[Canada] Trade 1 get GT Prologue Free

JnJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Ebgames has a promo (both locations in guelph, ontario, anyway)

Trade 1 of the following get GT 5 Prologue free

XBox360
Call of Duty
Burnout Paradise
army of two

Ps3
Same as above (I believe)

Wii
Mario Galaxy
SuperSmash
Mario Olympics

Feel free to correct me but i'm almost positive those are the titles. Not bad if you can find a burnout/mario sonic at rogers

Hmmm...really now?
I was planning on trading in my RSV2 to finish paying for the rest of my MGS4 pre-order tomorrow.
I shall check if this is on in my area (Brampton/Mississauga) Thanks :D

[quote name='Lockescythe']What is the TIV on Olympics anyway. I hate the game and might trade it towards FES next week.[/quote]

It's $30 according to EBGames.ca & that was actually updated not too long ago.

EDIT: LOL....gamer602 is too fast for me ;)

[quote name='Lockescythe']What is the TIV on Olympics anyway. I hate the game and might trade it towards FES next week.[/quote]

It's on the website, trade in value at $30, I'm going to go trade my copy in tomorrow for Rondo of swords.

[quote name='gamer602']TIV-30

getting it 2/40 at rv would rock....[/quote]

take your own advice via your signature, my appologies if someone on RFD has the same name as yourself but i find that highly unlikely.

[quote name='JnJosh']take your own advice via your signature, my appologies if someone on RFD has the same name as yourself but i find that highly unlikely.[/quote]

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! The smoking gun appears!

Get the noose.

:lol:

EB Games
Another promo for GT5 Prologue. Reported working in Ontario, but EB stuff is always nationwide.

Trade 1 of the following for free GT5 Prologue:

Call of Duty 4
Burnout Paradise
Rainbow Vegas 2

PS3
Call of Duty 4
Burnout Paradise
Rainbow Vegas 2

Wii
Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

That should be the game list but you can double check.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games is $30 at Future Shop. A lot of those games are semi-common at Rogers Video (2 for $40 sale) as well.

from firestorm, on neogaf.

Brought to my attention by Johkaho (sp? my b), also browsing the RFD forums and found gamer602 posting the same thing, reading his signature i'd call bullshit.

Weird how firestorm would mention it working in ontario, and he is from BC. How was the flight here? I could careless about the posting in other forums, but a) don't be hypocritical b) why give credit to the site let alone the poster in our own forum area

[quote name='JnJosh']from firestorm, on neogaf.

Brought to my attention by Johkaho (sp? my b), also browsing the RFD forums and found gamer602 posting the same thing, reading his signature i'd call bullshit.

Weird how firestorm would mention it working in ontario, and he is from BC. How was the flight here? I could careless about the posting in other forums, but a) don't be hypocritical b) why give credit to the site let alone the poster in our own forum area[/quote]

+1

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576981
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179357

Certainly there's a significant difference between borrowing a post with mentioning source and giving credits vesus stealing a post.

Weird how firestorm would mention it working in ontario, and he is from BC. How was the flight here? I could careless about the posting in other forums, but a) don't be hypocritical b) why give credit to the site let alone the poster in our own forum area[/quote]

I thought it was common knowledge here that I crossposted deals on cag and gaf? Since most of the deals I post on gaf are from cag, I just have a link to this board in the first post of that topic. And I do post a few things here that I get from gaf or sometimes rfd (although I visit rfd less and less now).

The flight to Ontario from BC is pretty crappy tbqh :(

I went to EB today in Mississauga to trade in my RSV2 for the deal only to find out it's not actually part of the promotion.

All the games JnJosh listed were correct except it's supposed to be Army of Two instead of Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

[quote name='AJD23']I went to EB today in Mississauga to trade in my RSV2 for the deal only to find out it's not actually part of the promotion.

All the games JnJosh listed were correct except it's supposed to be Army of Two instead of Rainbow Six Vegas 2.[/quote]

ok i'll edit the main post! sorry about that ajd!

[quote name='JnJosh']ok i'll edit the main post! sorry about that ajd![/quote]

It's cool, glad I made the trip anyways! I asked if RSV2 was part of the promo and he showed me a printout of what games were part of it (the ones you mentioned). So I felt kinda bummed, and put the credit of the game towards the rest of my MGS4 pre-order, where I then asked if they had anymore of those Saga Vol.2 DVD for the beta. The employee said he only had some for those who pre-ordered first, but since he's been calling them for over a week (and he knows I've made frequent visits asking for the beta DVD), he gave me one anyways for my trouble! :lol:

Trade Promotions I see no harm in posting on RFD.
Deals on the other hands are a different story. I will NEVER POST A CC

CLEARANCE SALE ON RFD. Any limited sales will not go over to RFD...remember how long that CC clearance was exclusive to CAG?

That FS blu-ray GC mistake also stayed CAG exclusive.

Nationwide campaign will be posted on RFD, its just a matter of time.

Seriously thing like RV 2/40 and T3 weekend are advertised all over the stores...so many posters its not even funny.

I visit my EB 5 times a week, and yes they have the ads up, i saw it b4 i saw ur post, thus i did not think you need credit when i made that post on RFD....
However, if it makes you feel better, im more than wiling to add your name on the post on RFD. You can take all the credit for posting it on CAG first.

I've been a CAG ALOT longer than I have been a RFDer. My loyalty is definately here at CAG.

You monkeys bickering about keeping deals exclusive to CAG just exposed these forums to all of RFD. :hot:

Just because you posted it first on CAG, it does not mean that copied the thread from you. My EB has the signs too...I just didnt get around to posting it. I'm more than willing to give you credit thou. Do you want your name on the OP?

[quote name='Usuyami']You monkeys bickering about keeping deals exclusive to CAG just exposed these forums to all of RFD. :hot:[/quote]

lol. This forum isn't a secret place. You just didn't know about it. But then this might get flooded with lurkers.... oh well. It doesn't make much difference as most of deals here get posted on RFD anyways.

Anyway, welcome. =)

This is what I think of as standard practice:
- if unlimited deal that there's no benefit from hiding: share on rfd
- if deal requires immediate action to take advantage of and will be hard to do for latecomers, keep away from RFD for a couple of days at least to give gamers a heads up over hoarders

Remembers, GAMERS above HOARDERS. This is why I share with GAF as the people there are gamers, not resellers.

And yeah, some of us have been here for a long time and have seen this board go from next to no activity to the state it's at now. We helped it through that phase and would rather not have shit talked about us by people like johanko (sp) who are obsessed with a certain RFDer and rarely contribute.

[quote name='Firestorm']This is what I think of as standard practice:
- if unlimited deal that there's no benefit from hiding: share on rfd
- if deal requires immediate action to take advantage of and will be hard to do for latecomers, keep away from RFD for a couple of days at least to give gamers a heads up over hoarders

Remembers, GAMERS above HOARDERS. This is why I share with GAF as the people there are gamers, not resellers.

And yeah, some of us have been here for a long time and have seen this board go from next to no activity to the state it's at now. We helped it through that phase and would rather not have shit talked about us by people like johanko (sp) who are obsessed with a certain RFDer and rarely contribute.[/quote]

Seriously, it is amazing how far along this forum has come along. Back in the day, there wasnt even an Canadian Sub-forum, it was us pioneers that made too many Canadian deals on the main forum that the MODs got sick of us and gave us our own sub-forum...

Even when we got our own forum...there was 1-2 NEW posts PER DAY, and maybe 1-2 THREADS PER WEEK...

Most of the newcomers here nowdays are from RFD...

The reason why I hate question threads is because it defeats the original rules and purposes of this forum.... I will not allow this to become a RFD sub-forum. Threads on here should benefit everyone, not just one person in a specific area of a city. Look around b4 you ask, people are expecting other to do all the work for them, please do a bit of research b4 u start a new thread...we have also set up a thread dedicated to questions.

The activity we seen now is incredible, the attitude from the beginning was amazing, now, not so much.... please try to reverse this...

Totally misread this as trade 1 get GT prologue free AND TIV. lol.

Didn't know it was OR. lol.

Though I probably should;'ve just returned GT prologue for full price (39.99) I don't think they would've let me. So I just got a 30$ giftcard for ridding myself of olympic games that I will buy FES with.

[quote name='Firestorm']And yeah, some of us have been here for a long time and have seen this board go from next to no activity to the state it's at now. We helped it through that phase and would rather not have shit talked about us by people like johanko (sp) who are obsessed with a certain RFDer and rarely contribute.[/quote]

i have posted lots of deals on here! you don't have to hate me because i don't like that posting machine on RFD.

at least i don't steal other peoples deals and post them GAF right after they post them on here. most of the time you just cut and paste the users entire post and put post it as your own. :applause:

i think the majority of the deals you posted are from other message boards!!!

Post it as my own? What? I've made it clear countless times that most of my posts there are topics on CAG. That's why I link to CAG in the very first post of the topic.

Most of my deals are from other forums. Why is that a bad thing? I post deals I find and share them with others. Technically, I could just keep anything I find to myself, but I like others benefiting from deals as well.

I don't care about whatever e-points you get from finding a deal first and being the original poster of it. If people are benefiting from me posting something from somewhere else, then the deal should be posted.

The only ones I'd rather not help are hoarders.

[quote name='Lockescythe']Cool that'll pay for FES.[/quote]

speaking of which, where can I grab an-instore copy of FES and where would be cheapest? thanks

[quote name='jonkaho']i have posted lots of deals on here! you don't have to hate me because i don't like that posting machine on RFD.

at least i don't steal other peoples deals and post them GAF right after they post them on here. most of the time you just cut and paste the users entire post and put post it as your own. :applause:

i think the majority of the deals you posted are from other message boards!!![/quote]

[quote name='Firestorm']Post it as my own? What? I've made it clear countless times that most of my posts there are topics on CAG. That's why I link to CAG in the very first post of the topic.

Most of my deals are from other forums. Why is that a bad thing? I post deals I find and share them with others. Technically, I could just keep anything I find to myself, but I like others benefiting from deals as well.

I don't care about whatever e-points you get from finding a deal first and being the original poster of it. If people are benefiting from me posting something from somewhere else, then the deal should be posted.

The only ones I'd rather not help are hoarders.[/quote]

You guys need to chill. Theres no need to be rude....

[quote name='gamer602']You guys need to chill. Theres no need to be rude....[/quote]

It's the whole idea that people want credit for their posts. It's absolutely ridiculous, it is not THEIRS to begin with. They got it from an original source, so why are they not referencing that original source. Anybody who is whining about their posts being posted on another message board needs a nice fist to the face and to lighten the hell up. Better yet, let's standardize our posts, each post that is quoted by another poster needs to be referenced in APA format on a seperate page, footnotes if necessary.

No one cares that you posted the information, they care about the information. You got it from a flyer or someone working at said store, stop being ridiculous.

Um 29.99 at futureshop/eb i believe is the cheapest.

Cheapest you could do is to trade in 30$ worth of stuff(find mario and sonic during 2 for 40?) to eb to get it since credit is tax free when you buy stuff.

[quote name='chrisryans']It's the whole idea that people want credit for their posts. It's absolutely ridiculous, it is not THEIRS to begin with. They got it from an original source, so why are they not referencing that original source. Anybody who is whining about their posts being posted on another message board needs a nice fist to the face and to lighten the hell up. Better yet, let's standardize our posts, each post that is quoted by another poster needs to be referenced in APA format on a seperate page, footnotes if necessary.

No one cares that you posted the information, they care about the information. You got it from a flyer or someone working at said store, stop being ridiculous.[/quote]

It's just started because someone with signature saying "do not post on RFD" posted deals posted by other CAG member on RFD. AFAIK those people don't really care about credits and they also are members of RFD, including myself.

As far as gaming deals are concerned, there are too many hoarders in RFD. I have trouble price matching BBV with FS/BB. They need to verify stocks from BBV but all my BBV stores were raided by hoarders already.

Maybe I haven't been around in this "deal-hunting community" long enough, but I don't quite fathom these unspoken code of honour that you guys seem to have. How exactly do you define a "hoarder" and a "gamer"?

It seems "gamers" only take advantage of deals at the expense of retailers, while "hoaders" take advantage of deals at the expense of everybody?

If a retailer mistakenly pricing an item for cheap, for instance, it's okay to take advantage of them, but not if you buy 100 copies because that would take advantage of everybody else? Where do we draw the line?

And what's with the CAG vs. RFD?

Things I've always wondered...

well. Hoarder means they ruin deals by taking advantage of a deal to a point where its profit. Like buying every 8$ TIV game thats under 15 bucks to get multiple DS's to sell them. The TIV is always more important than the deal. If they see 15 copies of brawl during a 2 for 40 they will buy them all before someone even gets near them.

Gamers take advantage of a deal so they can get the game/product they want. They sometimes pick up extras but usually only to trade to other games to get the games they want. Gamers tend to only get the stuff they need and do not go out of their way to drive a deal into the ground.

If you are buying something for the sake of reselling it at a profit, I'd consider it hoarding.
If you're buying something because you want to use it, then that's fine.

Of course I don't think anybody minds people buying crappy games to trade in at EB if nobody else wants them.

CAG way of doing things: Buy a game at Rogers Video and sell it to someone else who wants it at cost ($25)
RFD way of doing things: Buy 20 games at Rogers Video and sell it on craigslist for $40 each.

Although I will admit there are quite a few nice RFDers as well =)

Hoarders and RFD, in my experience, are rude, are dead set on getting the "deal" they saw on RFD and will repeat "BUT I SAW IT ON RFD SO GIVE IT TO ME LAWL" over and over again until they get it and they always have a sense of entitlement and a smug look on their face like they just defeated a $5 billion dollar a year company by being tech savvy and using a forum to cheat us of $5. Also they're usually non-gamers that are getting it purely for the TIV and they will never buy something that's not close to FREE.

Gamers don't do any of that shit.

Guess who I do my best to help out and who I do my best to ruin their quest for saving two dollars on Action Replay on the DS?

Anyone's who's worked in retail long enough knows (and probably has their own way) of picking out between genuine people and hoarders.

Also found a black label Animal Crossing at EB for $19.99, win!

[quote name='danthemightyone']It's just started because someone with signature saying "do not post on RFD" posted deals posted by other CAG member on RFD. AFAIK those people don't really care about credits and they also are members of RFD, including myself.

As far as gaming deals are concerned, there are too many hoarders in RFD. I have trouble price matching BBV with FS/BB. They need to verify stocks from BBV but all my BBV stores were raided by hoarders already.[/quote]

I understand and completely agree with that, I'm mainly complaining about this being posted by a certain someone

[quote name='chrisryans']I understand and completely agree with that, I'm mainly complaining about this being posted by a certain someone[/quote]

stop the complaining!

have you ever shared any deals on here before??? big words for a lurker.

[quote name='jonkaho']stop the complaining!

have you ever shared any deals on here before??? big words for a lurker.[/quote]

First of all, learn what the term lurker means.

Second, I'm sure my credibility is based on how many deals I post and how often I post, the idea that I've been a member and contributed for years doesn't mean squat.

Third, I have contributed deals so shut your mouth. Check my post history if you really want to delve in deep!

Grow up.

Unfortunately your link doesn't work.

I'm sure you were trying to post my created topics, which is a great effort by you showing your maturity. Like I said in the post you happened to quote, if you really to to delve in deep....CHECK THE POST HISTORY.

Contributions don't necessarily need to be how many topics a member has created.

I'll say it again so it can sink in a little deeper this time.

Grow up.

lol, he is viewing my profile and searching my posts now!

Boy is my face red.

You guys need to find a more constructive way to discuss your differences of opinions. Please put away the e-penis and tone down the aggressive posts.

Cut it out guys...please don't make me go through this thread and start deleting posts.
Just end it now.

[quote name='magiic']holyshit
CheapyD AND Daphatty

I knew this thread had gotten intense but not this intense[/quote]

I think this thread just exploded.

[quote name='CheapyD']Cut it out guys...please don't make me go through this thread and start deleting posts.
Just end it now.[/quote]

Oh God, it's embarrassing to all of us in the Canadian forums that CheapyD has to wade in and get involved. :cry:

How about this:
-People that contribute here in any way, shape or form are greatly appreciated (especially by me)
-There is no law against contributing elsewhere. If it's a common deal (flyers, etc.) then it's not going to be much of a secret since a majority of Canadians can access and read a flyer.
-If it is an undiscovered deal (like an unadvertised clearance item), then you must realize that you take the risk of alerting lurkers anyway because this forum is publicly viewable.
-By logic, if people post good deals and aren't being given credit (a very simple courtesy), then it might lead them not to post anymore. That would result in Epic Suckage for us all.
-In summation, everyone be nice, we have a good thing going here.

In trying to keep the post on topic, EDIT: NM wrong thread for that question! :dunce:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Oh God, it's embarrassing to all of us in the Canadian forums that CheapyD has to wade in and get involved. :cry:

How about this:
-People that contribute here in any way, shape or form are greatly appreciated (especially by me)
-There is no law against contributing elsewhere. If it's a common deal (flyers, etc.) then it's not going to be much of a secret since a majority of Canadians can access and read a flyer.
-If it is an undiscovered deal (like an unadvertised clearance item), then you must realize that you take the risk of alerting lurkers anyway because this forum is publicly viewable.
-By logic, if people post good deals and aren't being given credit (a very simple courtesy), then it might lead them not to post anymore. That would result in Epic Suckage for us all.
-In summation, everyone be nice, we have a good thing going here.

In trying to keep the post on topic, EDIT: NM wrong thread for that question! :dunce:[/quote]

That's all I was trying to get across, sorry for falling into the useless argument trap and coming off as an asshole, exams have lead me to a short fuse haha. Won't happen again, but...we did manage to bring in the forum celebrities, atleast it accomplished something? :lol:

bread's done
Back