Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

ajumbaje

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Seems like a good puzzle game ala zak and wiki on the wii.

Any info on a release date or month?

MSRP is tbd

Last edited by a moderator:
There had been no release date announced and no msrp. One site put $39.99 even though all the rest say $59.99 and everyone is assuming the cheaper price.

[quote name="The Questyen" post="12131202" timestamp="1412178302"]There had been no release date announced and no msrp. One site put $39.99 even though all the rest say $59.99 and everyone is assuming the cheaper price.[/quote]
Noted. Thanks

I have a good feeling that I'm going to love iss as I do most of Nintendo's platformers. I just wish I knew a little more about it.

This does look awesome. I really like Zack and Wiki too, although I thought the game was harsh in that if you messed up on a puzzle you had to redo the entire level. I hope captain toad doesn't do that.

Honestly, at this point, I almost feel that Nintendo could make the shittiest game on the planet, and it would still be a fuckton of fun.

I just beat the game last night, although I didn't beat all the bonus levels yet. It's one of my favorite games of the year honestly. So many creative levels. It's just a joy to play.

Any word on what amiibos work with this game?
No word yet. Hopefully different characters will unlock different bonus levels.

Sadly, I'm not going to get to play this until after christmas, because my wife is getting it from me for christmas.  The conversation leading up to buying this was (wife) "Do you think I'd like this?" (she isn't the most capable when it comes to games, but she can play some pretty well) (me) "Yeah, I definitely do, it looks like a lot of fun"  (her) "good get it for me for christmas" (me)  "SWEET!  I wanted to get it anyway."

I got this game like a week ago, and man, is it awesome. Graphics, level design, music, and characters are great. The camera gets a little bit tricky but you get use to it after awhile. Has a lot of content, and even more if you have a 3D World save file. 

I got this game like a week ago, and man, is it awesome. Graphics, level design, music, and characters are great. The camera gets a little bit tricky but you get use to it after awhile. Has a lot of content, and even more if you have a 3D World save file.
Then I shall pick it up.

Then I shall pick it up.
If you liked the Capt Toad levels in SM3DW, then you're gonna love this game.

The main story is short, but you keep unlocking levels by finding gems/diamonds. I say its well worth the $40 Nintendumb is asking.

EAD Tokyo never disappoints.

Now just give me Super Mario 64 HD, Nintendo!!!

I am pretty excited about it. Can't find the damn thing at Gamestop around here, but Walmart has one.

Is this sold out or something? It's just uncommon for NO Gamestops to have it in stock, and only 1 of the 5 Walmarts within 50 miles to have it.

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo would do a short print run on a game like that, but then again they did it with a lot of other ones. I'm not gonna bitch, unless it's not there for pickup tomorrow when I take grandma to get some groceries.

I am pretty excited about it. Can't find the damn thing at Gamestop around here, but Walmart has one.

Is this sold out or something? It's just uncommon for NO Gamestops to have it in stock, and only 1 of the 5 Walmarts within 50 miles to have it.

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo would do a short print run on a game like that, but then again they did it with a lot of other ones. I'm not gonna bitch, unless it's not there for pickup tomorrow when I take grandma to get some groceries.
It seems like Captain Toad is going the way of Pikmin 3 - always available on the eShop but (increasingly) hard to find in brick and mortar stores. Which is no fun for those of us who prefer retail copies of our games. I may end up having to buy the digital version of Pikmin 3 simply because none of the stores in my area have it any longer.

I noticed that if you have SM 3d world save data you get extra bonus levels.

not sure how it ties to which levels you get.

I noticed that if you have SM 3d world save data you get extra bonus levels.

not sure how it ties to which levels you get.
I have unlocked a few full SM3DW levels covered in coins in a separate mode from the normal game. I have a SM3DW save game. Does anyone else have access to SM3DW levels with/without a previous save?

I have unlocked a few full SM3DW levels covered in coins in a separate mode from the normal game. I have a SM3DW save game. Does anyone else have access to SM3DW levels with/without a previous save?
I can check when i get home they didn't show up till i looked at the menu but this was the first time i went back to the start screen after starting the game. I was curious if you only get the captain toad levels that you have completed in SM3DW or only if you 3 stared them or whatever it is that you do in them (i forget now). I have completed all levels except the really really high star requirement levels at the end.

You get 4 bonus Super Mario 3D World levels if you have Super Mario 3D World save data. That's the only way you can get them. There are also other bonus levels you get by beating regular levels and getting certain gem requirements.

I just opened up Episode 3 today. Are there any bonuses for getting 100% on every level? I have everything everywhere so far except for the boss battles. I also have the Mario 3D World levels.

I just opened up Episode 3 today. Are there any bonuses for getting 100% on every level? I have everything everywhere so far except for the boss battles. I also have the Mario 3D World levels.
Once you collect everything in a level and do the bonus objective, you unlock the challenge timer with accompanying challenge times for each level. Beat all the challenge times and collect everything for a level and receive a special stamps for each book.

When you collect every gem and pass every bonus objective, you unlock Mummy-Me Maze Forever. Complete that, and you get a special crown to wear. Complete the special objective in Mummy-Me Maze Forever (the objective is practically automatic if you beat it and get to floor 50), and unlock Unlimited Coins Galore.

You can earn another stamp for each chapter by finding the pixel Toad in each level by tapping your Toad amiibo at the beginning of each level.

bread's done
Back