Can't block eBay payment from users without confirmed addresses?

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I use to sell a bunch of stuff on eBay, and I know I had everything set up so that I could not receive payments from users that did not have a confirmed address on their PayPal account. I remember getting a couple of e-mails from people saying they couldn't pay me, and I had them set up a confirmed address. Then, everything worked.

Well, I sold a game before, and I realized I got a payment from an unconfirmed address. I dug through the cluttered PayPal options, and all I found was this:

Block Payments for the items not sold on eBay from U.S. users who do not provide a confirmed address:
Is this new? Are we now obligated to accept these payments when they come from eBay sales?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I use to sell a bunch of stuff on eBay, and I know I had everything set up so that I could not receive payments from users that did not have a confirmed address on their PayPal account. I remember getting a couple of e-mails from people saying they couldn't pay me, and I had them set up a confirmed address. Then, everything worked.

Well, I sold a game before, and I realized I got a payment from an unconfirmed address. I dug through the cluttered PayPal options, and all I found was this:

Is this new? Are we now obligated to accept these payments when they come from eBay sales?[/QUOTE]

More or less yes.

Ebay doesnt give a shit about sellers really.

It goes right along with the fact sellers cant leave any feedback but positive, no neutral, no negative, only positive. Ive gotten fucked 3 times by that fact. The last one some asshole won my auction despite it saying a special battery was needed for the item. So he won it, on the day he recieved it he demanded his money back, then left me a negative feedback, then filed a complaint with ebay, and ebay removed the money from my paypal account and gave it back to him. All because he didnt read my auction. So Im out the listing fee, Im out 3 weeks of time and all I have to show is a negative feedback ebay refuses to remove without a court order or unless it has my personal information in it.

Up till this joker came along I had 100% of over 1300 feedbacks, he only had 7 and ebay still didnt care what I had to say.

Yeah, I have to agree with that.

I was 0 for 3 on disputes at Amazon and they kicked me off permantly, all because I refused to give these people who claimed not to get their items their refund without them having to file a claim. You're going to lose unless you use UPS (or you can try Signature Confirmation if you use USPS, but even their help section hillariously notes that you should win disputes with SC, but they won't gurantee it. Ridiculous.

But OP, I had no idea about this. I can't really address your concern, but I appreciate the headsup to keep an eye out for unconfirmed addresses. Come to think of it, I did get one payment from an unconfirmed address. I asked him to confirm it and resend and he was very cordial about it, actually. I just thought it was a fluke with the listing.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I think they might have changed it since you can now get seller protection for unconfirmed addresses.[/QUOTE]

I did not know this. Thanks for the information. As I said, I really haven't sold anything in quite some time, except the occasional code that I don't want, so I really haven't kept up on this stuff.

bread's done
Back