thursday, so I'll let you all know if I find anything worthwhile.

My Rogers has pulled two Turoks so far. One was complete other was missing manual and both were in very good condition. I traded with the missing manual one on goozex and kept the other.

Today I got...

Sonic & Mario :wii:
Front Lines Fuels of War :360:
Devil May Cry 4 :360:
Condemned 2 :360:
Kingdom Under Fire :360:
Turok :360:
MLB 2k8 :360:
Lost Odyssey :360:

I could of gotten Army of Two as it got pulled for 360 but unfortunately one of the staff guys researched it earlier in the week and had one of the guys hold it for him. I'm hoping I can grab a copy next wednesday.

[quote name='dave17']well I've half given up on the rogers near me... but I'll pay 30$ if anyone happens to find dmc4 or lost odyssey[/quote]

I guess you are looking for a 360 version, but I did see the DMC4 PS3 version at the Rogers yesterday afternoon at Montreal Rd/River Road in Vanier....

I was going to get it, but I couldn't find a 2nd game that I liked.

Just like last month, Bank & Hunt Club and Bank & Gilmour locations are NOT running the promo again. So don't even bother these two places.

Anyone care to share other Ottawa location info?

[quote name='Lockescythe']Torontos more or less completly horrible today.

Called a bunch of locations and noone pulled anything.[/quote]

Two of the Rogers that ever had anything downtown (Ossington and Collegeish, and Roncesvalles locations) are/have closed. It is very, very sad.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Just like last month, Bank & Hunt Club and Bank & Gilmour locations are NOT running the promo again. So don't even bother these two places.

Anyone care to share other Ottawa location info?[/quote]

Kanata Centrum is hit or miss. They tend have a decent selection right at the start, but seem to slack off on pulling more games. BUT.. Another thing I've noticed, when the sale isn't on they have a great selection, but once it starts that can quickly change. I'm there right when the sale starts every single time, so maybe their employees take some stuff, who knows.

Another Kanata location that I just can't think of the street name right now (down past Hazeldean mall), but it's in a little plaza by a Shopper's. Pretty much the same as the Centrum location, really. They generally always have a decent selection, with multiple copies of each game. They're also good about pulling stuff if you ask them. The lady told me to come back in a week or two for Bully and they'd give it to me.

Merivale has always been trash to me. They run it, but it's all PS2, and Xbox games for the most part. Their staff didn't help me much either.

Other than that, a few other locations that I can't exactly remember right now (maybe Carlingwood?) all do the sale, and it just depends when you get there.

That's about all I can think of right now, I'm a bit distracted by the hockey on TV and can't really remember where everything is and what the store is like.

bread's done
Back