[Canada] Rogers Video 2 used games for $30

imcrazy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just stopped by Rogers Video and picked up the June issue of their ePlus magazine/flyer. In the back there's a small box saying

2 for $30 Previously Played Video Game
Offer valid on the purchase of all previously played game

Apparently the offer is valid from June 5-25.

If this is true, without restrictions (there are none listed anywhere on the flyer) then this deal is SUPER HOT!

Edit : Called a Rogers, salesperson said it should on everything but told me to call back in a few days to confirm.
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448592

Since this was posted on RFD, get ready to rush out on June 5th and buy your games (since the raiding parties will arrive asap).

PS - keep an eye out for xbox live starter packs (for the original xbox, but they work for the 360). You may just be able to grab some for 10 bucks each.

[quote name='maigoyume']interested in DoA4 and DoAX[/quote]
I'll be keeping DOA4.

But DOA Extreme 2 is up for grabs.

To Everyone: PM me ASAP if you want/need DOA Extreme 2. Leaving in ONE hour, ELSE I won't get the DOA Extreme 2.

anyone want to trade lost planet/cod3/rainbow six vegas/newer DS games for spiderman 3 and forza 2 for xbox 360? XD' (I'd preferably trade off spiderman 3 first if you have either one of those games)

PM me fast though if possible lol

One of the employees at the store closest to me said that the deal is running on Monday, but YMMV for sure.

The next deal is B1G1 - guess they need to make some cash back :p

[quote name='Darrenmrules']One of the employees at the store closest to me said that the deal is running on Monday, but YMMV for sure.

The next deal is B1G1 - guess they need to make some cash back :p[/quote]

Buy 1 Get 1? That works for me too >_>; I just need some of those $10 games to use towards Pokemon Battle Revolution. My budget for a gift for my cousin is $30. Getting him a $60 Wii game would be cool.

I also need it for myself =D

B1G1 I'd probably pass though since I pretty much have everything I want almost... unless I found the 2 titles I want most for 40$ or less which won't happen xD

[quote name='magiic']Is it possible to return one of the 2 games or do you have to return both?[/quote]

I'm quite sure you can return just 1...they'll give you a gift card as well if you choose not to bring the receipt.

I have the receipt but MGS3:Subsistence refues to play past the opening cut scene. I just get a little disk in the top left corner with a question mark over it :(

[quote name='magiic']I have the receipt but MGS3:Subsistence refues to play past the opening cut scene. I just get a little disk in the top left corner with a question mark over it :([/quote]

If it is a defect (which it is) I'm sure Rogers has a policy where they swap out a defect disc for another copy.

If you want to return it, you should get your FULL $15 plus 14% tax, which should be around $17, as the games themselves are rung in separately at $15 each.

[quote name='magiic']I have the receipt but MGS3:Subsistence refues to play past the opening cut scene. I just get a little disk in the top left corner with a question mark over it :([/quote]

ya Rogers gives you 30 days to bring back/return/exchange games...and if you go past 30 days they even give you credit yet on a gift card usually. They're pretty lenient about returns...so if you were REALLLY cheap, you could buy used games and bring them back in 30 days after you beat them ;). (Not that I've done it...lol)

Well if they have another working copy, I'm all for that. Don't care either way. Money or exchange. What I have now is of no use to me though :( lol

I picked up

Crackdown
Call of duty 3
Forza 2
Lego Star wars

Thanks op (imcrazy) and CAG for keepin' me up to date on this insane deal. This was actually my first time at the local rogers video and was surprised by the large selection they had.

Deal seems to be dead now. I heard their BOGO deal on the radio this morning. Went by an RV yesterday and the signs were down.

BBV had some decent games for 2/30, though. PM me for location/games.

not part of the used game sale, but Rogers has Yakuza and Shadow Hearts:ftnw for $15 new, seemed like decent deals. Also the RV on 70th added a few more 360 for sale.

I checked the Rogers in Abbotsford, B.C. on Mt. Lehman and the one in Langley, B.C. at Willowbrook Mall - neither had anything good. :(

BOGO deal on at my local rogers (oak and 16th for the vancouverites)

Edit: returning tales of the abyss (29.99) and dynasty warriors 5 (xbox 29.99) to oak and 16th rogers, ToA has a TiV at EB of $8+ if you guys are interested

Took advantage of the BOGO deal today, found a Rogers with some good games.

For 80 bucks:
Spiderman 3 (360)
Shrek 3 (360)
Saints Row (360)
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (360)

I plan on playing Shrek and Spiderman first.

[quote name='maigoyume']i've heard only BAD things about spiderman 3 since it came out[/quote]

I heard that it has a 42 dollar trade in value. Sounds GOOD to me. See, I can't feel guilty about Spiderman, because essentially I'm doing people a favour :D

[quote name='Azumangaman']I heard that it has a 42 dollar trade in value. Sounds GOOD to me. See, I can't feel guilty about Spiderman, because essentially I'm doing people a favour :D[/quote]

Agree.

Let the stores get stuck with a sub-par game while giving you goodwill (price above market value).

Then, let the game sit on shelves long enough for the stores to B.B. it.

Perfect.

Yep. While I see how people can be upset with thing like Gears (and good games that I REALLY want that other people are trading in), I see no problem with literal trash like Shrek 3 and Spiderman 3.

Hmm...I never really liked DoA fighting games.

But my local Rogers has DoA 4 X360 for $14.99.

Is it possible for the game to even be that cheap? Who else has played it?

good games? no, well unless you want tales of the abyss for $30, you can also grab another $30 + under game for free since its BOGO right now

I think Im going to try and get some games for the BBV Halo 3 trade deal tommorow. Anyone know if Poker & Bomberman Act Zero work for the deal. Also how does BBV handle no manuals?

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Hmm...I never really liked DoA fighting games.

But my local Rogers has DoA 4 X360 for $14.99.

Is it possible for the game to even be that cheap? Who else has played it?[/quote]
WTF? Why the hell haven't you bought it yet? DOA4 is one of my favourite fighters and I love it to pieces. BUY IT NOW!

[quote name='Azumangaman']WTF? Why the hell haven't you bought it yet? DOA4 is one of my favourite fighters and I love it to pieces. BUY IT NOW![/quote]

Easy my friend.

I used the power of reservation. I'll pick it up today.

BOGO on all used games/DVDs at my local Rogers (Ottawa West). They never have any 360/PS3 games, but tons of last gen stuff and handhelds.

Picked up God of War 2 and Tales of the Abyss (PS2) for $30

[quote name='magiic']I think Im going to try and get some games for the BBV Halo 3 trade deal tommorow. [/quote]

Is BBV still doing the Halo 3 trade deal? I thought it was over.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Easy my friend.

I used the power of reservation. I'll pick it up today.[/quote]

Hahaha, no worries, I just needed to make sure you were going to buy the awesomeosity that is DOA4 :D

[quote name='CaptNink']Is BBV still doing the Halo 3 trade deal? I thought it was over.[/quote]
Im pretty sure it's still going can anyone confirm?

EDIT: does anyone know the TIV of Guitar Hero II for the 360 w/o the guitar?

[quote name='magiic']Im pretty sure it's still going can anyone confirm?

EDIT: does anyone know the TIV of Guitar Hero II for the 360 w/o the guitar?[/quote]
Gets you 37 at EB

[quote name='magiic']What about at BlockBuster, I am never setting foot in an EB again.[/quote]

Why do you hate EB so much?
They are actually my favorite store.
I got a wii from them on llaunch day. Only waited in line for 1.5 hours. The employees at my store are super nice too.

[quote name='gamer602']Why do you hate EB so much?
They are actually my favorite store.
I got a wii from them on llaunch day. Only waited in line for 1.5 hours. The employees at my store are super nice too.[/quote]
Manager and employee flat out lied to me over the phone and to my face. They cancelled me wii pre-order which ties in with the lying to me. I went in cancelled all $600 (on top of the Wii) worth of pre-orders on games and accessories and havent set foot in one since November. As such I will never spend another dime at EB Games, nor will I give them a single one of my games.

bread's done
Back