Cant put my vita down lately, anyone else in the same boat?

EdgeOfThorns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Ive got my monster new 82" HD set, my consoles etc...and i have been hook line and sinkered with my vita since i bought it.

Sure i could of bought most of the games for ps3 perhaps, but its nice to spread out my gaming. Sure ill be day 1 for most new exclusives, but i gotta say the machine has impressed me in almost every aspect.

I love my 3DS, i got my DS and PSP still rocking, and the vita has me pumped for what we are going to see on this machine. So i wanted to just throw that out there, im really looking forward to its future. :cool:

Bougth my Vita for work, the bowl, the hammock, but I find myself sitting in bed, on the couch, laying around the house, playing it when I would normally be on the PS3. I have a huge PS3 back-log but I spend way more time on the Vita. Platinumed Disgaea, working on Uncharted now, going to play Escape Plan after that. So, yeah, I'm in the same boat. ;)

I don't have time right now for serious playing, but I do tend to pick it up every night before going to bed to play Montezuma Blitz. I played Uncharted and have several other games I mean to get around to someday. Might return to Rayman Origins....was having fun with that.

It's amazing...I haven't put it down either. I seem to have more time for handheld gaming these days (lunch time) anyway. I've finished Uncharted, Escape Plan, Mutant Blobs, and Ninja Gaiden already. I also have Rayman, Unit 13, Gravity Rush, and the Metal Gear Collection to go through. I just keep grabbing games for it since I know they will get played on this great device.

Not to mention I've put time into Hot Shots, Lumines, Mortal Kombat, Pinball Arcade and UMVC3 as well. I have all my PSP digital games on there as well. Regardless of how it's selling or whatever people say about the device I feel as if I've already gotten a lot out of this very capable machine.

Not to knock the 3DS but hardware-wise the VITA has made me hate the slow menus on the 3DS as well as the brightness\size of the screen. It finally really feels like holding a portable console.

Same boat. I've been all over it lately playing Hot Shots Golf trying to get crowns.

Starting Resistance and Gravity Rush soon, I bought the MGS HD collection but I realized I'd rather play it mainly on the big screen/surround sound for the epic moments and sound.

Add me at BrownThunder85 if anyone wants to compare scores on Stardust or Golf or soon, Resistance.

Well whats going to bring the 3DS back for me is the XL thats coming out. I LOVE my DS XL, and the regular 3DS just doesnt quite grab me like those larger screens do so that will help.

Ive also loved getting trophies more on the vita than i do on my ps3, weird i know.

Just finished playing Gravity Rush and damn that was a good game. Totally justifies my Vita purchase for me. Also with the YouTube app out now, I see myself using my Vita even more now.

I'm in the same boat. With my job and kids, I was lucky to get an hour a week of gaming time on my PS3. I ended up selling my PS3 because it wasn't seeing any use. Since I got my Vita, I have had more gaming time than I've had in years. The portability of it and the fact I can just fire it up on the couch with my family, in my bed, on a long ride, etc. makes it really appealing to me. I have six games for it, but most of my time is consumed with HSG online. The Youtube app is now icing on the cake. It has definitely been well worth the price, and I'm excited to see what is in store for this system.

ive been playing it switching it back and forth with the ps3 and just bought mvc3 and several psp games and got a 32 gb card. so much money @.@. ill be using constantly to my trip to NC next month.

Yep. Got my Vita two thursdays ago and I've barely put it down since. I spent around 12hrs on batman 2 a few days after it came out lol. I can't bring myself to play my ps3 anymore, it feels so wrong just being anchored down by the tv instead of playing the Vita while some show is going on in the background.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Just finished playing Gravity Rush and damn that was a good game. Totally justifies my Vita purchase for me. Also with the YouTube app out now, I see myself using my Vita even more now.[/QUOTE]

I need to get that. I was keying it charge today, then I was called into work...ugh, need the monet though. I have roughly eight games for the Vita, and I primarily fool around with the apps.I don't cadre what anyone says, I having a lot of fun with Little Deviants. I thought the augmented reality stage was so awesome!

I bought it two days ago and absolutely love the thing! I haven't fired up the ps3 the last two days, when I rarely go a day without it, except to pass everything over to my vita! Can't wait to start seeing more vita game deals to build up the collection :D

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I need to get that. I was keying it charge today, then I was called into work...ugh, need the monet though. I have roughly eight games for the Vita, and I primarily fool around with the apps.I don't cadre what anyone says, I having a lot of fun with Little Deviants. I thought the augmented reality stage was so awesome![/QUOTE]

Wait a second, did a Vita owner just say he/she doesn't own Gravity Rush? That's not possible! I order you to purchase this amazing game soldier!

[quote name='jwk94']Wait a second, did a Vita owner just say he/she doesn't own Gravity Rush? That's not possible! I order you to purchase this amazing game soldier![/QUOTE]

I haven't picked it up yet either - I'm actually trying to finish up same games I already have before I pick up anything else. I'm going to take a stab at finishing the plats on HSG and Rayman first (and hopefully I'll find someone to do a quick modok match in umvc3 with me someday so I can get my plat there).

Dunno why, just decided I wanted to try to plat any vita games I could within reason.

I love the MLB The Show games, and I used to spend a lot of time on the PSP version, but the Vita version is much better, and very close to the PS3 version. I haven't played my PS3 since I've picked up the Vita, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. If the same game was released simultaneously on both consoles, I would choose the Vita version, barring something that made it unplayable.

It has become my console of choice. The ease and convenience of it is why i am such a huge fan of it. I can't wait for PS1 games and also future Vita releases. Looking forward to Persona 4 and Ragnarok Odyssey.

Been playing Disgaea 3 non-stop. I already have D3 on PS3 but I find myself sitting on the couch playing D3 Vita watching tv/movies on Netflix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rented Unit 13, thought i would hate it, the game rocks. The controls are excellent, it's actually quite difficult and the plat should take a while. Might have to buy it for the online pass lol. So has anybody else not played their PS3 for more than a few minutes since getting their Vita?

I love the Vita. I also own the 360, PS3, and 3DS. I rarely play my consoles now, and I am about to sell my 3DS. I can't stop playing Final Fantasy Tactics. There are so many cheap games I bought online that I haven't really gotten into the Vita games yet. It is kinda nice, this way I can wait for game prices to drop :)

[quote name='Bezerker']Been playing Disgaea 3 non-stop. I already have D3 on PS3 but I find myself sitting on the couch playing while D3 Vita watching tv/movies on Netflix.[/QUOTE]

Same here!
This is my first Disgaea experience after hearing it was like Final Fantasy Tactics and I absolutely love it :D

Playing a lot of Unit 13. I really enjoy the game. I like how the mission setup makes it a perfect portable game for my Lunch break at work. I also really enjoyed Rayman Origins. That game was amazing on the Vita.
I think after I finish Unit 13 I am going to move onto Gravity Rush and Dynasty Warriors.

glad to see all the love!

I will be buying the AC bundle on Oct. 30th, and hopefully PSOne titles will be playable by then too :bouncy:

bread's done
Back