[Canada] Superstore: Beyond Good & Evil (PS2) - $9.88

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Part of their value games area. I saw a lot of them at Metrotown so I assume others might be the same? Been out of print for quite some time, but I think Ubisoft made more of them. Amazing game. PS2 isn't the best version, but beggers can't be choosers! Also a similar price on PC (Steam or that cheese deal).

I've been seeing them everywhere (the PS2 version only), I'm pretty sure it was reprinted as a greatest hits title.

Toys R' Us has it for $9.99
Zellers has it for $9.99
EB Games has it for $14.99

My Superstore also has like 20 copies of Dragon Quest VIII for $9.89.

I'd think that anyone who wanted it would have gotten the cheese version.
I guess this helps the lactose intolerant, though.

Yeah, this was reprinted back in November or December for that price; or in the least it was 10 bucks in the US. Unfortunately, this is also the version that has the game breaking bug (door won't open when triggered).

[quote name='poiuiu']Yeah, this was reprinted back in November or December for that price; or in the least it was 10 bucks in the US. Unfortunately, this is also the version that has the game breaking bug (door won't open when triggered).[/quote]

do go on, im about to buy this ps2, Greatest hits version.

this bug will not let you go on with the game?

Gamefaqs should have the full details about it. Do a google search for game title and glitch to find out.

Fortunately, it seems like you can prevent it even if it happens if you load a previous save file and purposely avoid it.

The GC version is pretty rare... if you really want to play it try the other versions.

I'm not sure on the rarity of the XBOX version either.

I have played all the way through the PS2 version and haven't encountered any bugs, if that helps at all. I've only had minor problems with the frame rate.

[quote name='Nukkus']the best version is the pc version.[/quote]Nope.
GCN = Xbox > PC > PS2 last I heard.
GCN was the lead SKU iirc.

[quote name='Firestorm']Nope.
GCN = Xbox > PC > PS2 last I heard.
GCN was the lead SKU iirc.[/quote]

GCN might not be the best version - it plays extremely well, but the soundtrack is (apparently) more limited than other versions. Not a big deal... but some of the songs and sound effects are really impressive in this game, so only getting short loops instead of full songs is disappointing.

That said, you should still be able to download the entire soundtrack for free online if you look around.

I'm pretty sure the GC version doesn't have progressive scan, PS2 and Xbox versions do. Great game I loved the photography elements to it. It also has a great story.

Nope firestorm pc version is currently the best. They fixed the early issues it had with a patch and it looks better now as a result(even with low resolution). Buy this gem so ubi will keep working on the sequel. There is footage(it's not known if it's pre-rendered or not) that was leaked showing jade running through a small town scaling walls like an escape scene in an action movie and it's phenomonal. It looks better than Mirror's edge's Parkour and puts EA's Parkour attempt to shame. The animation looks way beyond what we have seen in gaming so far as well. It seems almost like real life. I'll find a link and post it.
http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6R6EN-soJ0

Nope firestorm pc version is currently the best. They fixed the early issues it had with a patch and it looks better now as a result(even with low resolution). Buy this gem so ubi will keep working on the sequel. There is footage(it's not known if it's pre-rendered or not) that was leaked showing jade running through a small town scaling walls like an escape scene in an action movie and it's phenomonal. It looks better than Mirror's edge's Parkour and puts EA's Parkour attempt to shame. The animation looks way beyond what we have seen in gaming so far as well. It seems almost like real life. I'll find a link and post it

bread's done
Back