[Canada] Rogers Video 2 used games for $30

imcrazy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just stopped by Rogers Video and picked up the June issue of their ePlus magazine/flyer. In the back there's a small box saying

2 for $30 Previously Played Video Game
Offer valid on the purchase of all previously played game

Apparently the offer is valid from June 5-25.

If this is true, without restrictions (there are none listed anywhere on the flyer) then this deal is SUPER HOT!

Edit : Called a Rogers, salesperson said it should on everything but told me to call back in a few days to confirm.
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448592

Since this was posted on RFD, get ready to rush out on June 5th and buy your games (since the raiding parties will arrive asap).

PS - keep an eye out for xbox live starter packs (for the original xbox, but they work for the 360). You may just be able to grab some for 10 bucks each.

There wasn't much at the Rogers I went to (it's a tiny store), but I got Rampage: Total Destruction (Wii), Spider-Man 3 (PS2), Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, and God of War 2. I only kept GoW2, the others got traded in to EB for Halo 3.

If anyone in GVR can find these for me...
Rub the Rabbits
Phoenix Wright 2

I, unlike some people actually want to play the games i buy.

Oh my rogers has
FF3
Diddy kong racing
castlevania
pokemon
tons more
will buy them to trade with you for the above two games.

I bought crackdown but it had no manual. If anyone somehow snags an extra manual for the game, please do a trade with me or I'll buy it off them. Thanks.

Also, I went to the Kenaston RV in Wpg. They had some older 360 games, like SC:DA, saint's row, bullet witch, table tennis, TR:L, marvel:UA, outfit, NFS:carbon, Lost Planet and a few others I dont remember. Anyways, I bought an extra copy of saint's row, and will probably return it, unless someone wants it. Just LMK.

I just returned from the Rogers Video in Richmond, BC on Granville Ave. They aren't participating because I was told the only deal was on the lousy collection of $9.99 Xbox titles, 2 for $15. There wasn't much anyway, but I would have liked the copies of Star Trek: Legacy and SvR 2007 I tried to purchase.

Picked up some XBOX 360 games

Ghost Recon 2 Advanced Warfighter

Def Jam ICON

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

Lost Planet Extreme Condition

Total cost after tax $67.80

Ps Game,Manual,Case,All Mint

Pretty strange for Previously Played Game

[quote name='Nesmaster']No spiderman 3 (360) or any REAL new stuff left when I went( at 5pm...) so I grabbed some dupes to help me get some other titles I want:

P1010003-2.jpg

Anyone have an Extra Spidey 3 for 360? I'm willing to swap for any title in that photo that I have two of :applause:[/quote]

Uhhh...wow...ya...
I think some people go a little insane over deals like these. Heck you spent over 400$ on video games and all I see there is 1 game I'd even be interested in lol . Even if you do double your money in credit...that's still a lot to spend at one time and will buy you so many games I have no idea how you'll get through them. Even if you do get through them eventually, most will probably sell for 20$ new on sale somewhere. I'd never do that...

Wow..good haul from everybody, I was tempted to buy stuff, but I don't like buying "used" games and too lmuch hassle to sell them at EB or ebay them, I'll just wait till the CAG US deals come through, but I think some of those games are cheaper in the states, but by not alot, but still, since the Canadian Dollar is strong :D, I'm going to the States more often for bargains.

[quote name='Spades22']Uhhh...wow...ya...
I think some people go a little insane over deals like these. Heck you spent over 400$ on video games and all I see there is 1 game I'd even be interested in lol . Even if you do double your money in credit...that's still a lot to spend at one time and will buy you so many games I have no idea how you'll get through them. Even if you do get through them eventually, most will probably sell for 20$ new on sale somewhere. I'd never do that...[/quote]
Guess you don't know how much 360 I actually play... lol :lol:

[quote name='Nesmaster']Guess you don't know how much 360 I actually play... lol :lol:[/quote]

haha well I guess it's possible. Still a lot of money to blow on games xD...but if you take the time to sell some and stuff I guess you can get em for free eventually. It's just too much work to bother for me. 5 games last me like a whole year with online and everything lol.

And ya I don't like buying used games either...but this was so cheap I couldn't pass it up.

I picked up a couple of 360 games, Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Star Trek Legacy.....I'm quite pleased as I didn't think they'd have anything left worth getting.

Yeah, that kind of thing is a huge bummer. I have landed a lot of great deals through RFD, but, man, do a lot of douchebags post there.

Definitely seems like things got worse since the Wii/PS3 launch shortages brought a lot of people there, especially for anything game related.

Heh this is exactly why I said get there as early as possible.

Also something interesting I just read:
Here goes..
As we all may or may not know, Rogers Video compiles a list every now and then, from that list they are able to make rented games on sale as a previously played title.

Well, it appears that if Rogers has more than 1 copy on the shelf of a rent title, you can take it to the counter and they will get the case and sell it to you as used. Meaning that ALL games with more than one copy in the store can be sold to you. If there is one game rented out, and another copy there, YOU CANNOT buy it. But if there are physically two copies, you can buy one of them, they have most of the cases in the back and you will get gamecase + game and manual if it is there.

Well YMMV, good luck and leave some titles for others.
Thanks to BaconMunch on RFD. He probably shouldn't have posted that there. If that really works at every rogers video, this deal is gonna end before the 25th as they are gonna run out of games.

Yeah, one of the Rogers I went to, one of the employees came with me to the Wii rental section and asked to pick one. I picked Red Steel and she said "not that, we have two copies and one's rented out." Then she started naming all the ones I COULD take, but none interested me.

But then she said "but NOT for the 2 for 30" so... YMMV big time

Rogers Video on Victoria & 41st in Vancouver has FFXII (PS2), Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (PS2), Call of Duty 2 (360), and Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360).

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']In case you may be wondering why you're not finding anything:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5610/rogershaultq0.jpg

(Not mine, from RFD.)

Some other hoarder had the gall to resell them at $40-50 each.

Those people make me sick.[/QUOTE]

That's why I don't post as much or post deals, when I can on RFD, too many hoarders there, and than they come to CAG and lurk, another reason why the CAG Canada board should be private most of the time.

Oh man, I just came back from one in Ottawa (Woodruffe) and I met probably the best manager ever. Like the poster above said, they'll sell you games off the shelf if need be - they weren't busy so he just did a little tour of the game section with me. :)

One thing though, he gave me things that only had one copy. I got Ninja Gaiden Black and Earth Defense Force. Now, those probably aren't great games, but it can happen. I bought A LOT of games, but no "hot" titles though. I could have picked up GRAW2, Gears, etc, but I already had them so I skipped them. Hopefully someone else who's interested and in Ottawa can head over and pick up those games if they want. I'm still trying to hunt down a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but at this point, I'm pretty damn happy with my "haul".

I got:

Godfather Wii
Spidey 3 (360)
Spidey 3 (PS3)
Fight Night Round 3

today:)

I'm gonna try doing that buying of rental copies though:)

No rental copy success for me. However, the 2 people that were working are REALLY nice and we discussed it. Not like the total b**ch on Wednesday though.

Pretty bad selection, managed to get:
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (360)
Virtua Tennis 3 (360)

Whaaa?! I definitely need to go and try that trick with the rental games. Is there any way to try and show them some proof that they (Rogers employees) are allowed to do that?

I think it has to be a manager that can authorize it, but I'm not sure.
I wouldn't have asked, but when I called to hold a game, the guy said managers can pull games from the shelf if there's multiple copies.
It felt really random though, he didn't really check if they were popular games, he just sort of assumed. :lol:

Bah, only Spiderman 3 Wii and GRAW2 360. Not even worth trading in (~10 profit for trade-in isn't really worth it, imo). :bomb:

Say, these are the notable games I CAN get at my Rogers:

PS2
----
MoH: Vanguard
Burnout Dominator
Okami
Kingdom Hearts (1st one)
FFVII Dirge of Cerebus

GC
---
RE4

Anyone interested?

I was just at the RV on No. 2 Rd. in Richmond. Nothing great for Xbox 360, but they have a large selection of PS2 titles, including Final Fantasy 12. They also had 2 Nintendo Wii left in stock. I got the 3rd but I had to get 2 accessories and/or games.

anyone here interested in swapping their finds?
seems like ppl keep running into stuff that they don't need or want, so if we could all pool together and swap finds with each other, things would be perfect :D

i'm in the GVR area...it seems like some of the stores that are farther out have better stock (eg. Surrey, Coquitlam, Burnaby), whereas there are zilch finds in the Vancouver and Richmond locations

im gonna check out the Kingsway, willingdon one at like 10 30, try the double availablity thing out, ill report back with whats left after

I tried asking the employees about that multiple copies thing, and one of them said that the manager can approve of it but only in rare instances, and it wouldn't likely happen since they don't have many copies of Wii games (I only asked about Wii).

[quote name='dreamybear']anyone here interested in swapping their finds?
seems like ppl keep running into stuff that they don't need or want, so if we could all pool together and swap finds with each other, things would be perfect :D

i'm in the GVR area...it seems like some of the stores that are farther out have better stock (eg. Surrey, Coquitlam, Burnaby), whereas there are zilch finds in the Vancouver and Richmond locations[/quote]

Lol well I'm looking for CoD3 and Lost Planet. I've found copies of Pokemon Pearl/Diamond, C&C3 for Xb360, and Super paper mario for Wii...all of which I didnt buy cause I wasnt interested. Also found some PS2 games, PS3, etc. but I didnt really look at them. So ya...other games there as well, so if anyone has CoD3 and Lost Planet I'd trade you for 2 other games (Just list what you want and I'll look lol)

[quote name='idontknow69']im gonna check out the Kingsway, willingdon one at like 10 30, try the double availablity thing out, ill report back with whats left after[/quote]

They didn't have much there anyway. I was there yesterday =(

[quote name='Spades22']Lol well I'm looking for CoD3 and Lost Planet. I've found copies of Pokemon Pearl/Diamond, C&C3 for Xb360, and Super paper mario for Wii...all of which I didnt buy cause I wasnt interested. Also found some PS2 games, PS3, etc. but I didnt really look at them. So ya...other games there as well, so if anyone has CoD3 and Lost Planet I'd trade you for 2 other games (Just list what you want and I'll look lol)[/quote]

maybe everyone who's interested can list out what they have or can get their hands on, and then list out which ones they'd like to get. that way, we could all make the best out of this deal.

If anyone can get Metal Slug Anthology for PS2 or Godfather, Shadowrun, Dead Rising, Earth Defense Force 2017, Cars, Bulletwitch, any of the Poker games, Armoured Core 4, NBA Street Homecourt, or Tony Hawk's Project 8 all for the 360, please do and let me know what your interested in and I'll definatley try to grab it for you. I'm gonna do weekly Wednesday runs until the sale ends to grab as many games that I want as possible.

what i've got:
-Zelda for the Wii. it's been resealed by Rogers, so i don't know what the disc condition is like, nor do i know whether there is a manual
-i am able to get my hands on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

i'm looking for:
-Godfather (Wii)
-Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (Wii)
-Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii)
-Trauma Center (Wii)
-Mario Kart: Double Dash (Gamecube)
-Pikmin 2 (Gamecube)

[quote name='dreamybear']maybe everyone who's interested can list out what they have or can get their hands on, and then list out which ones they'd like to get. that way, we could all make the best out of this deal.[/quote]
Good idea

What I can get:

-C&C3, GRAW2, and some more games for xb360 (these are the two which most interested me)
-Super Paper Mario, and multiple other Wii games (This is the only one which caught my interest...don't have a Wii, but only game I'd buy for it)
-FF12, and more PS2 games
- Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, other DS games

What I WANT:
Lost Planet
CoD3
maybe R6:Vegas or Gears
mmm I dunno what else lol
EDIT: Actually I might even take pokemon diamond if its in good condition xD

btw dreamy, I've seen HM:MM multiple times in my walmart bargain bin for 18$ and bought it on sale long ago too for 14$(But I traded it in for a DS in the EBG deal), so thats brand new which is basically better in my opinion than buying it used at RV. (Thats if you can find it though lol)

[quote name='Spades22']Good idea

What I can get:

-C&C3, GRAW2, and some more games for xb360 (these are the two which most interested me)
-Super Paper Mario, and multiple other Wii games (This is the only one which caught my interest...don't have a Wii, but only game I'd buy for it)
-FF12, and more PS2 games
- Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, other DS games

What I WANT:
Lost Planet
CoD3
maybe R6:Vegas or Gears
mmm I dunno what else lol

btw dreamy, I've seen HM:MM multiple times in my walmart bargain bin for 18$ and bought it on sale long ago too for 14$(But I traded it in for a DS in the EBG deal), so thats brand new which is basically better in my opinion than buying it used at RV. (Thats if you can find it though lol)[/quote]

which specific Wii games can you get your hands on?

i never see such deals at my Walmart :cry:

[quote name='dreamybear']which specific Wii games can you get your hands on?

i never see such deals at my Walmart :cry:[/quote]

mm that sucks. Anyway not sure...I'd have to phone and ask. Saw a lot there though

Which Wal-Mart are you near dreamy? I'm pretty sure the one in Capilano Mall in North Vancouver has it. If it does and you can't make it, I might be able to pick it up and do a local trade with you for Zelda or Pokemon depending on what my friends want. I have both. I work at Capilano Mall tomorrow and Saturday.

[quote name='dreamybear']i never see such deals at my Walmart :cry:[/quote]
I'm sure I saw HM:MM at the Queensborough Walmart like a week or 2 ago. They've had them cheap for a fair while. It can't hurt to troll through their bargain bins to see if you can find one ;)

[quote name='Arcturian']Nesmaster, You want raving rabbids for Wii?[/quote]

Only looking for the 360 version. Thanks though! :)

[quote name='Firestorm']Which Wal-Mart are you near dreamy? I'm pretty sure the one in Capilano Mall in North Vancouver has it. If it does and you can't make it, I might be able to pick it up and do a local trade with you for Zelda or Pokemon depending on what my friends want. I have both. I work at Capilano Mall tomorrow and Saturday.[/quote]
closest one to me is the one at Austin Road (and it's not even actually that close to me :cry:)
i haven't been there for a while, so maybe that's why i haven't seen the deal haha

the local trade sounds good. however, i'm gonna try hitting the Queensborough Landing one today (thanks ragnar14 because i'll be heading to Richmond, so i'll see if i can pick up a copy myself. i'll keep u posted.

looking to trade these

Crackdown
graw 2
saints row(no book)
maybe dead rising(might keep it, or trade it for what I really want)
zelda gamecube
red steel wii
dbz wii

Im looking for the following

super paper mario
trauma center
command and conquer 360
elebits
sonic 360 or ps3
spiderman 3 wii or ps3
ps3 games: any except untold legends, motorstorm, resistance

bread's done