[Canada] Rogers Video - 2for40$ on PPlayedGames (inc. PS3,Wii,x360)

[quote name='jonkaho']you beat Firestorm to post this! :lol:[/quote]

This is true, I was just about to post this >.>; YMMV for now because some stores haven't got the message yet. Once they know it should be fine, but people will grab 'em quick! I'm heading out now to see if I can get Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War.

Im on the phone with my rogers video right now

Rogers Video in Langford (Victoria) doesn't seem to think they are participating :( that sucks

I might be going up to Vancouver this weekend, can somone give me a suggestion for a store close to Highway 1 or Oak street. I wanna poach the cross border deals.

[quote name='NWgamer666']I might be going up to Vancouver this weekend, can somone give me a suggestion for a store close to Highway 1 or Oak street. I wanna poach the cross border deals.[/quote]

Checking the Store Locator at www.rogersvideo.com would be your best bet. If anyone sees Gears of War and Call of Duty 3, tell me please =) Yes, they are in stores. Some people have picked up those games at 2 for $40. Zelda as well.

Picked up DOA4, DOAX2, F.E.A.R, GRAW, SC Double Agent, and Scarface.

...and Condemned, but that was priced down to 19.99 anyways. No Gears, COD3, or Zeldas at mine. Passed on RAW 360 and Superman. Gotta see if I can get anymore tomorrow.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='X-Factor']Doesn't Rogers write on their game disks with markers?[/quote]

Yeah I was curious about this as well? I have heard that rogers PPG's are usually sealed so you can't see the quality of the disc and have a silver ring around them that leaves a large residue if you try to peel it off. Can anyone confirm this?

all my games from yesterday had rings and writing, come off very easily.

I used soapy water for the rings, and rubbing alcohol for the writing. Bang boom done, no big deal and no one is the wiser :)

I picked up FFXII and Kingdom Hearts 2 for $40 yesterday at the Dundas location in Etobicoke. Great deal, only problem is KH2 didn't come with the manual and those stupid stickers they put on the games and manuals are annoying to get off but I'll try the methods you guys used.

Even though most of the people at my Rogers and or EB Games are assholes, there are plenty of games at my Rogers (1-2 copies of FFXII, 1 COPY of ZELDA-wii, might be sold out however) so I bought the 2. Both were complete without markings or anything.

Traded them in at EB Games for 83 dollars, but they said they never gave 10% extra trade in credit...so I couldn't get that :(

Odd.

I talked to my local RV in Stratford, Ontario and they said that the sale would be on the week after Sunday Feb 4th.

Anyone else encounter a similar situation?

Ok here is a rundown from my experience:

This deal is happening at any rogers in the Winnipeg area (went to 2 of them, both confirmed).

There were tons of copies of FFXII at the Regent Ave. RV (I myself bought 3 :p). I also Got FEAR and Splinter Cell Double Agent for the 360 and Double Agent for the xbox (superior version of the 2). I kept DA for xbox and traded in all the rest.

Some quotes on trade-ins from the following places:
BBV
Saints Row (x360) = $30
SC Double Agent (x360) = $30
FEAR (X360) = $30
FF XII = $25
The Godfather (x360)= $15

EB Games
FF XII (PS2) = $38
FEAR (x360) = $25
SC Double Agent (x360) = $5
Traded in all 3 FF XII's at EB, and Double Agent and FEAR at Blockbuster.

As for the credit policies of both stores (for those who were wondering), they will place the credit on a gift card that can be used at locations throughout Canada (if you have nothing to trade it with at the time).

PS - one of the employees at Rogers video told me that they put more previously played games on the shelf every wednesday. So if you are hoping for a Zelda TP or GoW to show up I suggest phoning every wednesday night, until this promotion is over.

As for sticker removel I use this wonderful invention (got it from Canadian Tire): http://www.wd40.com/Brands/wd40_no_mess_pen.cfm

Thanks for the info. And come on guys, leave some FFXIIs, GoWs, etc. for people who wanna play the game >_> Although this Saint's Row and Fear info is interesting. The Rogers I know of are FILLED with these games and nobody seems to want them. I might just trade them into BBV and get Trauma Center or something. $40 is good price for it =)

Do you know how much EB will give for Saint's Row?

Damn straight. Were there any good PSP titles that you found there as well?

On an unrelated note, is this a good deal for an excellent condition PSP (which my friend is selling me):

- One PSP unit
- Headphones w/remote
- MLB 06
- Some Poker game
- The Hitcher UMD movie
- Carrying case
- Plastic protective cover

for about $190 CND?

Considering a PSP is $230, it's not that bad I guess. The game/movies look like crap >_>

I didn't look too hard at the PSP titles at the stores I've been at. What area are you in?

[quote name='Firestorm']Considering a PSP is $230, it's not that bad I guess. The game/movies look like crap >_>

I didn't look too hard at the PSP titles at the stores I've been at. What area are you in?[/quote]

Yeah I know, I would probably trade all 3 in for one kick ass game or something (NOT at Ebgames of course).

As for the PSP titles, I mistakenly thought that you were from around Toronto and not Winnipeg. My bad.

The PSP deal seems okay to me. I'll buy it.

[quote name='Firestorm']Do you know how much EB will give for Saint's Row?[/quote]
No didn't ask about it, but I imagine you wouldn't get anymore than 25 at eb games (25 is being generous for eb games standards).

There were still 3 - 4 FFXIIs there after my pilfering.

Damn straight. Were there any good PSP titles that you found there as well?
Ya one of the Rogers videos had a ton of psp games (one on Mcleod for those in Winterpeg). Saw Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2 in there (would of gone for it if I didn't already own them both).

As for the psp for $190 bit, thats pretty decent (especially considering you won't be paying taxes on that). Just make sure your friend has not upgraded the psp to the latest firmware otherwise you won't be able to use homebrew (and the PS1 emulator!).

[quote name='imcrazy']
As for the psp for $190 bit, thats pretty decent (especially considering you won't be paying taxes on that). Just make sure your friend has not upgraded the psp to the latest firmware otherwise you won't be able to use homebrew (and the PS1 emulator!).[/quote]

Will do, thanks for the tip. How do I determine though, that it hasn't actually been updated to the latest firmware?

[quote name='magiic']does this run for the month?[/quote]
Until March 8th. So keep going back on Wednesdays until then. Hope RFD lurkers don't catch wind of the BBV trade in values soon or they'll scalp everything before we even get a chance to look at it. They've got some big hoarders lurking there =/ Regular posters there are fine though.

Ya, its really uncool to get multiple copies of something (especially when its popular) because you should leave some for others. 1 in my mind is an AWESOME thing to do, because you aren't hurting anybody. But three, then trading them all in?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Ya, its really uncool to get multiple copies of something (especially when its popular) because you should leave some for others. 1 in my mind is an AWESOME thing to do, because you aren't hurting anybody. But three, then trading them all in?[/quote]
Guess you didn't see how many copies of FFXII had been sitting there.

Will do, thanks for the tip. How do I determine though, that it hasn't actually been updated to the latest firmware?
System settings --> System info, where it says "System Software" make sure its 2.80 or less (there is a downgrade from 3.03, but you need an older copy of GTA LCS in order to use it).

[quote name='imcrazy']Guess you didn't see how many copies of FFXII had been sitting there.
[/quote]

I didn't exactly mean YOU, I just meant three copies of something in general is not something I smile upon. But heck, if there were plenty of them left...

FireStorm or anyone, ya know any RogersVideo that would have DOAX2 and FEAR. The closest Rogers Video here in east vancouver is the one by LondonDrugs on Victoria and 41st.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']FireStorm or anyone, ya know any RogersVideo that would have DOAX2 and FEAR. The closest Rogers Video here in east vancouver is the one by LondonDrugs on Victoria and 41st.[/quote]

I'll check Victoria and 41st for you again. I live basically beside it and can check on my way to school. I don't remember if I saw either there. I'll check on either Monday, Tuesday, or definitely Wednesday. I got FEAR confused with Prey though >_>; If I see it at the one at Surrey Central along with another game I want, I can sell either to you for $23 (due to tax) if you're willing to meet up at Victoria & 41st.

thanks firestorm, apreciate it. I wanted DOAX2 for a long time but didn't want to spend $69.99. I played the FEAR demo and it was pretty good.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']thanks firestorm, apreciate it. I wanted DOAX2 for a long time but didn't want to spend $69.99. I played the FEAR demo and it was pretty good.[/quote]

I found FEAR at my Rogers, they only had one copy and I bought it though.

Went to another Rogers and Picked up Superman and Lego Star Wars 2 (both 360), still no Wii or PS3 games in sight, but that's fine. Now all I need to find is Dead Rising and Marvel UA :p

[quote name='magiic']I'm so psyched for Wednesday :D they restock in evening or morning? Should I zip by afterschool?[/quote]
I'm guessing throughout the day when its not so busy. Thats why I suggested checking with them in the evening.

between friday and sunday, i think i've visited most, if not ALL the rogers stores between Yonge, hwy 16, Markham rd, and the lakeshore.

I was looking for 360 games, and didn't find anything good. no Wii or ps3 games either. i managed to pick up Saints Row and Dead or Alive 4. Saw Viva Pinyata, but no other good game to couple it. Saw Splinter cell, and then there's the usual: Amped, quake 4, tony hawk, gun, etc. la-dee-da..

I guess i'll check out some locations wed nite :D sweeet..

[quote name='Firestorm']Do you know how much EB will give for Saint's Row?[/quote]
$28, i called them on Sat. goto Blockbuster, they'll give you $30 :p

====
Kizagjo

Yeah, they restock every Wednesday. Hell, even tell them to reserve a few X360 copies for purchase. After all, you should be as cheap as you can be.

Here’s a list of games, most in the deal and their worth (some may also be found in previous posts).
2/05/07.

btw, the 1st # for each game is EB and the 2nd is BB.

(XBOX UNLESS NOTED)
Game EB Blockbuster
American Chopper 7 8
King Kong(360) 6 10
Oddworld:Stranger 6 8
Marc ECKO's GU 3 6
KOF:NEOWAVE 1(?) 6
Samurai Showdown V 6 8
Serious Sam 2 7 8
Warriors 11 8
TMNT:MUTANT MELEE 3 6
Scrapland 2 8
Tecmo Collection 8 6
chicken little 9 15(!)
Psychonauts (ps2) 8 8
Mario Party 4(GC) 12
Mario Party 5(GC) 19
Blazing Angels (360) 6
Hitman: Blood Money (360) 8
The Outfit (360) 13
X3: The Last Stand (360) 10
FFXII 38
COD 3 (ps2) 33
Rayman RR (ps2) 13
Dragon’s Quest 8 9
Valkrie Profile 2 21
Thrillville (ps2) 17
Suikoden IV 9
Phantasy Star Universe (ps2) 16
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Ps2) ?
Scarface (ps2) 30
SC: Double Agent (ps2) 25(?)

Haven’t gotten around to doing the 2nd half of the list for BB yet. Oh, and ? means Im unsure or dont know. Happy hunting.

[quote name='kizagjo']between friday and sunday, i think i've visited most, if not ALL the rogers stores between Yonge, hwy 16, Markham rd, and the lakeshore.

I was looking for 360 games, and didn't find anything good. no Wii or ps3 games either. i managed to pick up Saints Row and Dead or Alive 4. Saw Viva Pinyata, but no other good game to couple it. Saw Splinter cell, and then there's the usual: Amped, quake 4, tony hawk, gun, etc. la-dee-da..

I guess i'll check out some locations wed nite :D sweeet..

$28, i called them on Sat. goto Blockbuster, they'll give you $30 :p

====
Kizagjo[/quote]

Was just in ebgames and blockbuster today. They are giving $22 for saints row at ebgames and $15 for Superman for 360. At Blockbuster got #30 a piece for each and got both games at rogers for $40. Went and took a 15 gift card i already had for blockbuster and just preordered crackdown for $70

Damn.

Today I picked up FFXII and COD for the PS2. The games are used, but they came sealed in a wrapper. When I go to trade the games over at EB, should I keep the wrapper or remove it? If I go with either way, will it have an effect on the credit amount I will get?

will the labels from rogers affecting the reading of the disc becuase i heard that some labled disk may stop some consoles from reading games....

[quote name='rs2mastermind']will the labels from rogers affecting the reading of the disc becuase i heard that some labled disk may stop some consoles from reading games....[/quote]

No....

If the marker is on the picture (lable) side of the disc, you are okay.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Damn.

Today I picked up FFXII and COD for the PS2. The games are used, but they came sealed in a wrapper. When I go to trade the games over at EB, should I keep the wrapper or remove it? If I go with either way, will it have an effect on the credit amount I will get?[/quote]

Might as well take them off I think. That way no questions asked by EB, they'll be opening it anyway to check everything's inside.

bread's done
Back