[Canada] Trade 3 for ANY UPCOMING GAME at EB every weekend in March

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Starting next weekend, and supposedly every weekend after that (but only weekends), you can trade 3 games for any upcoming game. I don't know if that includes the Halo 3: Legendary Edition (I assume it doesn't).

I'm gonna try and track down some $10 games I can use to pre-order Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Blue Dragon, and Halo 3 =)

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4745008&postcount=914
It either starts next weekend or the weekend of March 16th.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Nice, I have these.

So I bought these games, and called EB to see their trade in values. They had all $8 or more values. *I called on Mar.9*

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
Need For Speed Underground 2 (PS2)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC)
Simpsons: Hit and Run (GC)
Graffiti Kingdom (PS2)

The total for all these was 50 bucks (including taxes) at a local crazy cheap used store. I hope these still work (and if they don't- I have a few weeks to return them) I'd call and confirm these before you go in.
I also wonder if EB accepts games regardless of disc quality....[/quote]

be careful when buying used games, as they do chk for disc quality. If the disc is scratched a lot then they WILL NOT accept it. I was at a local EB the other day when a guy brought in Gamecube games, and the conditions were ok and they did not accept any of the games.

CaptainCharisma, check another EB. I went to Metrotown and they wouldn't accept one even though I'd say it's in as good a condition as most of their used games. Went to Pacific Centre and they took it no problem.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Nice, I have these.

So I bought these games, and called EB to see their trade in values. They had all $8 or more values. *I called on Mar.9*

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
Need For Speed Underground 2 (PS2)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC)
Simpsons: Hit and Run (GC)
Graffiti Kingdom (PS2)

The total for all these was 50 bucks (including taxes) at a local crazy cheap used store. I hope these still work (and if they don't- I have a few weeks to return them) I'd call and confirm these before you go in.
I also wonder if EB accepts games regardless of disc quality....[/quote]

Not sure... but I heard NFSU2 is under $8 now. Funny that Simpsons still works... I see a lot of those for $20 or less (maybe it's for XB/PS2).

I wish BBV's in GVR did trade-ins.

Updated

www.citgocapital.com/wiki/

This deal is supposed to start now for all locations.

I already picked up

Assassin's Creed
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Grand Theft Auto IV
Metal Gear Solid 4
Oblivion
Resident Evil 5
Super Smash Brawl
Tekken 6

The following are no longer applicable to the deal:

Tekken 5
Resident Evil 4 PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2 PS2

I only take interest in games that score over 8.5 or better on average through credible review sites.

Usually a site like www.gamerankings.com helps ease the decision making process. Any game should look impressive if you judge them strictly by trailers and advertisements, unless the marketing teams for the companies didn't do a good job.

I was considering DMC4 but I didn't enjoy DMC 3 SE enough to warrant using a 3 for 1 on it. I'm not even sure if it's on the reservation list.

Killzone 1 wasn't very good so I'm avoiding the sequel unless it scores around the Gears of War or Halo 3 ballpark.

I got rid of my 360 and don't plan on getting another one so I'm sticking with PS3 and Wii titles only.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Not sure... but I heard NFSU2 is under $8 now. Funny that Simpsons still works... I see a lot of those for $20 or less (maybe it's for XB/PS2).

I wish BBV's in GVR did trade-ins.[/quote]

Ooh recognize you as one of the good RFDers =P There are a few BBV in the GVR who do trade-ins. I did mine at the one near Metrotown (go to Metro, take the 106 New Westminister bus until you see a Blockbuster). I hear most of the BBVs in Richmond do them. I know the BBV by Guildford Mall should do it too.

Well 2 more games pre-ordered for me (Tenchu Z and Two Worlds both for the 360).

I used the following for these 2 today:

(XB) SSX On Tour (one of the BBV's in the area is swimming with them)
(XB) Fifa Street 2
(XB) Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball Max'd (walmart, $6.93 game) x 2 :p
(XB) Outrun 2 (Note: NOT "2006 Coast 2 Coast")
(GC) Animal Crossing

Think I may try this deal once more for Bioshock, if I have the time.

When you think about it, even the $20 games at Rogers (most of which should work I think) would be cost-effective. 2x $20 games + 1x $20 game for free = $40 for a pre-order of any 360 game = $30 off.

Blegh. What a pain in the ass, but then again, it goes along with everything else around here. Really makes trekking around for cheap games not really worth the preorders what with gas and everything. :/
... Super Paper Mario better be the best damn game of all time. :p

how does EB trade in work anyway.

A local gaming shop has both suikoden tactics and psychonauits for 9.99 new.

Can I trade in multiple copies or what?

[quote name='Lockescythe']how does EB trade in work anyway.

Can I trade in multiple copies or what?[/quote]

GameCentre right? You have to bundle it with another game.

Most EB Games can't accept more than 1 copy in the same transaction.

But at GameCentre they only let you buy one copy.

So try to pick up something cheap there that works towards the deal and it evens out.

Also try to avoid trading Psychonauts at the Eaton Centre EB Games if possible.

I traded one in on monday and the rep exclaimed "Another copy of Psychonauts?" and that was the first time I've ever traded-in at that location.

I last went on Friday.

I think Suikoden Tactics and Psychonauts are still $9.99 but I've bought about 6 of either psychonauts or Suikoden Tactics on different days, so I don't think they'll sell anymore to me.

There are two locations. The one on Yonge store is the larger of the two. I would call beforehand. Their phone number for the Yonge location is 416-925-4951

[quote name='Lockescythe']how does EB trade in work anyway.

Can I trade in multiple copies or what?[/quote]

EB only takes one copy of each game for a promo.

[quote name='stooples2k3']EB only takes one copy of each game for a promo.[/quote]

I've seen posts where multiple copies were allowed... YMMV I guess.

Does anyone know what they do with games not even in their system? Does that mean it's worth $0.00?

The only game in their database that has a $0 null trade in value is GTA San Andreas: Hot coffee edition which never seems to scan. Which is odd because one would have to willingly use a code device and manually input the necessary coding to access the minigame.

EB games often do not have TIVs for old platforms like PS1, N64, and so forth.

Other than that I think only old Sports games for PS2, X-Box, GCN, have a lowly TIV of $1.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I've seen posts where multiple copies were allowed... YMMV I guess.

Does anyone know what they do with games not even in their system? Does that mean it's worth $0.00?[/quote]

they don't take anything that has a TIV of zero dollars. i tried taking one of the cheap games i purchased from Stooples to trade in at EB, and they would not except it because it has a TIV of zero! :(

I got GRAW 2 and Def Jam: ICON today, and spent about 70 dollars on both of them (not bad, I did better last time).

For GRAW 2:
GC-Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (9.99 at local store)
PS2-NFS: Underground 2 (9.99 at local store)
GC-Simpsons: Hit and Run

For Def-Jam Icon:
PS2- Starwars Battlefront (2 For 30 bin at EB Games-misplaced :D)
PS2- Final Fantasy X-2 (2 For 30 bin at EB Games)
PS2- Graffiti Kingdom (9.99 at local store)

Wish I could've found some more 9.99 games. I'll probably go April 1st and pray they have Blue Dragon up for Pre-Order.
For now Rogers Video's 2 for 20 sale on ALL Previously Viewed DVDs will distract me.

My local walmart is swimming with copies of Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball Max'd and Nighmare before Christmas games (for xbox), they are selling both for 6.97. So I bought 2 of each. I traded both nightmares in at blockbuster for 15 dollar TIV each (went to 2 seperate stores). Using this credit I bought some used games that will work with the eb games deal.

Bioshock (X360) - cost me 14 bucks in total
Marvel vs SNK 2 EO (GC) - 9.99 @ BBV
LOTR The Third Age (Xbox) - 4.99 @ BBV
Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball Max'd (xbox)

Stranglehold (X360) - cost me $19
SSX On Tour (Xbox) - 14.99 @ BBV
Need for Speed Underground 2 (GC) - 4.99 @ BBV
Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball Max'd (xbox)

Also I should note that the 50% off new games under 29.99 is officially finished. Neither BBV was doing it anymore.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Just wondering if this is the LAST weekend to take advantage of the deal?[/quote]

I think they will do it next weekend as well.

XBOX - Silent Hill 4 - 11$
XBOX - Starwars Battlefront - 6$
XBOX - Starwars Battlefront 2 - >8$

I will be so pissed if they drop the tiv of the third age.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Just wondering if this is the LAST weekend to take advantage of the deal?[/quote]

the last weekend for this deal is on March 30 to April 1st.

Anyone know any good games that'll work for this still? I might try something this weekend considering I got my 360 now..

It's gonna be harder now since the Roger's B2G1 deal is over. Try Psychonauts from Wal-Mart, Backyard Baseball 2007 at Future Shop and maybe some games from BlockBuster with their Buy 1 Get 1 50% off deal.

Blockbuster's Halo 3 thing ends April 1st and for that it's easy to find those double-pack games (2 for $20) that work.

EBGtames TIV Values as of March 26, in Montreal Qc
Halo 2 Xbox - 7$ (very depends on location it seems)
Resident Evil 4 GC - 7$
Metroid Prime 2 GC - 13$
Prince Persia Warrior Within PS2 - 7$

Zelda Twilight GC - 30$
Wario Ware Smooth Moves Wii - 38$
Zelda Twilight Wii - 40$

Typically, 1 copie of each game by trade, but YMMV depending on the store...
(and if you try to get 3 preorders at the same time at same store, it might seem odd to have 3 times the same game in your personnal collection, you might have to consider changing store or day)

I found a random video store with xbox games at 2 for 1

Got silent hill 4 and the third age for 20$ wish I had printed out a list of games that I knew qualified.

checked lotr- the third age today in montreal. It's still at 8$ but the clerk at eb games seemed to think that they might lower it on friday.

I would say it safe since it's thursday and this is the last weekend for the promo... still crossing fingers

I still need to find one more acceptable game, going to bbv and then eb on saturday.

Also not sure what preorder I want, leaning towards assassin's creed... want to get something that I might be able to trade for VF5 later and I'm not sure what the best game is for that (not counting halo 3 because of it's estimated release date)

I went to EB Games today and pre-ordered Halo 3. I brought 4 games just incase; God of War, Dragon Quest 8, Luigi's Mansion and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (I picked up the latter two for $15 yesterday at BBV). All 4 had TIV of 8+ so I decided to keept DQ8 as I haven't completed the game yet.

bread's done
Back