[Canada] Rogers Video 2 used games for $30

imcrazy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just stopped by Rogers Video and picked up the June issue of their ePlus magazine/flyer. In the back there's a small box saying

2 for $30 Previously Played Video Game
Offer valid on the purchase of all previously played game

Apparently the offer is valid from June 5-25.

If this is true, without restrictions (there are none listed anywhere on the flyer) then this deal is SUPER HOT!

Edit : Called a Rogers, salesperson said it should on everything but told me to call back in a few days to confirm.
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448592

Since this was posted on RFD, get ready to rush out on June 5th and buy your games (since the raiding parties will arrive asap).

PS - keep an eye out for xbox live starter packs (for the original xbox, but they work for the 360). You may just be able to grab some for 10 bucks each.

I better call the one nearest my house as some ppl on RFD are reporting that some managers are already starting this deal.

EDIT: The guy I phoned messed up. He told me that it was on new games. I guess I'll just get a copy of the flyer and go in and show them. (It was the Mississauga location near Meadowvale Town Centre).

[quote name='TheBigBoi']I better call the one nearest my house as some ppl on RFD are reporting that some managers are already starting this deal.

EDIT: The guy I phoned messed up. He told me that it was on new games. I guess I'll just get a copy of the flyer and go in and show them. (It was the Mississauga location near Meadowvale Town Centre).[/quote]

Gee, 2 used for $30 is hot enough. 2 new for $30 would be smoking :lol:

That would be hot, but I forgot to mention that he said it was the$19.99 and under games. I guess he thought I was talking about the current deal they have going on.

[quote name='chimp69']is there a flyer showing this anywhere?[/quote] In the very first line of this topic it reads, " Just stopped by Rogers Video and picked up the June issue of their ePlus magazine/flyer. In the back there's a small box saying...."

wow so this is absolutely ANYTHING? So I could get like Pokemon Diamond and...I dunno, maybe Lost planet or something?

Come to think of it, how much cash does EB give for this stuff? Which games are worth the most lol

[quote name='chimp69']is there a flyer showing this anywhere?[/quote]

yes the eplus flyer for June shows it on the back page

i hit up the rogers at 70th& granville, they only 3 used 360 games, MLB2k6, kameo and tony hawk(disk only). They did have a new copy of table tennis for $15 plus 20% off in the clearance bin.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']i hit up the rogers at 70th& granville, they only 3 used 360 games, MLB2k6, kameo and tony hawk(disk only). They did have a new copy of table tennis for $15 plus 20% off in the clearance bin.[/quote]
Did you get it? Thats an awesome deal. Worth 12 bucks easy.

My friend's gonna go check it out today and then report back to me. Hopefully there's some good stuff there.

OMG i did not know that you can put games on HOLD

someguy that came in got 6 360 games, among them i saw
Carbon, GRAW2, Crackdown, Gears, and 2 others

He walks in, and is like, yeah i called yesterday and put these games on hold..... i was like OMG holy crap, this guy is my hero

Kind of dissapointing in contrast to last time but today I got...
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
God of War 2
GRAW2

all complete and in good condition

From all the games I have which I most want right now, I got the top 2/4 of them :D. Great deal, so thanks OP :). One of my games still smells completely brand new and nothing is scratched AT ALL! It's exactly like a brand new game...regular 50$ new but got it for 15$. So cool :)

The other one has some scratches but they aren't too big and I'm sure it'll work. Doesn't look like they used it for rentals either.

funny thing was, price tag on both the games read 39.99, and after teh deal rang up to 33.30, i saved $46.00!!!!

woot now that i finally have a third game, im gonna go get a Gcube from EB

Actually you saved like 52$ or something cause of tax yet :p. According to the price tags I think I saved about 70$ :D

The one nearest me doesn't have any PPed games for new systems, only previous gen systems. Gonna try the second Rogers and hope something comes up.

today i found:

Wing Island - WII
Medal of Honor - WII
Prince of Persia - WII
Heatseeker - WII
Pokemon Diamond - DS
Virtua Tennis 3 - XBOX 360
Tales of Abyss - PS2
Disgaea 2 - PS2

[quote name='magiic']Kind of dissapointing in contrast to last time but today I got...
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
God of War 2
GRAW2

all complete and in good condition[/quote]

I'm getting serious deja vu... just read your post on RFD. :D

Most of the RV locations in Richmond have limited selection of 360 games. No PS3/Wii.

Sorry I'm posting so late, but for anyone in ottawa...

I visited the three stores in Kanata, one on Richmond, one on Carling and one at College Square. Almost all of them had one copy of God of War 2 (not sure if they're still there now, of course), the one on Hazeldean (Kanata) had like 6 Final Fantasy 12's and one Zelda Wii. I saw some 360 games at some of the locations, but none were impressive enough.

I personally picked up...

Elebits (Wii)
Pokemon Diamond (DS)
God of War 2 (PS2)
FF12 (PS2)

Very surprised to find Pokemon. I was about to buy it new for 45 bucks this week, and I don't usually like to buy used games, but this deal is too good to pass up and I thought 'what the heck'.

My initial hope for this sale was to find Elebits and Red Steel...and I found one. I'm happy.

[EDIT: I can pick up a GoW2 if anyone anywhere in Canada wants to trade for a Wii game of some sort...Red Steel, SSX Blur, or even Twilight Princess on GameCube, if your stores have any of those! I saw Saint's Row on 360 at one of them, too, if anyone's interested. I don't really know how good/popular that game is but it had a 40-dollar tag, heh]

Kind of a bust in Peterborough (already cleaned out by the time I got there after work - not a single PP'd 360 game in the store). I did pick up Metroid Prime Hunters & Age of Empires for the DS, but I was hoping for Pokemon Diamond or Pearl & Rainbow 6 Vegas or NHL 07 for 360. Bah well, can't win 'em all.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Did you get it? Thats an awesome deal. Worth 12 bucks easy.[/QUOTE]
Nope, I've already got for myself and so do most of my friends. Figured I'd leave it for someone else.

I was pissed. I went to 3 different stores in my area, none of which had any Wii games. My friend picked up PGR3 and NBA 2k7. I was really hoping to at least pick up Zelda TP.

and i didn't think it could get better that the 2/40 deal...

we picked up:
God of War 2
Spider-Man 3
Super Paper Mario
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

on a side note, the girl at the counter said that there were "some geeks" in last night, trying to hide games all over the store so they could come in the next morning and pick them up, haha

thanks for the heads up on this deal, it's much appreciated

I visited 2 local Rogers one had a bunch of stuff and the other had nothing. I got:

Medal of Honor: Vanguard
- Wii
Spiderman 3 - Wii
Rayman Raving Rabbids - 360 (been looking for a good party game, and another game that uses the camera)
God of War 2 - PS2 (for my friend)

Also thought I should point out that I also managed to get 2 xbox live starter kits (with 12 month subscriptions) for $9.99 each (incredible deal). Neither were expired to (not sure if they can or not). There were 4 in total but I thought I should leave them for others. I am now paid up until 2010!

PS - this deal will continue through most of June, so if you weren't able to get much now they restock the shelves on Wednesdays. So check back weekly.

No spiderman 3 (360) or any REAL new stuff left when I went( at 5pm...) so I grabbed some dupes to help me get some other titles I want:

P1010003-2.jpg

Anyone have an Extra Spidey 3 for 360? I'm willing to swap for any title in that photo that I have two of :applause:

^ WTF.

Man, all I had at mine were a couple of MoH: Vanguard and FFVII Dirge of Cerebus. Bullshit.

Anyone know the trade-in value for Medal of Honor Vanguard at EB?

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']^ WTF.

Man, all I had at mine were a couple of MoH: Vanguard and FFVII Dirge of Cerebus. Bullshit.

Anyone know the trade-in value for Medal of Honor Vanguard at EB?[/quote]

This was accumulated by visiting 5 RV locations, they weren't all at the same one. The first RV I went to said one guy was in and bought 30 games :whistle2:s. The most I grabbed at one location was 8...

I hit up another store today and got:

WarioWare Smooth Moves
Pokemon Pearl x2
Pokemon Diamond

So when you say they restock on Wednesday tomorrow they could have different stuff?

[quote name='Spiderine']I hit up another store today and got:

WarioWare Smooth Moves
Pokemon Pearl x2
Pokemon Diamond

So when you say they restock on Wednesday tomorrow they could have different stuff?[/quote]

It is possible, but the girl I talked to said that they don't do it every Wednesday. Basically if they have games to put out it happens on the Wednesday of that week.

[quote name='imcrazy']I visited 2 local Rogers one had a bunch of stuff and the other had nothing. I got:

Medal of Honor: Vanguard - Wii
Spiderman 3 - Wii
Rayman Raving Rabbids - 360 (been looking for a good party game, and another game that uses the camera)
God of War 2 - PS2 (for my friend)

Also thought I should point out that I also managed to get 2 xbox live starter kits (with 12 month subscriptions) for $9.99 each (incredible deal). Neither were expired to (not sure if they can or not). There were 4 in total but I thought I should leave them for others. I am now paid up until 2010!

PS - this deal will continue through most of June, so if you weren't able to get much now they restock the shelves on Wednesdays. So check back weekly.[/quote]

do they have more xbox live kits? which location did you find them at?

thanks

bread's done
Back