[Canada] Rogers Video 2 for $40 (dead for now, check this weekend)

Yep, it's on. Picked up Condemned 2 and The Simpsons, both 360, in Guelph today. They were pretty much the only things there worth mentioning, other than 360 R6V2 (39.99 or 49.99), PS3 Orange Box (19.99) and Katamari Damacy (19.99). Other semi-big titles were Lair, Turning Point, and Turok.

Sweet thanks Firestorm. Looks like I will be waking up early and walking to rogers vid every day for the next lil while.

Killer deals in Calgary, check out the Rogers on 52nd street. Got Burnout Paradise (360) and Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) for $40. Saw Super Smash Bros Brawl and one more copy of Metal Gear 4 there as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doctor_payne13']Yep, it's on. Picked up Condemned 2 and The Simpsons, both 360, in Guelph today. They were pretty much the only things there worth mentioning, other than 360 R6V2 (39.99 or 49.99), PS3 Orange Box (19.99) and Katamari Damacy (19.99). Other semi-big titles were Lair, Turning Point, and Turok.[/quote]

Turning Point is $20 new, $15 used at BBV.

Back on Wednesday I grabbed GTA4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 from the Calgary 17th Ave SE store. I'll be heading back soon to hopefully grab Civilization.

[quote name='rmatheso']Killer deals in Calgary, check out the Rogers on 52nd street. Got Burnout Paradise (360) and Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) for $40. Saw Super Smash Bros Brawl and one more copy of Metal Gear 4 there as well.[/quote]

Burnout paradise is $7.99 new at BBV.

[quote name='neksus']Burnout paradise is $7.99 new at BBV.[/QUOTE]

When did this happen? I was there last night and they wanted 35 for it used.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']When did this happen? I was there last night and they wanted 35 for it used.[/quote]
same here...it can't be that cheap !

He probably means Burnout Revenge, or one of the older Burnouts. There's no way Paradise is that cheap...but if it is, run and pick it up!

It is on but only at select locations, the guy i talked to at my store (Unicity in Winnipeg) said their manager had to request it so it was a special weekend sale for stores that asked for it. Got battlefield bad company and lost odyssey though for 360 :)
thanks op!

Called the one in Kitchener, Ottawa and River, they had it, walked over there but didn't find much, picked up Alone in the Dark (360) and Kung Fu Panda (360) figured I would try them out and then flip them for something else on Goozex or EBgames trade 3

there is a flyer on the website from June showing this deal, maybe next one is August...bi-monthly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Both stores in Toronto on Yonge street near St. Clair aren't running it unfortunately. Otherwise I'd have DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 right now.

[quote name='TtotheE']Not on... I guess it's a good thing because I really didn't have $160 to buy speed (crack) anyway.[/quote]

Fixed for lols.

And 2/40 on at Stratford, ON location. Have lots of GTA's and some AA titles.

I might have to go to the local one near my house and see what they have, probably going to go tomorrow after work. Hopefully they'll still have some good stuff. :O

Waterloo Stores:

Northfield/Weber: MGS4, AitD Wii, bunch of older stuff
Bridgeport/Weber: Nothing except Heavenly Sword if that's still considered good?

[quote name='darkandlong']Its on in Burlington but as usual there is nothing. I checked PS3, 360 titles to find anything worth 2/40 and nothing.[/quote]

Yea, a couple weeks ago I went during the last 2/40 sale, I wanted to get GTAIV and something else. Unfortunately they had absolutely nothing else I wanted, so I picked up 2 copies of GTAIV and traded 1 in back when it was still worth $40 at EB.

Picked up Lego Indiana Jones and Condemned 2 (both 360) from the Windsor Dougall location. Nothing else of note left, except for a Mass Effect and Guitar Hero 2.

Oakville store, Upper Middle Road, had nothing as usual. The gems among the crap were DMC3 and (to a lesser extent) Heavenly Sword. And with DMC just having a price drop, we're looking at very little.

I have confirmation that ALL $9.99 marked titles are 20% off as well. Not a bad deal.

I picked up Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for $9.04 using the discount.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']I have confirmation that ALL $9.99 marked titles are 20% off as well. Not a bad deal.

I picked up Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for $9.04 using the discount.[/quote]

So everything tagged $9.99 will scan at $7.99?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']So everything tagged $9.99 will scan at $7.99?[/quote]

I think so, I saw this sign at a local Rogers (now that the 2/40 is over)

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']So everything tagged $9.99 will scan at $7.99?[/quote]

Correct, and that includes both last gen and current gen games.

[quote name='frozzted']Anyone seen Lego Star Wars & Lego Indy at any stores in Calgary?[/quote]
17th Ave SE has Lego Indy, but the sale is over.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Correct, and that includes both last gen and current gen games.[/quote]

Got a Rogers flyer today, and it's from July 29 - Aug. 11: 20% off all $9.99 used games and DVDs.

Or even a 2/$30. Man remember last year when they had it around this time? I went ape shit when I found out they were having the sale.

I think we are long overdue for the 2/30 sale, no? lol.

[quote name='magiic']The last one was boxing week I believe.[/quote]

Oh yeah. But, of course, my Rogers had nothing good on the shelf then since Christmas + hoarders + last minute shoppers = no good games left.

[quote name='magiic']The last one was boxing week I believe.[/quote]
I fucking hated Boxing Day at my Roger's, the guy from my area who clears out every game/video store on a weekly basis of anything profitable beat me to the store and had a stack of about 100 games on the counter and they were even going around the store pulling games that he had printed out. I asked if they would pull a couple for me and the girl flat out said no, that guy is a special case because he will clean out the store and they do him a favour for it, imagine that, a total hoarder that they cater to while saying "fuck You" to everyone else. This guy is known on a first name basis with every store clerk around here and pretty much makes a living from it so it's hard to find anything good around here these days.

Burlington update:

Snagged a few titles at Appleby and New... AITD, Dark Sector, NG2, MGS4, GTAIV, SSBB all 360 except MGS4 and SSBB, duh. Keeping the first 3, others will go for trade/sale. I figured I'd break even on the trades plus a few bucks to pay for my Madden 08 CE preorder at EB.

Walkers and New had nothing and not planning anymore pulls.

my eb is having a 2 for 30 sale but it totally sucks, pretty much just regular xbox titles, a few 360 tony hawk games and some shitty psp and ds games.

Rogers Baseline Sherwood Park - ON.

I know I said I shouldn't be buying any more, but I couldn't resist picking up:

GTA IV PS3
BF: BC PS3
Lego Indy 360
Condemned 2 360
Geometry Wars: Galaxies Wii - $7.99

Still there: AoT PS3, Hulk 360, Alone in the Dark 360, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith on PS3 and Wii, Boom Blox Wii, Don King 360, Lego Indy PS3 and a few other random things. :)

[quote name='121212']Mine isn't doing it anymore :cry: . It had good stuff too: GTAIV, Lego Indy, Ninja Gaiden, Frontlines.[/quote]

Same! I went yesterday and they had a wicked selection (Alone in the Dark, Lego Indy... I didn't look too much because I knew the sale wasn't on), so it sucked that there wasn't a 2/$40.

bread's done
Back