Captain Rainbow $14.90 @ Play-Asia ($3.90 shipping)

I'd buy it too, especially at that price, but playing it in Japanese will remove the fun. I'll wait until the "supposed" European version so that I can at least play the game in English with the Twilighthack.

Oh man I want this, but my Wii is unable to play it. When I first heard of this game I got interested, and the concept stuff seemed hilarious.

I know I won't recognize most of the figures there, but there was something about a blurred-out object you have to retrieve from Birdo's bed that made me pray that this got localized along with Mother 3.

You know, it'd be nice if Nintendo had some class like Sony and made their system region-free, especially when the assholes refuse to release games like this here. I would love to buy this but it would mean getting a Japanese system.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']...So what is this game about. Psuedo-Viewtiful Joe or what?[/quote]

Taken from the deity of Wikipedia:
The main character "Nick" is able to transform into "Captain★Rainbow" a tokusatsu-styled superhero wielding a yo-yo, with a wish to restore his lost popularity. To restore his popularity, Nick ventures to Mimin Island; an island where wishes are said to come true, he'll meet a vast array of past minor Nintendo characters with their own dreams and wishes on his journey. The game features a stylized cartoon look similar to Skip's other games.

Gameplay:

The adventure part of Captain★Rainbow is set on enjoying the Island Life together with the other islanders. Nick can go fishing, bug catching and help the other Islanders with their requests. Most of the requests can lead to various mini-games, such as boxing, volleyball, fishing and golf. Helping islanders can get you special crystals, shaped like little stars, known as: "Kirarin" (”Sparklies”).
The action part is based around those crystals. Each time, if 20 Kirarin are collected, a star will fall from the sky. The star can be carried to an altar at the top of the Island where it will grant a wish. While carrying the star to the altar Nick is challenged by a mysterious Shadow who for unknown reasons wants the star for himself. If Nick succeeds in bringing the star to the altar there will be two choices left for him. He can either grant his own wish to become a popular hero again or grant the wish of one of the islanders and go back to finding other Kirarin.

I'd like to get it too, but it seems text intensive. I'll see if it's still at that price when I get my order from Play-Asia next week so that I can use the coupon for it (along with a PSP camera I'm going to buy).

Placed an order for Captain Rainbow and Tatsunoko vs Capcom! Thank god for the 5 dollar coupon they sent me recently :3

Awesome deal! In for two :) Not that I can read Japanese, but I HAVE to have a copy of this in my collection. Now if only I could get my hands on one of those Tingle games for the DS =P

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You know, it'd be nice if Nintendo had some class like Sony and made their system region-free, especially when the assholes refuse to release games like this here. I would love to buy this but it would mean getting a Japanese system.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 only plays non-NTSC games on HDTV's. Since the Wii isn't an HD console...

It's a shame it sold out so quickly already, otherwise I'd get it. Oh well, at least I saved money.

EDIT: Wow, what a tease. It's back at $65 already now that I checked half an hour later.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Skoad']The PS3 only plays non-NTSC games on HDTV's. Since the Wii isn't an HD console...[/QUOTE]

Uh, that makes no sense. Japanese games ARE NTSC. So I'm not sure what comparison you're trying to make here. My PS3 plays NTSC Asian or Japanese games just fine on a SDTV, whereas the Wii only plays American games and is completely region locked regardless of SD or HD.

bread's done
Back