Can't log in to CAG on my laptop

ave1

CAGiversary!
Ok, here's what happens: I get online via Roadrunner Broadband on my Windows XP laptop (which has just had a Norton virus scan) and enter my name on the front page of CAG along with the password. The screen changes and says "You logged in successfully, ave1" or something to that effect. I click the proceed button, and I'm taken to the front page of CAG where I'm apparently not recognized because it says enter user-name once again like it did before (instead of my the usual "Welcome, ave1"). I repeat the process, and still can't log in.

The same thing basically happens over at Gamefaqs, except that they don't have a screen which states "you have logged in successfully, ave1". On their website, I just can't get logged in.

This is the part where I go into Preferences in Internet Explorer and provide access for accepting all cookies. Even after doing this, the problem persists.

I'm over at the library today where I can get access to CAG (yes, my username and password are working just fine here). What's wrong with my computer? Can someone help me out?

Steve

You might want to check your firewall settings. If the security level is too high, it'll block all cookies, which will keep you from being logged in. Although, most default firewall settings shouldn't be this high.

Sounds like a cookie issue. Make sure your browser and firewall settings reflect upon a medium-security setting to allow some cookies.

bread's done
Back