cancelling xbox live membership?

Just log into your account if I remeber right, and cancel it. Or mayby I had to call the xbox live number...I did it long ago so I forget.

The problem is that if you used a credit card to pay for live, MS will tell you that they can't remove your information from their system. They will only stop your current service. Thus they still have all of your information.

[quote name='screwkick']The problem is that if you used a credit card to pay for live, MS will tell you that they can't remove your information from their system. They will only stop your current service. Thus they still have all of your information.[/QUOTE]

Good thing credit cards have expiration dates then .

i think there's also an option within the xbox live menu to turn off auto renew and you'll revert to a silver account.

Off to check on this, I want to keep gold but I know I can score a better deal than what MS would stick me with.

EDIT - It doesn't look like it ever auto-renews. It specifically states that I purchased by current time (12 months) with an Xbox live pre-paid card. There is a credit card attached to my account but I didn't see anything about it renewing after my time is up.

[quote name='Mister Switch']why would they put your credit card on their website?[/QUOTE]

some people (original xbox LIVE users) had to have a credit card to start a LIVE accounts even though I had a 12 month pre-paid card/code (thanks again Mountain Dew Points Promotion). Once we bought a X360 our remaining time was added on to it as Gold subscripition.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Just log into your account if I remember right, and cancel it. Or mayby I had to call the xbox live number...I did it long ago so I forget.[/QUOTE]

I had to call Live customer support & request "auto renew" be taken off my account.

1-800-4MY-XBOX

bread's done
Back