Canadian Cheapass Wii/DS Gamers: Club Nintendo is up!

poiuiu

CAGiversary!
The english equivalent to the Japanese "buy our games and get shit" program was just released for North America.

Chugs like a bitch, randomly logs you out and generally doesn't do anything but sit there and piss you off, but I managed to get a few games registered and got a few hundred points. Grab some currency (Coins in this case) by registering a first party Nintendo published Wii or DS game (in Japan it's any Wii or DS game), fill out a survey for the game and get 50 or 30 points respectively to your MyNintendo account. Note, GCN or GBA games don't count however Virtual Console or WiiWare games will count (they net you 10 coins each but they're not implemented to give Coins yet).

After you get a bunch of Coins, you can either get a Nintendo-themed Hanafuda deck of cards, a deck of Nintendo-themed regular playing cards, a DS game holder, DS card and stylus case, among other things including formerly JPN exclusive Game and Watch DS (game includes Oil Panic, Donkey Kong and Greenhouse). All of these will cost you hundreds of Coins, with GnW DS costing 800 Coins.

So all you Cheapasses with a mountain of Nintendo Wii or DS games, start logging in and get pissed off!

And of course, linkage: http://club.nintendo.com/

Okay, I thought it was only me that kept getting logged out for no fucking reason. Part of me wants to buy the silver DS case for 800, but I'm gonna save up my points since I know something amazing is bound to come up.

(I didn't mean to use profanity, I just wanted to see the Shaq-Fu since I've never done it before).

I tried it yesterday at work, but it didn't go so well. I wish it would've transfered over all of my registered games on Nintendo.com...

*edit*
It seems that most of my games have been moved over... but not all of them. They weren't there before though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's working for me now, although it logs me out every few minutes. All my games from My Nintendo that have come over (about 30%~) gives me 480 points. When the rest of them come over, and I register all the games I haven't bothered with in the last year, or so.. I should be able to have quite a few goodies. :bouncy:

I have 490 myself um if anyone wants to send me any things they already registered (aka if you're rebuying it) I'd love ya forever. I wanna get enough for some good stuff.

I want that DS bookcase, or something. I have at least a dozen games to register (horrah for me for being a pack rat!) I still got those little sheets tacked on my wall.

Do systems count for points? I have a Wii, two DS', a Zelda DS and a Nintendogs DS to register.

I finally got it to work last night using Internet Explorer. Safari and Fire Fox wouldn't work. Not all my games that were registered went through. Some new ones I tried to register didn't go through either. It's kinda of still a mess but I was able to get the Game and Watch collection after an hour of fiddling and filling out surveys.

[quote name='kathos']I want that DS bookcase, or something. I have at least a dozen games to register (horrah for me for being a pack rat!) I still got those little sheets tacked on my wall.

Do systems count for points? I have a Wii, two DS', a Zelda DS and a Nintendogs DS to register.[/quote]

Systems do not count, although the games that come with limited edition systems should.

Does anyone know how to register the Wii ware/channels onto the website? I can't seem to find a registration number for the games on my Wii... but I could be looking in the wrong place?

[quote name='EvilMario']Systems do not count, although the games that come with limited edition systems should.[/QUOTE]
Do, I've got a limited edition Zelda DS as well and have already registered the included game. :)

[quote name='craig64']Does anyone know how to register the Wii ware/channels onto the website? I can't seem to find a registration number for the games on my Wii... but I could be looking in the wrong place?[/quote]

If they don't carry over with the other games, I think you have to relink your Wii with your Club Nintendo account, like you had to do with the MyNintendo account. I can't remember if I had to do anything but enter the serial number of the system.

Aaah, thanks guys. I'll have to try it again when I get home. I swear when I looked at it it said "unlink" the account, but... I'll give it a shot and see. Thanks for the heads up though, I wasn't figuring anything out (and the website just kept logging me off anyways).

Glick... that took a long time to actually get in.

None of my 100+ games registered in the past have carried over for points (yet), but I did do an hour worth of surveys and earned that Game & Watch DS game.

Now to find some more registration cards and get those Hanafuda cards :)

The list of games that qualify for surveys:

Wii Games
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Endless Ocean
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels
Alien Crush Returns
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
Big Kahuna Party
Boingz
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
Brain Challenge
Bruiser and Scratch
Digital Champ Battle Boxing
Earthworm Jim
Enduro Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
Hockey Allstar Shootout
Home Sweet Home
Mega Man 3
Metal Slug 2
Pit Crew Panic!
Secret of Mana
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier
Space Invaders Get Even
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough
Sudoku Challenge!
Target Toss Pro: Bags
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
World of Goo
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

Nintendo DS Games
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Diddy Kong Racing
Electroplankton
Elite Beat Agents
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends
Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends
Nintendogs: Labrador Retriever and Friends
Nintendogs: Miniature Dachshund and Friends
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Planet Puzzle League
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris DS
Yoshi's Island DS

It's disappointing that not all 1st party Virtual Console titles are on there.. but at least they're letting us obtain points retroactively.

Heh, only one of my DS games qualifies (I only have 4 games, so no big surprise there. lol). I know my sister has a bunch of games from the DS list, so I'll just get the PIN #s from her games.

[quote name='EvilMario']It's disappointing that not all 1st party Virtual Console titles are on there.. but at least they're letting us obtain points retroactively.[/quote]

Yeah, it's disappointing. I have like 15-20 Virtual Console games, but not a single one of them is on the list. :S

[quote name='craig64']Yeah, it's disappointing. I have like 15-20 Virtual Console games, but not a single one of them is on the list. :S[/quote]

Only Tetris Party qualifies for me. :/

how are retails ganna manage this? some people are ganna go to ebgames or some other retailer that sells games and write down the codes ( or if ur someone who works there, they are ganna abuse it) ...?

I'm looking forward to when they get the "Intend To Buy" system set up, so I can intend to buy every game and get bonus coins! haha

[quote name='ikariwarriors']I'm looking forward to when they get the "Intend To Buy" system set up, so I can intend to buy every game and get bonus coins! haha[/quote]

Haha.. preeeetty sure it's just an additional ten coins when you actually PICKUP AND REGISTER the title.

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']So, how much longer until you guys start a code trading thread?[/quote]

The day you start selling the codes at your store! DUH!:lol:

So do you get coins for past registered games, or just the surveys you do for those games? I transfered over my account but had 0cr (despite ~12 titles, almost all first party, previously registered).

[quote name='Winnopeg']So do you get coins for past registered games, or just the surveys you do for those games? I transfered over my account but had 0cr (despite ~12 titles, almost all first party, previously registered).[/quote]

Surveys only.

[quote name='frozzted']Anyone get coins for Wii shop stuff yet?[/quote]

Not yet here. I only have Tetris Party that qualifies, but the survey for it has not popped up on my to-do list yet. I had enough surveys to get the DS Game & Watch Collection, with points left over. Plus I still have a couple games I haven't opened yet that qualify for surveys.

[quote name='EvilMario']Surveys only.[/QUOTE]
Ah, poo. Then I guess I need to start actually using my Wii to get that Game & Watch game. :(

(Or I could just go buy some batteries and play the few old Game & Watch systems I own... Hm.)

Hmm, I wonder if you could use the DS game case holder (with the Mario hats at either end) to hold Wii games.

[quote name='gamer602']The day you start selling the codes at your store! DUH!:lol:[/quote]

I do have a few extras... but I can't justify selling them. If anyone here needs a couple, stop by the store on Friday (this one or next week) and I'll hook you up.

So if you have a game registered and they add a survey for it how will you know and where do you do it? Have a couple of the Wii Shop games from that list it says have surveys but can't find where to do the survey. Rather annoying having close to 200 games registered or games that could be registered and only having a very small percent of them qualify for the surveys. If you have games that can be registered you should get something from them and not have to do a survey they might never add for that game. 15 points for the game and 15 points for a survey or something. Hadn't registered any DS or Wii retail games so currently going through them. But even then half the DS games I could register didn't have surveys and based on that list half the Wii games won't either.

EDIT: Oh yeah is the Smash Bros. Brawl code in the manual or something that I am missing? Bought the game new and sealed so it isn't like I bought it used and EB didn't put the thing in or something. So it should have it but all I have is the manual and no registration paper like all the other DS and Wii games.

EDIT 2: Ignore that last question.... I am just a moron and forgot I had switched SSBB with another case since the case got cracked and I had left the registration code in the other case :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
When you log into your Club Nintendo account, the surveys will show up on your to-do list.

As for Wii Shop games, apparently they are "post-play surveys". Someone on NeoGAF has a post-play survey for Secret of Mana on his to-do list, but it won't let him do the survey.

Also, it is only "select" and recent Nintendo published Wii/DS games that count for retroactive registration.

From their FAQ:

Games Released December 2008 and After
All Wii and Nintendo DS games published by Nintendo in December 2008 and after can be registered and will qualify for surveys.

It isn't just the most recent games. From December onward is all first party games but before December is totally random. Some more recent games don't have surveys while games older than them do. Then there are games that are out of print with surveys while games still in print don't have them and you would think they would want to sell those games. It isn't like it would be too hard to add surveys for all the retail games that you can register for DS and the Wii. VC games I can understand but if the games have the registration code and can be registered on the site it doesn't make sense that you can't get coins for them. Only one of my Wii games didn't have the survey while the DS seems to be more plagued with games lacking surveys.

Will try playing the Wii shop games later to see if the survey comes up or not. They show up under my registered games and to do list but there is no survey to do.

Not that it really matters anymore since I finished with 1040 coins and got the Game and Watch collection leaving me with 240 and needing a fair bit more points for the next thing I would want and Wii shop games are only worth 10 points. If all my Wii shop games counted then it would add up but with only a few it isn't worth many coins even if I never have the survey show up.

Wonder what the platinum status reward will end up being at the end of June.

I've got a Phantom Hourglass PIN if anyone wants to trade for one of the following:

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Crosswords DS
Diddy Kong Racing
Electroplankton
Elite Beat Agents
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Planet Puzzle League
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Yoshi's Island DS

Wii
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Endless Ocean
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Party 8
Mario Super Sluggers

Not to steal your thunder, AgtGibb, but I also have a Phantom Hourglass PIN if anyone would be willing to exchange it for one of:

Big Brain Academy
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Diddy Kong Racing
Electroplankton
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Planet Puzzle League
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Yoshi's Island DS

[quote name='boba_fett300']Are the pins unique? Or can we all just share it?[/quote]

They are unique pin numbers.

Anybody order something and have it ship yet? My Game and Watch Collection has said they have been preparing the order for shipping since December 19th which seems odd.

bread's done
Back