[Canada] Wii Game Price Drops

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Prices for a bunch of Wii games have dropped. Future Shop and Best Buy have the following at these prices:

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $19.99
SSX Blur - $29.99
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $29.99
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords - $29.99
Farcry Vengeance - $29.99
Blazing Angel - $29.99
Need for Speed Carbon - $34.99

Source: RFD

I noticed many of these price drops at my Zellers as well. I mentioned about Farcry in that other Zellers thread and saw (then chuckled) that PoP was 30 last night.

how were the wii controls on rival swords? i quite enjoyed the gc version and i wouldn't mind playing it through again if the controls are immersive :)

I heard that if you had played the GCN version, don't bother, but if you haven't, then get the Wii version as it the controls aren't bad. The only games worth getting are Rayman Raving Rabbids, SSX Blur, and Prince of Persia if you want to finish the trilogy but haven't, and Red Steel if you REALLY REALLY want to just play the game to see if it lives up to the hype (it doesn't).

red steel definitely left a bad taste in my mouth, i suppose i'll grab rival swords when its under $10 though, i heard SSX blur was 50/50 depending on how well you managed to grasp the control concept

Blur is definitely a love it or hate it type of game. Raving Rabbids also fall into that catagory.

And don't bother with Rival Swords since it doesn't include any significant extras if any extras at all and also things like instant kills or something along those lines were removed so it can get a 'T' rating instead of the GC/PS2/XBOX version's 'M' rating. That and also, since this IS 'cheapassgamer', the latter versions can be found for 20 if not 10 bucks. The Wii can play GC games afterall. :p

I'd skip Rayman in favor of Wario Ware, or MAYBE even Mario Party 8. Although I've yet to play the later. Rayman has about one really good mini game out of every ten. Which is to say, not good odds. The characters are enjoyable, but I really didn't find myself wanting to go back later and play it, ala Wario. And the multiplayer is turn by turn base, which leaves a lot to be desired.

For $15 though, the railshooting levels would be worth it alone. ;D
~Your friendly neighborhood EM.

bread's done
Back