[Canada] Rogers Video 2 used games for $30

imcrazy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just stopped by Rogers Video and picked up the June issue of their ePlus magazine/flyer. In the back there's a small box saying

2 for $30 Previously Played Video Game
Offer valid on the purchase of all previously played game

Apparently the offer is valid from June 5-25.

If this is true, without restrictions (there are none listed anywhere on the flyer) then this deal is SUPER HOT!

Edit : Called a Rogers, salesperson said it should on everything but told me to call back in a few days to confirm.
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448592

Since this was posted on RFD, get ready to rush out on June 5th and buy your games (since the raiding parties will arrive asap).

PS - keep an eye out for xbox live starter packs (for the original xbox, but they work for the 360). You may just be able to grab some for 10 bucks each.

I've got the following to trade...

God of War 2
Final Fantasy 12

Still looking for Red Steel mostly...Zelda Twilight Princess GCN also, if either are in good condition

[EDIT: Hey firehawk, going to Toronto permanently?]

at the Granville location (GVR):
-Baten Kaitos Origins (GC) - not in original box
-Soul Caliber (GC) - missing instruction manual
-lots of other GC games (mostly the games for younger kids..eg. Flushed Away)

Just a little tip for anyone looking for Gears of War, rent it first. The game is really small, and hardly worth owning. Even if you get it cheap, after all the trouble you'll go through trying to find it, you may find its hardly worth it.

I say this because I made the mistake of buying it once. I blew through the story mode very quickly and the online got repetitive and boring very fast. If you rent it for a week, you will probably get most of the fun that there is to be had in that game.

Heh. I didn't enjoy GoW multiplayer either. Really laggy and asshole-y people as usual. Co-op with my cousin and then my friend was a blast though. Never played it alone XD

I loved Rainbow Six: Vegas, if anyone got a copy maybe they can sell me it.

Im gona check out the Rogers Video down by New West and see what they got.

A tip to anyone who plays games they just "blow through"... like Halo 2 and Gears of War.

I find the default difficulty of "bormal" always way too easy now. The very first time you play through a shooter you should play it on a harder level. You always get more out the games that way.... longer to get through and more challenging. I forego the default difficulty always...

ends on the 25th.

Grabbed
madden 07(wii)
GRAW 2 (360)
Virtual tennis 3 (360)
star trek legacy (360)

From the clairview location in edmonton. They still had tons of ps2 stuff, including gow2 and lots of the 06 sports stuff for the 360 along with wing island for the wii.

I was at ROgers Video at Victoria and 41st. There wasn't any Xbox360 games on the shelves. I asked the guy at counter and he showed me a few not worth getting Xbox360 games, no GOW, RSV, Spiderman3 or anything good.

[quote name='magiic']If anyone can grab me a copy of EDF to trade for something else I would be forever grateful :)[/quote]

Second favorite on the 360 right now, right after Crackdown. ;)

I do believe a good deal of Roger's employees are snagging all the decent stuff, at least in the stores around here.

Someone I know works at their competition, and had a guy with a Roger's shirt come in and trade in a stack of newer 360 and Wii games.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']I do believe a good deal of Roger's employees are snagging all the decent stuff, at least in the stores around here.

Someone I know works at their competition, and had a guy with a Roger's shirt come in and trade in a stack of newer 360 and Wii games.[/quote]

someone from EB Games told me there was a couple of Rogers employees trading in lots of Wii and PS3 titles in. This was at the Kildonan Place EB games.

I was at Rogers Video at Kingsway Burnaby and the only used Xbox360 games they had were tiger wood,s bomberman, nothing good. I went there at noon, ya think by then maybe people snagged all the good games? Or maybe they don't restock games on wednesdays

[quote name='gmac']Hey Magiic

Shrek and Pirates of the Carribean :(

TIV @ BBV $36.00 & $42.00 ; )[/quote]
Im not sure the block buster here takes trades though :(

EDIT: they do take trade ins, I just hopped on my bike and booked it down to Rogers to grab them lol, got both :)

stopped by a few rogers over the past few days

what i picked up:
-Wario: Master of Disguise (DS) - resealed by Rogers
-Lost Planet (360) - no instructions, but in original game case

if anyone wants to trade me Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Wii) for any of the two, lemme know ASAP

Seems to be getting down to the dregs now, haha.

Anybody else seeing stores package a boxless game using a jewel case in a plastic shell, then using PACKING TAPE to attach the booklet to that same makeshift box?

They seem to be doing this at the Meadowood Roger's.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Seems to be getting down to the dregs now, haha.

Anybody else seeing stores package a boxless game using a jewel case in a plastic shell, then using PACKING TAPE to attach the booklet to that same makeshift box?

They seem to be doing this at the Meadowood Roger's.[/quote]

never seen that at mine

2 for $30 @ Rogers Video

Gears of War (360) Keeper
NHL 2K6 (360) Keeper

Def Jam Icon (360) Keeper
Ghost Recon 2 (360) Keeper

Lost Planet (360) Keeper
Command & Conquer 3 (360) Keeper

Spiderman 3 (360) TIV@BBV $42.00
Pirates Of The Caribbean (360) TIV@BBV $42.00

Ghost Recon 2 (360) TIV@BBV $30.00
NBA Street Homecourt (360) TIV@BBV $30.00

Armored Core 4 (360) TIV@BBV $30.00
Lost Planet (360) TIV@BBV $30.00

Spiderman 3 (Wii) TIV@BBV $36.00
TMNT (Wii) TIV@BBV $30.00

2 for $14.00 @ Rogers
Got the Trade 4 Games for Halo 3 CE @ BBV

Madden NFL 2006 (360) TIV@BBV $10.00
Rumble Roses XX (360) TIV@BBV $10.00
NBA 2K6 (360) TIV@BBV $10.00
MLB 2K6 (360) TIV@BBV $10.00

2 for $30 -$10.00 with 20 Rogers points $22.60

Sherk The Third (360) TIV@BBV $36.00
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 (360) TIV@BBV $30.00

2 for $30 -$10.00 with 20 Rogers points $22.60

Spiderman 3 (360) TIV@BBV $42.00
Pirates Of The Caribbean (360) TIV@BBV $42.00

What i got so far at BBV

XBOX 360 HD DVD King Kong Bundle $199.99
Chronicles Of Riddick HD DVD $27.99
Halo 3 CE $79.99

And still have $168.00 Credit at BBV

Pretty good score :applause:

I am willing to trade any of these games if anyone is interested...

Wii:
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
Heatseeker
Medal of Honor Vanguard

360:
GRAW2
Rayman Raving Rabbids

PS2:
God of War2
Final Fantasy XII

[quote name='chimp69']what games you looking for?[/quote]

I am looking for...
Rainbox Six Vegas (360)
EDF 2017 (360)
Scarface (Wii)
Forza 2 (360)
Guitar Hero 2 game only (ps2)
Mortal Kombat (wii)
Mario Party 8 (wii)
Shadowrun (360)

Blockbuster has the same deal, but only on games already at $19.99. All of the games I found at the 3 RV locations I went too, were at $19.99 or less at BBV. Mind you, there were no top noth titles, but lots of sports games, Kameo, TR, etc. Good games are priced higher, but it sounds it most people can't find them at RV anyway.

BTW, the eb TIV on TR, Kameo, etc are all less than $5!

~S

Most of you probably know this but if you get any games without manuals see if they'll check for it. Also ask on later visits. I asked on a whim for a Super Paper Mario manual and as such I now have a complete copy of the game instead of just case and disk :) I've done that with a few games now.

[quote name='magiic']I am looking for...
Rainbox Six Vegas (360)
EDF 2017 (360)
Scarface (Wii)
Forza 2 (360)
Guitar Hero 2 game only (ps2)
Mortal Kombat (wii)
Mario Party 8 (wii)
Shadowrun (360)[/quote]

Holy shnikes!! If any Rogers had those two that would be pretty sweet.

[quote name='TheBigBoi']Holy shnikes!! If any Rogers had those two that would be pretty sweet.[/quote]
you'd be suprised, I grabbed a copy of Super Paper Mario within a week or two of it's release at a 2 for $40 sale lol

hell I got both Pokemon Diamond & Pearl at the 2 for $30

I managed to pick up Bullet Witch, Samurai Warriors 2 Empires, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and Shrek 3 all for 360 on restocks this week. I'm happy because I didn't do very well at the beginning of the 2/30, but I've done alright on previous 2/40 deals. That puts our collection of 360 games up to an embarrassing amount of 57; and we always trade our games in (EBG or BBV) when we finish them 100%.

I would have liked to have gotten Command & Conquer, Earth Defense Force 2017, Sonic and/or anything new in the last couple weeks like Surf's Up (we need some games we can play in front of our 5 year old daughter) or Shadowrun, if anyone finds extras. I'll keep my eye out for the requests on here, would be happy to trade. I finally got set up with a profile and sig after being on here since around September.

Monica

I just picked up from one of mine:

Spiderman 3
Rayman Raving Rabbids (figures I find these two RIGHT after I trade for them... lol)
Shrek 3 x 2
Bulletwitch
MLB 2k7
Gears of War
Crackdown

Soon I'll have enough credit for a PS3! :applause::lol:

I don't know. My local rogers has DOA 4 (sticker price of 14.99) and DOA Xtreme 2 (sticker price I think 39.99). Should I pick them up? I am interested in DOA 4 (may sell/trade), but would definately sell/trade DOA Xtreme 2 for other people if interested. Let me know ASAP because I am going there TODAY.

EDIT: magiic, I assume it ends at right ON Monday.

And I am severely kicking myself on passing up a copy of GRAW 2.

Damnit.

bread's done
Back