Cant say Im going to the movie theatres anymore

I live about 45 minutes from Hollywood, CA (sadly). The local theater know charges $10.25. I get payed $16.00 an hour. My friends call me all the time and want to see a Movie I never go with them. I think its the biggest waste of money. I am not big on movies. I would take TV and interent any day.

I hear on the news about record profit at the box office but less people are going to see movies. This is because when the average price of a movie ticket is $10.25 nation wide it doesnt take a lot of people to see a movie for record profit.

What they are doing isnt much different then what the gas companys are doing. They keep pushing the price Ceiling and people continue to pay for it.

you think that was bad?? here is mine.....

3 years ago when Alien Vs Predator came out I was sitting in the back and there were about maybe 15-20 people in the theater. About 10 minutes into the movie, this black couple comes in late and apparently they brought there toddler. Although I didn't hear a peep out of that baby, sometime 45-60 mins into the movie, the couple started doing something. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw the mother put some sort of large whitish thing into the cup holder roughly two seats to my right. When i got the chance I saw it was the BABY's diaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?! talk about being lazy and nasty.

Thank god AvP was a shitty movie or else that event would have been ruined my experiance.

$11 here in nyc
but I have started going to 11am sunday shows
they cost $6, the theatre is practically empty, there are no lines anywhere and it is a much more enjoyable experience from start to end

I sent an email to Cinemark through their site and told them about what went down etc etc and they replied saying if I gave them my address, they would send me 2 vouchers for future use.

i think i've been lucky.. haven't had any notable experiences in packed theaters.

i do think watching a movie on a humongous screen, theatre packed to the gills is a unique experience that is special in its own way. watching a DVD at home is nice as well, but different even with a high end HT setup.

I think I too am one of the lucky ones to have a decent movie experience. I don't typically see movie very often (maybe 3 times a year), but those 3 times of the year are always pretty nice. I think it's because I don't get shitty crowds very often. In fact, one of the best crowds I was with was during Clerks 2. It seemed like everyone already knew the inside jokes, so it was nice laughing with people who knew the same things you did.

I don't remember the crowd for Superman, though, seeing as how my soul was leaving my cold, lifeless body.

I saw Clerks 2 in the theatre as well. I guess its a diff type of crowd but that was a good experience and you can tell it was mostly fans.

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']Like Frisky said, the cheap theaters that show movies weeks after they're out of regular theaters are a good way to enjoy a movie. The one here in Ashland is $2.50 matinee or $3.50 regular.[/quote]
The theater I used to go to had matinees for $.50 about an hour after I got out of school, which was a great way to see a bunch of movies on the cheap. I think I paid full price ($6.50) for maybe two movies the whole year.

My friends told me about what happened when they saw Pirates 3. Apparently, there was some idiot that was sneezing uncontrollably throughout the whole movie who wouldn't leave, so it was a bad experience for them.

The last movie I saw in the theater was 300, thought before that it was King Kong. I usually have good experiences in the theater, but I would much rather just wait for movies to come out on DVD so I can pay nearly the same price to watch a movie as often as I want.
I was pretty excited to see Spider-Man 3, but I haven't seen it yet. I was also excited to see Reno 911 Miami since it's one of my favorite shows, but once again I haven't seen it yet, and now I'll just have to wait for the DVD. I may go see Transformers though, since I've been thinking about seeing it way more then I did the other two.
Even if I don't see Spider-Man or Transformers in the theaters, I'm sure I'll be going to the next Batman flick next year, since Begins was a really great movie and Batman is my favorite superhero.

[quote name='vherub']$11 here in nyc
but I have started going to 11am sunday shows
they cost $6, the theatre is practically empty, there are no lines anywhere and it is a much more enjoyable experience from start to end[/QUOTE]

Sunday morning shows are the way to go. Eliminates the church crowd and the heavy party crowd

After seeing 300, it made me realize that IMAX really isn't worth it (since I saw it in IMAX). $15 for a movie that I could've enjoyed exactly the same at a normal theater for a "normal" price made me go back to normal theaters once and for all.

the only movie i ever talked through and disrespected was Chariots Of Fire but that was my parents fault for taking me to that when i was too you to give a toss about it

i spent most of the time drinking my drink and eating popcorn in slow, slow motion while a friend hummed the Chariots Of Fire theme song

kids today though.. that's totally different. b/c it's not me. when i did it, it was funny.

I rarely go to the theater anymore, and when I do, like most of you, I hit the morning matinee on a school day to avoid all the morons. My wife pretty much flat out refuses to go to the theater so when I go it is by myself.

The sad thing is that the movie theater experience can be really great. There is nothing like seeing a comedy or action movie in which the entire audience is riding the highs and lows together. The problem is that experience is far from the norm.

The best movie experience I have ever had was the midnight opening of Army of Darkness. It was all Evil Dead fans and it was a blast.

I remember at the most recent academy awards show, some jackass was spouting off about how seeing a movie on "the big screen" is an experience you can't get at home. He's right, I can't get crowds of dickheads onto my couch talking on their cell phones and acting like douchebags for the entire movie - and that's exactly how I like it.

Recently my theater experience have been terrible. Some couple brought their 2 year old and 4 year old into "300". The movie was so loud that is scared the kids and they were crying during the most intense parts of the film. Why would you bring such young children to such a violent film? I find it better to just take a day off of work and watch a movie during the weekdays. Too bad kids will be out of school now the summer is here.

bread's done
Back