Canceled games you'd like to see revived?

Dreadnought10

CAG Veteran
Multiplayer Battletech: 3015
Aliens RPG
Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans
Dune Generations
Star Trek: Secrets of Vulcan Fury
Tiberium
Command & Conquer: Continuum
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Incursion
Command & Conquer: Renegade 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III
Star Wars: Imperial Commando
Vernost
Cube 2: Eisenstern
Star Wars: Smuggler
Sonic X-treme
Kirby (GameCube)
Castlevania: Resurrection
City of the Dead
Total Annihilation II
Warhammer: Dark Crusaders
Alien vs Predator: Nightmare on Ryushi
Stargate SG-1: The Alliance
Stargate (SNES)
Halo MMO
Star Trek: Insurrection
Star Trek: Nemesis
Medal of Honor: Fighter Commander
Jurassic Park: Survival
True Fantasy Live Online
Star Fox 2
Super Mario World 3
64 Wars
Dinosaur Planet
Space Shuttle Project 64
Star Fox 64 2
Super Mario 64 2
Survivor: Day One
Echo Delta
Animal Crossing 2
Donkey Kong Racing
Dead Rush
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble 2
Meowth's Party
Super Mario 128
Unity
Halo DS
Ultima Worlds Online: Origin
Dungeon Keeper 3
Zero-G Marines
Hollow
Castlevania: The Bloodletting
Network Biohazard
EXO
Killing Day
Endless Saga
Alpha Protocol 2
Duke Nukem: Endangered Species
Stargate Worlds

Postponed Games That Should Be Unpostponed
StarCraft: Ghost
Hybrid
Duke Nukem Forever
Firefly MMO
Buffy the Vampire Slayer MMO
Half-Life 2: Episode Three

[quote name='Dreadnought10']Games[/QUOTE]

Did you really find it necessary to post that on 6 different forums?

DN: Forever is confirmed live and well, so cross that off your list.

Shenmue 3
trollface.jpg

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned[/QUOTE]

This!

And, KotoR3 was not cancelled...It's now The Old Republic.

The Phantasy Star Sega Ages remakes that got released in Japan but never came over here. And I'd like to see Dragon Quest VI on DS come out here in the states, although it's not officially canceled... but the release date has been "TBA" forever.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Mech Assault (revival)[/QUOTE]

Oh Hell yeah. Something like the first game. Holy crap I killed a ton of time online playing "Not It!"

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Shenmue 3[/QUOTE]

I'm playing through Shenmue 2 at the moment and I'm right at the end on the road to Bailu village. It's very slow but for some reason it's my favorite part of the game. Occasionally I read up about the recent developments with the series. Suzuki really wants to finish the story. With the new Shenmue City cellphone game and Ryo's inclusion in Sega Racing it shows that Sega hasn't forgotten about the series.

I think Shenmue 3 would be perfect as a downloadable game contained as episodes.

I was curious about This is Vegas..

Eight Days
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDOZvKWXDP4

The REAL Resident Evil 2 (don't get me wrong, I love what they came out with.. I just want to play this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTmDqp62ctg

The REAL Resident Evil 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMBfgHLkIMo

Division 9 (this was pitched years before Left 4 Dead - it was their attempt to take the SWAT franchise in a new direction)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-cPOtpHkeg

Redwood Falls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-eB-oCWsq4

There was some game where you were underground after a nuclear war and had to explore and scavenge for food (think Fallout but without the artillery). I forgot the name and developer though.

[quote name='jman619']This. That shit looked awesome. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style on the Playstation has the same game engine.

Stacraft Ghost does not need to be "unpostponed." the game was crap. Blizzard made the right move.

[quote name='Rozz']Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style on the Playstation has the same game engine.[/QUOTE]
Except that it featured hip hop crap music and members of the Wu-Tang Clan as fighters. I would rather see the original resurrected from it's grave than play through that abortion of a game any more.

If not for the sale of Virgin Interactive by Richard Branson to EA so close to the release date of the game it would have likely released and been a Mortal Kombat killer.

But we will never know....just like we'll never know why EA stopped releasing games in the 'Strike' series. The last game released in the same vein as those titles was Future Cop LAPD 2100 and that too was atrocious.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that it featured hip hop crap music and members of the Wu-Tang Clan as fighters. I would rather see the original resurrected from it's grave than play through that abortion of a game any more.[/QUOTE]
Thrill Kill would have also been an abortion. It was almost the same game. The music is irrelevant - turn off the sound and it would play very similar. The gore wouldn't have changed that.

If not for the sale of Virgin Interactive by Richard Branson to EA so close to the release date of the game it would have likely released and been a Mortal Kombat killer.
It would have been released and quickly forgotten, just like Time Killers was, another shitty fighting game that thought it would get by on gore/shock value alone.

I have to agree. If not for the controversy surrounding the game because of its cancellation it would have just been another crappy forgotten PSX game. There are hundreds upon hundreds of crappy obscure PSX games that no one remembers and this would just have been another one of those.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Thrill Kill would have also been an abortion. It was almost the same game. The music is irrelevant - turn off the sound and it would play very similar. The gore wouldn't have changed that.

It would have been released and quickly forgotten, just like Time Killers was, another shitty fighting game that thought it would get by on gore/shock value alone.[/QUOTE]
I remember Time Killers as well and from what I've seen of Thrill Kill in videos and such it probably would have been quickly forgotten if not for the controversy surrounding it.

[quote name='Rozz']Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style on the Playstation has the same game engine.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this, but decided to look through the rest of the thread and saw you beat me to it. Yeah, that game pretty much blew, and I'm sure Thrill Kill would have, too. It might have been slightly more interesting, simply due to its extreme nature, but the actual game play likely would have blown as bad as the Wu-Tang game.

An F-Zero sequel, which expands on the racing perfection of F-Zero GX. Heck, if Sega/Nintendo kept the same finely tuned engine, removed exploits like snaking, updated the graphics, enabled online, and added in new courses, I'd be wholly satisfied.

It's long overdue, considering that each nintendo home console, minus the NES and Wii, has its own f-zero.

I've had a Dreamcast BLEEM! Thrill Kill torrent sitting at 27% for like 2 years in Vuze. I never did get to play a burn of Thrill Kill...

WAY back in the day, 1997ish, there was a "Road Rash on Snowboards" game called Shred-Fest that was being worked on, and was previewed in EGM, Ultra Game Players, and GamePro. It never saw the light of day. I'd have played that...

But really, I'd kill for an updated Road Rash game, even if it was just on XBLA/PSN.

bread's done
Back