[Canada] Superstore: No Tax Event on Friday and Saturday

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']They sell PSP's, right? Hopefully I can find a base slim 2000 for $169.99 or thereabouts...[/quote]

i seen something in superstore the other day that said they do price matching for electronics so bring a ad if you need to

wooohooo looks like its time to go down to the superstore to get me a lot of groceries lol. but in all seriousness i might pick up a ds game there if they have a decent selection. any suggestions?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']They sell PSP's, right? Hopefully I can find a base slim 2000 for $169.99 or thereabouts...[/QUOTE]

It's in the flyer for RCSS starting Friday buy a core PSP $169.99 get a bonus PSP greatest hits game for free. You need the coupon that's in the flyer.

[quote name='glowhax']my friend at SS told me it's happening in the west as well[/quote]
Maybe I should wait to buy my grocercies then :/

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It's in the flyer for RCSS starting Friday buy a core PSP $169.99 get a bonus PSP greatest hits game for free. You need the coupon that's in the flyer.[/quote]

Crap, I don't think we get the flyer at home. I hope they have it in store.

[quote name='kashwashwa']do any of you actually buy groceries? They're never taxed... (in Manitoba at least)[/quote]

What a wonderful fairyland you live in. Something not getting taxed in Ontario... Hah! :bomb:

[quote name='kashwashwa']do any of you actually buy groceries? They're never taxed... (in Manitoba at least)[/quote]
No I know but some stuff like junk food is taxed so I usually buy it there when this is on.

Do you guys think it's worth getting a PS3 now at the Superstore or wait for the imminent price drop? Right now, with no tax, it's straight up $400. If there's a $50 price drop this summer, the total I will pay + tax will reach $395(a meager $5 cheaper). What do you guys think? Should I go for the PS3 right now?

I think it depends if you are eager to play right now.
Do you have other stuff you can do at the moment?
If yes, maybe you can hold off on buying it.
If not, then sure?
haha just my opinion.

I would get 8 $8 games and Trade them to EB..

199 PS3, here I come!!!1

I have games that work if anyone want to buy em...already have a PS3...

I want to play some Burnout bad + some Street Fighter 4 and the upcoming Blazblue and KOFXII. The reasons that make me want to hold off on the purchase are:
- It's summer soon, my gaming goes down during this period
- Secretly hoping for a $100 price drop which is unlikely to happen
- I'm still lurking for a better PS3 bundle deal at $399

Alternatively, since it IS the summer, promotions are usually better since companies are competing with the great outdoors. It really depends on what you want NOW. I always try to hold out as long as humanly possible before buying a new console, that way if the price drops I can re-assure myself I couldn't wait any longer :)

[quote name='Mana Thirst']Do you guys think it's worth getting a PS3 now at the Superstore or wait for the imminent price drop? Right now, with no tax, it's straight up $400. If there's a $50 price drop this summer, the total I will pay + tax will reach $395(a meager $5 cheaper). What do you guys think? Should I go for the PS3 right now?[/quote]I'd just go for it if there's a game you're interested in (like the MGS4 deal at Wal-Mart).

[quote name='Mana Thirst']Do you guys think it's worth getting a PS3 now at the Superstore or wait for the imminent price drop? Right now, with no tax, it's straight up $400. If there's a $50 price drop this summer, the total I will pay + tax will reach $395(a meager $5 cheaper). What do you guys think? Should I go for the PS3 right now?[/quote]

If it goes down it'll probably still only be $50. I'm guessing the no tax deal is probably better, plus you can get tax-free peripherals and games at the same time, right?

^I don't think they have them is Quebec. They're hypermarkets, a la those big Wal-Marts that sell a full line of food (produce, dairy, meats, the like) and clothes, electronics and other random stuff.

Thank you very much Firestorm.
picture.php

I made my own $52 price drop :)
There was a surprising amount of consoles left at 5PM at the store. I got there at 4PM. Grabbed it then when grocery shopping for an hour, then paid for it with my PC Points.

I'd take a picture of the PSP core and 4 gig MS I bought my wife, but it would pale in comparison. :cool: Nice buy, Zelda, and thanks, Firestorm.

One bummer with buying the PSP was that although they had plenty of flyers with the coupons for the bonus PSP games, there were no copies of any of the games in Brampton. The lady behind the counter said that they received an email that morning stating there were few copies of those games floating around any of their stores.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Thank you very much Firestorm.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5272&pictureid=6386
There was a surprising amount of consoles left at 5PM at the store. I got there at 4PM. Grabbed it then when grocery shopping for an hour, then paid for it with my PC Points.[/quote]Did you already have Motorstorm and MGS4? =o And join the club. I bought a PS3 pretty much for MGS4 XD

I'm jealous of those people with all three consoles. I've had the Wii60, the PS360 and the PSWii but not all three at once. Later today, I plan to have the PS3/DS Lite combo.

Sadly, the 360 controller gave me an arthritic right finger so I can't own that console at the moment; maybe I'll get it near the end of its run. I might buy a 3rd Wii sometime during the summer.

So which Superstore did you go to, Zelda? Richmond Road, Innes Road or Kanata?

I got the last Wii Fit at Marine Drive Superstore for a friend since I already got mine when it was $89.99 pricepoint

I'm very happy. It's been a long wait and quite a journey to get all three. Short version of the story is the Wii I bought on launch but I'm on my fourth one due to various hardware problems. Oddly enough the 360 has been problem free my husband won it for me at work at Christmas time 2007 after I had a horrible day trying to buy an arcade unit on sale at RCSS, it included my Son suddenly not feeling well and throwing up in my car. PS3 has been a bit easier saving up PC points and waiting to get the husbands okay to use them and buy another console that plays games but you have too many games now :p (something I'm sure you've al heard).
I had MGS4 from EB's sale last week but bought Motorstorm last night at independent in Stittsville $20 (at that store ONLY).
I bought the system at the Kanata RCSS. I'm pretty impressed with the system. This is my first time playing with it away from demo kiosks. The only thing Sony really has to fix is their download times. I was prepared that this was going to take a while but 2 hours of progress screens to get System updated, MGS4 loaded and Motorstorm updated is too much.

The system FW is updateable by downloading to PC and copying to USB, MS, etc. That might you some time if your PS3 connection is slow.

Thanks for posting ... I was able to pick up a copy of "UEFA Champions League 2006-2007" (360) for $4.94, no tax. Not a big find, but I'm happy.

They also had a copy of "Hellboy: Science of Evil" for $9.99, but I passed on it. It wasn't a bad selection of games in the clearance bin, but very heavily weighted towards the sports genre.

Ah, I should have gone in yesterday. The clearance bin seemed to have some fresh old stuff in it. I just picked out Radiata Stories and Fullmetal Alchemist 2 for $10 each.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Thank you very much Firestorm.
picture.php

There was a surprising amount of consoles left at 5PM at the store. I got there at 4PM. Grabbed it then when grocery shopping for an hour, then paid for it with my PC Points.[/quote]

See Firestorm, posting one picture of your PS3 is enough. And no cross-posting either.

bread's done
Back