Canadians who mail games

Umm, what the hell? Even when I'm sending some regular paper materials (like a magazine or something) I wrap it with some corrugated cardboard so Canada Post can't fold the hell out of it... This is just stupid :whistle2:s

that is unreal
Canada Posts services are bad enough as it is but this is ridiculous

$3.92 to send a game with no DC or insurance

[quote name='ragnar14']It's not a fuel issue. Shipping a 100 g CD doesn't take more fuel than shipping 100 g of paper.[/quote]

i think its rather the fuel used to deliver the items that is causing them to raise prices.

[quote name='trixR4kids']i think its rather the fuel used to deliver the items that is causing them to raise prices.[/quote]

I doubt it. The sheer amount of games/cds/dvds being sent through the mail these days is huge, and even slight increases would increase revenue by a very very large margin. With rates increased like this, they'll be raking in millions extra no problem. Fuel is just a convenient justification for them.

This sucks hard. I used to sell a lot of my sold games through amazon.ca and relied on the fact that it wasn't too expensive to ship the dvd sized cases. Is there an inexpensive alternative to shipping games with cases?

[quote name='sh10151']This sucks hard. I used to sell a lot of my sold games through amazon.ca and relied on the fact that it wasn't too expensive to ship the dvd sized cases. Is there an inexpensive alternative to shipping games with cases?[/quote]

there wont be after this rate change. Lettermail is the cheapest options as of now

I wonder if this rate change has anything to do with the new copyright bill they introduced. Made it impossible for anyone to legally listen to/watch anything they didn't pay anything for, and then this even curbs the second hand market for used media.

Hell, this is all getting worse than school textbooks.

[quote name='Bamm']I wonder if this rate change has anything to do with the new copyright bill they introduced. Made it impossible for anyone to legally listen to/watch anything they didn't pay anything for, and then this even curbs the second hand market for used media.

Hell, this is all getting worse than school textbooks.[/quote]

I think that's a bit of a stretch

probably new machines that they can only feed bendable stuff through, and the non-bendable packages have to be sorted seperately.. that's Canada Post for you, always trying new things to make everyone's life harder

[quote name='magiic']I think that's a bit of a stretch[/quote]

But I'm sure there could be a few lurkers who do think it's all a government plot, and might have even more insight for us....

The things I leave as bait for entertainment :)

bread's done
Back