[Canada] Trade old PS3 + 2 games - PS3 slim = $50

halcyon1234

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Got the eb games newsletter with this offer.

Trade 2 PS3 games (usual restrictions) plus your old 80GB or 60GB (yeah, right), get the slim for $49.99

Depending on how you value those PS3 games, they're giving you about $200 for your PS3. So not too bad.

This is probably the worst deal I've seen at EB lately, especially since it doesn't apply to the 40GB model, which is the only one that would be worth trading for a slim at this point.

I don't get it... What stops people from upgrading their 40gb model with an 80gb hardrive then trading it in as an 80gb system? Is the model number on the 40gb and 80gb different?

IF you have a PS3 that is in bad shape / out of warranty / do not use the extra features old PS3 have

I do not find that deal that bad... it was better when PS3 80 gigs was trading for $250 last friday... but that could not last.

I will not do it because my PS3 is really recent, but it could be good for some people.

How 'bout trade in a PS3 and 2 games and get the Slim for FREE. THAT is a deal... This, not so much. Those games probably have to have a minimum $8 trade in. Most old PS3 games, EB only gives you $7 for.

Its a nice option for those looking to get a slim and get rid of their old one, but its not a DEAL.

So the MOMENT the PS3 Slim was announced (I was watching the live blog) I called up my EB and asked how much the TIV for my 80 GB model was. I was told $250 so I decided that I would trade in my PS3 with a sixaxis(not dualshock) controller and pick up the slim. I picked up my slim yesterday and it cost me 73 dollars for a Slim with a better controller

It should be a straight trade if it's a 60gb or it should differentiate between an 80gb bc & 80gb non-bc cause they are worth different amounts

also remembered hearing something similar happened in australia where you could have your 60gb to non-bc 80gb at additional cost to you

If they were taking the 40gb model I would probablydo it. Mineis running out of space, and my Bluray drive has given me a few issues lately. It's out of warranty, so I could basically upgrade my harddrive and get a new unit for cheap.

[quote name='snuter']I don't get it... What stops people from upgrading their 40gb model with an 80gb hardrive then trading it in as an 80gb system? Is the model number on the 40gb and 80gb different?[/QUOTE]

cuz it's still a CECHH or CECHG, regardless of drive

bread's done
Back