Capcom Asks: What Games Should We Bring Back?

I'm not so concerned about the What as I am the HOW.

That is to say, retro-style vs HD-remake and digital distribution vs disc @ retail.

I hope that one day enough of them are available that Capcom will put them on some sort of compilation disc.

Final Fight
Powerstone
Rival Schools
Dungeons and Dragon
Darkstarkers
Strider
DuckTales
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Megaman Legends
Dino Crisis(with new resident evil controls)

also Strider should be done just like Bionic Commando. Remake of the old game (NES version please...which sucked, but could be awesome if fine tuned/not glitchy) along with a 3D reboot of the series. But I'd like to see it made by one of Capcom's Japanese teams and not Grin /racist

[quote name='fatbeer']Final Fight
Powerstone
Rival Schools
Dungeons and Dragon
Darkstarkers
Strider
DuckTales
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Megaman Legends
Dino Crisis(with new resident evil controls)[/quote]

dino crisis with re 5 controls and gaming would be awesome. and i agree with you on the cartoon games ducktale and the rescue ranger series was the shit.

Demon's Crest

And it isn't that old but I'm going to also say Viewtiful Joe. Since Clover Studio disbanded I'm just really wondering if there will ever be another one. I hope so.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sniping_dreamer']I know it sounds crazy...but the old DuckTales/Chip N' Dale platforming games made by Capcom back then.

Chip N' Dale was amazing co-op.[/quote]

Don't forget Darkwing Duck...that game just as awesome too.

[quote name='Rig']Rival Schools/Project Justice!

Seriously, Project Justice on the DC was fantastic.[/QUOTE]
Hell yes! Project Justice is probably my most played fighter ever.

I've given up hope of ever seeing another Breath of Fire. BoF Dragon Quarter was one of my favorite RPGs of the PS2. It's probably better for the series to end with that game anyways.

a 3d darkwing duck game would be sweet i didnt like the nes one and itd be cool to see st kanard in full 3d. that could make for some amazing boss battles.

[quote name='cletus']I've given up hope of ever seeing another Breath of Fire. BoF Dragon Quarter was one of my favorite RPGs of the PS2. It's probably better for the series to end with that game anyways.[/quote]

NOOOO.

If I learned anything from this year's presidential election, is not to lose hope!

PLEASE Capcom, please make a new Breath of Fire game! While I appreciate the teasin' you've been doing with the new manga and cell-phone game, I wanna see a new addition to this series!

(I LOVED Dragon Quarter too)

I can't get the website to work, but I definitely wanna see Breath of Fire, Strider, and Rival Schools!!

yes!

Chip n Dale, Ducktales, and Darkwing Duck are games that I've played the shyt out of!!

the only one I havent spent much time with is Ducktales 2...

also, Talespin and Little Mermaid were quality games as well, tho not as good as the first 3 mentioned

Alien Vs. Predator (the arcade game... quite possibly the deepest beatemup ever made)
Darkstalkers
And of course, Marvel vs. Capcom

Mega Man X? - I think MMX deserves a 16-bit sequel. I think the next installment would be X10 now right? :drool:

Darkstalkers - I think this one should be re-booted following the route that SNK is taking the next KOF.

Powerstone - I'm pretty sure that if they released PS1 & PS2 as games on LIVE/PSN(w/ updated multiplayer support) that the proceeds would pay for the development for a PS3.

Rival Schools, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO - LIVE/PSN It's all about online multiplayer & achievements/trophies isn't it?

Aliens vs. Predator, Knights of the Round, Avengers, Dungeons and Dragon - Side scrolling beat em' ups w/ local & online multiplayer and achievements/trophies :bouncy:

A lot of other good titles were mentioned, but I these I would really love to see. On a side note I was just checking wikipedia to refresh my memory as to what Capcom has released and they have a pretty sizable chunk of stuff that would do relatively well on LIVE/PSN/VC

[quote name='JEKKI']yes!

Chip n Dale, Ducktales, and Darkwing Duck are games that I've played the shyt out of!!

the only one I havent spent much time with is Ducktales 2...

also, Talespin and Little Mermaid were quality games as well, tho not as good as the first 3 mentioned[/quote]

aw man a 3d tailspin game would be so damn cool. action and adventure with deliveries and air races.

587253_39539.jpg

U.N. Squadron would be interesting as well, now that Area 88(?) has been released on DVD in North America.

True, true. That is why I neglected to mention them in my first reply. Well, that reason, and I guessed everyone else would list them.

I think Capcom also made the Punisher arcade game. I would dig a HiDef release of that game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I doubt the Disney titles would happen...Disney licensing rights and all.[/quote]

yeah but those properties mentioned havent been on air for a while now so they could be easy to obtain bt we can all dream and pray if they ever did come to pass they would end up on all systems not just one.

I just asked for an XBLA 2D beat 'em up. Any of the old franchises simply ported OR a newly developed CAPCOM All-Stars 2D beat 'em up. Doubt that will happen though.

They need to give Final Fight another shot. The Streetwise game wasn't very good and dosen't do the series any justice. Everyone loves online beat em' ups. My suggestion: keep the gameplay simple. Have a ton of characters and a bunch of returning faces & hidden characters. Multiple paths kinda like the D&D beat em' ups should ramp up that replay value.

bread's done
Back