Canadian Request: Asterix @ Walmart

mkrowe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hello fellow Canadian CAGs,

I'm desperately looking for a game that came out for Xbox 360 and apparently in Canada was only sold at Walmart. It's called Asterix at the Olympics. I believe it was out at Walmart and the end of October.

I've called about 6-7 Walmarts within a 50km radius of my house and some were really nice and I think genuinely checked for me, and others I'm not so sure. I've been checking the local ones myself (London, Ontario) and also digging through the bins. Walmart has no computerized inventory that I know of, and their website says to just call store departments to check inventory.

So, I'm hoping some fellow CAGs have seen this somewhere and can help me get a hold of this game. Thanks in advance for any help!

I actually remember seeing this in the store by my house, but it was quite some time ago. Last time I was there I didn't notice it (it definitely stood out, I hadn't heard of it - and Asterix?!), but next time I'm in I'll definitely keep an eye out for it for you.

Thanks Craig64... I think you were looking for MOH: Airborne recently, let me know if you are still looking as I have seen it around here in the Walmart bins.

I'm feeling a bit dejected after calling another 9 walmarts this morning with all the responses the same: no sorry, we don't have that. Ugh. None of them actually remember ever having the game.

I did get more information from someone who bought it there in the fall, the game was sold in the new release case, and was $49.99.

Yup, when I last saw it it was in the new release case, and I didn't notice the price but it was probably $49.99. I still haven't been out that way due to the fact that I don't really trust my car in this weather (Edmonton is basically a skating rink right now), but next time I'm over there I will take a look. I'm still planning on MOH eventually, but I guess we'll see what happens when I actually check out the store. Damn this weather....

Yes, I believe that's the same Asterix. I can't help but want it because it's an NTSC release I somehow missed! I don't even know what the game is really about, just that I want it! ;)

Here's a link to the box art: http://i33.tinypic.com/286yzc.jpg
Although that picture shows PAL... the version sold in our Walmarts was NTSC. If anyone finds it, please let me know, I'll of course pay completely + shipping, etc.

Thanks for the responses! I did actually check 2 Zellers stores a with no luck. I did however get a friend out in Edmonton to find me a copy at a Walmart though, so I am good now!

bread's done
Back