Caprica Season 1.0 $16, Season 1.5 $14.50 Deepdiscount.com

Good deal. I was trying to wait until a complete series or season box set came out but who knows when that will be. Not bad for $30 combined. Thanks OP!

[quote name='shrike4242']I think you'd see a "complete box set" about the same time you see the show appear on BluRay. Which would be never.[/QUOTE]

What makes you think they won't release it on blu-ray? That seems like a pretty reasonable assumption. Was the show really that bad? All I watched was the pilot "movie" back in the day. I will probably buy both these sets.

[quote name='Darknuke']What makes you think they won't release it on blu-ray? That seems like a pretty reasonable assumption. Was the show really that bad? All I watched was the pilot "movie" back in the day. I will probably buy both these sets.[/QUOTE]
More along the lines that its ratings were terrible, some airings near the end barely cracked 500K total viewers. Low ratings coupled with they are having to sell the DVDs for around $15 points do not much of a market for a blu-ray version. But I guess anything is possible, I never thought they would release Farscape on Blu-ray yet sure enough, coming out this November.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think you'd see a "complete box set" about the same time you see the show appear on BluRay. Which would be never.[/QUOTE]

Umm... Complete Series French release streets on 10/25/11...or 25/10/11, since it's French.

BAM!!

I guess "never"=October 25th...

[quote name='Darknuke']What makes you think they won't release it on blu-ray? That seems like a pretty reasonable assumption. Was the show really that bad? All I watched was the pilot "movie" back in the day. I will probably buy both these sets.[/QUOTE]SyFy is a bit dense about putting shows that were shot natively in HD on BluRay. Stargate Atlantis was a nice surprise to see a complete series set on BluRay and Sanctuary has been out on BluRay. Stargate Universe was supposed to come out on BluRay in the US and it was pulled, then was pulled from UK release, even though it was a Region B-only release. Caprica is another one that should have received a BluRay release in the US and it hasn't seemed likely for a while with poor ratings.

[quote name='guardian_owl']More along the lines that its ratings were terrible, some airings near the end barely cracked 500K total viewers. Low ratings coupled with they are having to sell the DVDs for around $15 points do not much of a market for a blu-ray version. But I guess anything is possible, I never thought they would release Farscape on Blu-ray yet sure enough, coming out this November.[/QUOTE]I'd be surprised if it made it out on BluRay here in the US with the way they tried to bury it, then burn out the last five episodes in one night with little advance notice.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Umm... Complete Series French release streets on 10/25/11...or 25/10/11, since it's French.

BAM!!

I guess "never"=October 25th...[/QUOTE]If it's not region-free, it won't matter if it's released elsewhere or not.

EDIT: Blu-ray.com has a listing for it, showing it's Region B, with A & C untested:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Caprica-Blu-ray/25928/

[quote name='shrike4242']
I'd be surprised if it made it out on BluRay here in the US with the way they tried to bury it, then burn out the last five episodes in one night with little advance notice.
[/QUOTE]

They seriously pushed the last 5 new episodes in one night? Wow that is desperate...

I can understand that though. Battlestar was never meant to be a drama. It's always been meant to be a space opera... Personally I felt like Caprica totally abandoned the core audience and that's really why I never watched it on TV.

I did order both seasons though. I do want to see them, eventually.

[quote name='Darknuke']They seriously pushed the last 5 new episodes in one night? Wow that is desperate...

I can understand that though. Battlestar was never meant to be a drama. It's always been meant to be a space opera... Personally I felt like Caprica totally abandoned the core audience and that's really why I never watched it on TV.

I did order both seasons though. I do want to see them, eventually.[/QUOTE]It was on Tuesday nights at the end of last year when they were showing off the final half of the season, and then suddenly, they disappeared from the TV schedules everywhere.

Less than a week before they dumped all five episodes in one night, people started to post that Syfy was going to show the last five episodes in one chunk on one night, another Tuesday night right at the beginning of the year.

On the outside of the Season 1.5 package, I think there's a sticker that says "Includes the last five unaired episodes". At least, that's what I remember seeing the last time I was in Best Buy and picked up one of the boxes there.

[quote name='shrike4242']It was on Tuesday nights at the end of last year when they were showing off the final half of the season, and then suddenly, they disappeared from the TV schedules everywhere.

Less than a week before they dumped all five episodes in one night, people started to post that Syfy was going to show the last five episodes in one chunk on one night, another Tuesday night right at the beginning of the year.

On the outside of the Season 1.5 package, I think there's a sticker that says "Includes the last five unaired episodes". At least, that's what I remember seeing the last time I was in Best Buy and picked up one of the boxes there.[/QUOTE]

So was the show bad? I saw the intro movie for it. After watching it, I didn't really want to see more. I thought it was pretty bad. Is the rest of the show better? does the show end without a conclusion?

TV on Blu-ray is a really tough sell for whatever reason. White Collar and Burn Notice started out in Blu but are only doing DVD for future seasons. And some shows that have later seasons in Blu (Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me, for example) aren't getting any of their catalog seasons re-released onto Blu.

[quote name='Blaster man']So was the show bad? I saw the intro movie for it. After watching it, I didn't really want to see more. I thought it was pretty bad. Is the rest of the show better? does the show end without a conclusion?[/QUOTE]

The first half of the show was boring, but the second half really picked up the pace. Hell, the whole religious cult thing with Lacey and Clarice that I thought brought the show to a grinding halt actually got interesting in the second half. I also think they switched showrunners in the second half, which would explain a lot.

There's a thing at the end of the final episode which supposedly was going to serve as a glimpse into what was coming with future seasons, but actually works as a series capper.

bread's done
Back