Capcom Fighting Evolution $19.99 at ebgames.com

this game is horrible! it's not even worth a rental. (and i had the game pass from blockbuster too...waste of a day)

[quote name='evo t rex']Still not worth it.

Possibly the final nail in the coffin containing Capcom's 2D fighting games.[/QUOTE]

Well don't forget the Street Fighter Alpha 3 PSP port, but in general it looks like 2d fighters from Capcom will be rare. I say they should make a FINAL 2d fighter, perhaps SF4? And be done with it. If not, then thats why we have SNK who will continue to make 2d fighters for many years to come.

I played this at a friends, and with the Xbox version being *online* I think I rather wait for the XBox version to drop to $19.99 or less, and even at $20 this game isn't worth it. Wait till it hits $10ish.

Please be a permanent price drop, please be a permanent price drop. Go to BB pick one up and GGC the bastard and it's all good.

What is so horrible about this game? I it just lack of effort?
It sucks that Capcom doesn't seem to care about 2D fighters anymore. SFA3 and SFIII were so good!
Thank goodness for Arc System Works and SNK.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']new marvel vs. capcom, if they can't get marvel, use DC comics just to spite them!!! >: D[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That'll bring DC alive in the video game world after their last two attrocius Batman games, the Aquaman game, that Catwoman game, basically any DC game that has been published this gen.

DC's a cool idea. Shit, why not a Marvel vs. DC. Those were good books. And then they have the Amalgam guys as unlockables.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']new marvel vs. capcom, if they can't get marvel, use DC comics just to spite them!!! >: D[/QUOTE]
Forget a Capcom VS game, what Capcom Fighting Evolution SHOULD have been is a Capcom All Star game with all their franchise characters with the Marvel VS Capcom engine. Marvel VS Capcom is so old that Capcom has so many new franchise characters to use - Devil May Cry, Maximo, Onimusha, Auto Modellista (Sega had fighting cars!), Megaman EXE, Shadow of Rome, etc. They can have such a great roster using their new guys, plus they barely scratched the surface with their older franchises. Like Resident Evil, and they really need to use the great rosters from Darkstalkers and Rival Schools. Capcom are you listening? Forget VS, just use the Tag Engine. Or wow us all with a VS Namco. Now that would be a dream come true!

[quote name='CouRageouS']Forget a Capcom VS game, what Capcom Fighting Evolution SHOULD have been is a Capcom All Star game with all their franchise characters with the Marvel VS Capcom engine. Marvel VS Capcom is so old that Capcom has so many new franchise characters to use - Devil May Cry, Maximo, Onimusha, Auto Modellista (Sega had fighting cars!), Megaman EXE, Shadow of Rome, etc. They can have such a great roster using their new guys, plus they barely scratched the surface with their older franchises. Like Resident Evil, and they really need to use the great rosters from Darkstalkers and Rival Schools. Capcom are you listening? Forget VS, just use the Tag Engine. Or wow us all with a VS Namco. Now that would be a dream come true![/QUOTE]

*sigh* I'd happily pay 100 bucks for this if they did it right.

If they indeed made that game, I should also demand some Guilty Gear quality graphics. I'm growing tired of Ryu's pixelated feet.

Indeed capcom should go for the higher resolution. I know their CPS II & III system wasn't built for it. But they need to make a CPS IV system now, complete with high resolution pixels. At least Guilty Gear quality, if not higher. I think we could go for 800x600 and not choke up the machines we got now.

What Capcom does with these vs games now and their 3D backgroudns is atrocious. Nice looking backgrounds, pixelated characters yanked straight out of their games, no anti-aliasing, no filtering, nothing. Morrigan in Capcom vs SNK 2 is atrociously hiddeous compared to the backgrounds (complete with a black border around her). I love me some Capcom vs SNK but that is just wrong man. SNK vs Capcom stinks, not enough choices / balance to choose which sort of game you love. Capcom vs SNK both companies did a fantastic job of representing each of their various fighting games styles in the Groove's. I havent' played SNK vs Capcom 2 yet, and I understand why they dont want to be exactly like Capcom vs SNK - no need for two quite simlar games. But SNK needs to pick it up, I know they're both responsible for both games, but whomever's name is first makes the biggest design decisions, not just character development.

It's fantastic playing as Capcom characters in CvS 2 with a King of Fighters 2001 style Groove.

I'll get this out of sheer need for more fighting games, but when its 10 bucks like everyone else is waiting :p.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']I prefer this over SVC Chaos horrible horrible fighter...[/QUOTE]
True, I didn't like that very much. It was very very stiff. Capcom Fighting Evolution isn't that bad but the name is just misleading, especially when most Capcom fighting games have loaded rosters. They should have just called this game Street Fighter Plus, cause all it has are Street Fighter characters plus a couple Darkstalkers and a couple Warzards.

Good point above about Power Stone. Theres also Viewtiful Joe, Dino Crisis, Killer 7s, Chaos Legion, and so many untapped Capcom franchises. In a perfect world we'll see the relationship with Namco grow from Namco X Capcom, and we can see a VS series with Namco's awesome franchises. They can start with 2D Capcom Tag Style, then later on a 3D Namco fighter style with a refined roster. I wanna play Dante, Ryu, and Maximo VS Kilik, Pacman, and Prince of Katamari. Or how bout Viewtiful Joe, Zero, and a Auto Modellista car VS the guys from Time Crisis and a Ridge Racer car? If anything even close to a Capcom All Star or Capcom Vs Namco game were to happen, I will wet my pants then change into another pair just wet them again.

[quote name='SDC']What is so horrible about this game? I it just lack of effort?
It sucks that Capcom doesn't seem to care about 2D fighters anymore. SFA3 and SFIII were so good!
Thank goodness for Arc System Works and SNK.[/QUOTE]

It plays like a cheesey Super Nintendo fighting game, and it's clear when playing it that the developers put very little effort into it.

I couldn't stand it, and I thought even SVC Chaos was fun!

Granted, Capcom has been known to make sequels that put prequels to shame, but that's not such a great thought because they would only have to make the sequel average to blow this one away.

Give me XBOX version for 9.99 and I'm all over it ... for about 5 minutes before I realize it stinks and I go back and play a better 2D fighter.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Well don't forget the Street Fighter Alpha 3 PSP port, but in general it looks like 2d fighters from Capcom will be rare. I say they should make a FINAL 2d fighter, perhaps SF4? And be done with it. If not, then thats why we have SNK who will continue to make 2d fighters for many years to come.

I played this at a friends, and with the Xbox version being *online* I think I rather wait for the XBox version to drop to $19.99 or less, and even at $20 this game isn't worth it. Wait till it hits $10ish.[/QUOTE]

even the xbox version of this game would be worth, at most, 5 dollars.
brand new.
shipped.

Man...I have a good feeling that EB will have this for $10 in no time, at which point I will probably jump on it, if for nothing other than the awesome boxart (it's got Felicia :)).

bread's done
Back