[Canada] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 now at Amazon.ca

[quote name='Nukkus']and of course it doesn't come with the dang plushie ;_;[/quote]

What are you basing this on? In one of the pictures on amazon they have a picture of the plushie...

[quote name='Nukkus']and of course it doesn't come with the dang plushie ;_;[/quote]

What, really? I might have to cancel my order, then... I thought that all of the launch copies came with the plushie...

Did you check your email?

[quote name='Atlus newsletter']Now, you can pre-order SMT: Devil Summoner 2 at Amazon.com and Amazon.ca! More importantly, EACH and EVERY copy of the game's launch run is a special, super-limited bundle with the game AND an ultra-rare Raiho collectible for just $39.99. Read on.[/quote]

preorder is here guys and not eb where they will prolly charge you 49.99. it your order on amazon you get free shipping and most likely the price will drop to 35.99. but thats isnt a guarantee since this seems to be limited.

I just preorder mine since it will be the same as US price. EBgames will surely charge $49.99. I'm pretty sure this will come with plushies because I did preorder Persona 4 and Amazon did ship with bonus artbook.

Guys, Atlus mods/employees (as well as the recent Atlus faithful newsletter) have confirmed that EACH and EVERY single copy of the game comes with the plush. As long as you preorder, you're good, no need to worry.

That said yeah, go AMAZON.CA for this game!! Don't risk it with EB!!! (not to mention save 10$...)

Just put my order in (actually it's probably been a while now). Quick question because it's late and I've been thinking too hard about this.

My email notification says:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Details: (orders will arrive in 2 shipments) [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Preference:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ship when entire order is ready[/SIZE][/FONT]

I [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]picked the option to have the two items shipped in as few shipments as possible or whatever it was, so what's up with that shipping details statement? The game and book filler item are still going to be shipped together whenever the game is released, right? And not in two separate shipments...

Thanks for any help you can provide.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I think since the game is so far away, they will ship both separately at no extra charge. you might not be able to break up your order however. if you have a minute, call them to be sure. they usually are very quick to pick up the phone.

I am interested in ordering this, but Ive never played the other game in this series. So is that series totally independant a la Final Fantasy or should I get one of the previous one and if yes which one should I get first.

Btw I got Persona 3 : FES during boxing day from Amazon.ca but didnt have time to play it yet. Is it a bit similar?

Thanks.

Just placed my order for that $2 Franz Kafka book I always wanted; and for good measure I threw in Raidou as well just so I get free shipping. :p

[quote name='intruder_xo']I am interested in ordering this, but Ive never played the other game in this series. So is that series totally independant a la Final Fantasy or should I get one of the previous one and if yes which one should I get first.

Btw I got Persona 3 : FES during boxing day from Amazon.ca but didnt have time to play it yet. Is it a bit similar?

Thanks.[/quote]
This is a direct sequel to the first Raidou game; in fact, both games feature the same protagonist. And good luck trying to find the first game for cheap, tho I don't think it's necessary to play thru the first game to enjoy the second.

Persona 3 and 4 however are completely separate story-wise but Persona 4 is the follow-up, thus improved over 3/FES gameplay-wise.

@poiuiu

Thanks for the info, I also read some stuff yesterday like review and check some gameplay. Look interesting, so I think I should like this game ;-).

Yah my luck for finding it, havent been good yet. I check 2 local EBGames and nothing (none of the Shin Megami Tensei series in the used, beside Persona 3). Also went to another independant game shop and no luck either. I see though that from EBGames and GameStop in the US they have it for $9 new or 8.99$ used, but cant order online it just available in store 8-(.

When you pre-order from amazon.ca... do they charge your order right away? Or do they only charge after they have shipped the item(s)? Thanks ahead of time!

[quote name='Nukkus']]and of course it doesn't come with the dang plushie ;_;[/quote]

Amazon updated their site! It now says:

[quote name='Amazon.ca']
Pre-order Bonus with "Devil Summoner 2"

Pre-order "Devil Summoner 2" and get a special, super-limited bundle with the game, and a rare Raiho collectible. Offer good while supplies last. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.ca to be eligible. [/quote]

Yayyy! :D

I'm grabbing a preorder at EB Games for this game, so every copy is guaranteed a plushie right? I've heard stories of EB employees ripping off order bonuses.

^ You heard correct.

>_> P4 artbook

There's even a thread on the Atlus forums in which a mod/employee just spelled it out...if you get in on launch day, you're getting the plush. Think like the gold OoT carts: the first shipment was all in gold, then after that it came in grey. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.ca

Pre-order Bonus with "Devil Summoner 2"

Pre-order "Devil Summoner 2" and get a special, super-limited bundle with the game, and a rare Raiho collectible. Offer good while supplies last. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.ca to be eligible.

One things that intrigue me is they say "get a special, super-limited with the game," AND "and a rare Raiho collectible.".

The way they wrote that, sound like we got more than the plushie, is there something else in that bundle? The used of the AND as to mean they are item A and then item B.

Hmmmm

I know, that's weird. I'm guessing it's their awkward way to say that the bundle has both the game and the plush, whereas future non-bundles will only have the game.

On second thought, it's not that weird at all, makes perfect sense. However I can see "Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.ca to be eligible." giving EB Games customers a bit of a scare. But it clearly means that when other resellers (aka marketplace) put up their copies on amazon.ca, there's no guarantee that they'll have the bonus. They're just covering their ass.

Japan received another version of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, in which Raidou replaced Dante as a playable character for an extra. If we're really lucky.. that could be a possible bonus. I would not hold my breath on it... but never say never..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm. I never noticed that until you pointed it out it... I too thought that it was just the plush was in the bundle... But it's 4 months too early to know anything's for sure. Let's cross our fingers and hope we get something cool!

Bumping this because the game is finally released and I haven't gotten a confirmation for shipping yet.

So, for anyone who ordered this, shipped or no?

quick question, i ordered this with a 99 cent dvd, and used the coupon back then. I have received the dvd (amazon split the shipment) will i still get an email once the product is shipped? I forgot which account I used to purchase this game lol

Yeah you'll get an email as each item from a order ships. Assuming you know what email box to check.

BTW, going from past Amazon preorders I assume we aren't going to get our games till June at the very earliest. Which I'm fine with, as long as I do get it.

Because they probably realized their previous prices were way too good. Seriously, they were pretty damn awesome. 50$ though, the game MAY be worth it but true CAGs will not pay that much.

They just finally changed the price to reflect the exchange. The game is $40USD after all. With a real exchange rate that'd put it around $47CAD.

Really if you're going to pre-order something from Amazon you should do it as early as possible. Unlike EB you're guaranteed to get the cheapest price that they list it for, so if the price drops (at any point) you're good, if it raises you're still good. Plus it's not as if you're pre-paying, they only bill when it ships.

Not to rub it in, but you really really shoulda grabbed this when it was $40, as you could still use the $10 off coupon then ^_^; Most of us are getting it for $30, so $50 is pretty brutal :(

[quote name='ragnar14']They just finally changed the price to reflect the exchange. The game is $40USD after all. With a real exchange rate that'd put it around $47CAD.

Really if you're going to pre-order something from Amazon you should do it as early as possible. Unlike EB you're guaranteed to get the cheapest price that they list it for, so if the price drops (at any point) you're good, if it raises you're still good. Plus it's not as if you're pre-paying, they only bill when it ships.

Not to rub it in, but you really really shoulda grabbed this when it was $40, as you could still use the $10 off coupon then ^_^; Most of us are getting it for $30, so $50 is pretty brutal :([/QUOTE]

Darn...the 10$ off coupon. so true...my god, I'll learn from that. Thanks.
I dont think Ill throw the 50 bucks at this point. Sadly...

If anything, just before the game was jacked up to 50 bucks, there was a moment where the game was 37.99 (well after the end of the coupon), so anyone who ordered the game before this price drop should have their order changed to reflect this amount.

I pre-ordered when the $10 coupon was still valid. It's original price was $39.99. I ordered Romeo and Juliet with it(a total of $.0.91) to get the free shipping and $10 off. It later dropped to $35.99 for it's cheapest value. Since Amazon matches the cheapest amount when the price changes after you've ordered.. I now get it for $35.99 with $10 off from the coupon, for a total of $29.68 (tax included and free shipping). My shipping estimate is May 15th and the status is the same as RavenousBear's.

I really do hope that the $10 coupon will make a return someday.. :bouncy:

[quote name='dragon_quarter']I pre-ordered when the $10 coupon was still valid. It's original price was $39.99. I ordered Romeo and Juliet with it(a total of $.0.91) to get the free shipping and $10 off. It later dropped to $35.99 for it's cheapest value. Since Amazon matches the cheapest amount when the price changes after you've ordered.. I now get it for $35.99 with $10 off from the coupon, for a total of $29.68 (tax included and free shipping). My shipping estimate is May 15th and the status is the same as RavenousBear's.

I really do hope that the $10 coupon will make a return someday.. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I didn't even notice until you mentioned it, but my order did the same thing. Sweet!

I got my email from Amazon saying it shipped. Hurray! I remember ordering this with Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: The Miles Edgeworth Files manga (got it a while ago). I was surprised to see I was only charged $32.05 for DS2, I didn't even know the price had dropped to $35 at one point! :applause:

I hope the $10 off coupon comes back someday, too....:cry:

I just picked one up at EB Games today- with the collectors box and plush figure.. 49.99. But I used some unused credit, so no tax on it.

It was the only one they received of it too..

Just got mine in, but it's stupid that Canada Post left it right at the door of my apartment. Ah well, could be worse. I got 11,444 btw.

My game came today too. I don't have time to play it (exams + 63 game backlog = do not mix), so I'm glad I get to look at the pretty box for a long time. It's going to be such a shame when I have to open it.

And man do I get distracted by those sealed-air inflatable packaging things. xD

Just got my copy (#32480) today as well. Given the size of the box I thought they wouldn't just leave it hanging from the mailbox and would send it to the local CanadaPost office. I'll count myself lucky someone was home to pick it up or else it could have easily been snagged. Especially since the mailbox is half a kilometre away from the house.

Now I suppose it's time to put this on the shelf and go play with those air pockets.

got mine today as well from amazon & bought one at EB w/my leftover credit that i had lying around.

do you think this game's gonna magically skyrocket like the first game has been doing?

(oh yeah, i have numbers 23160 & 32136)

Saw mine sitting in front of my house today (#35528) and was really glad I got home when I did. I'm amazed they just left it sitting in front of my house like that, usually I order smaller things that are left in-between the screen door and the front door, so they're obstructed and it's no big deal. Maybe I'll make sure I don't leave the house tomorrow so I can get my next order as soon as it arrives.

bread's done
Back