Car Audio

Fatso2027

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Well, I finally got a car that is capable of having a nice sound system. I need to replace most of the sound equipment, speakers first, subs and amp next, and finally a new deck. I'm not really looking to spend a godly amount of money, but I don't want crap either. I also want to try to buy it B&M so I can easily return if necessary. Instalation isn't a problem, I know lots of people that are good with these kind of things. Thanks in advance.

Go to a store that specializes in this kind of stuff only. They usually have people who are knowledgable and have the equipment for you to hear. Also,what car do you have?

If you know a lot of people who know Car Audio why even make this thread?

Anywho. Buy Alpine. Good Stuff. Better then most of the junk out there today ( Sony, MTX, etc.... )

Well, my friends aren't good with picking out the equipment, just putting it in.
As for my car, it's a 1996 Lumina.
How much would it run me to get a nice setup of Alpine stuff? I was looking in the Bestbuy ad today and I saw they have all Infinity speakers and subs or amps, can't remember which, on sale, is Infinity good stuff?

[quote name='Fatso2027']Well, I finally got a car that is capable of having a nice sound system. I need to replace most of the sound equipment, speakers first, subs and amp next, and finally a new deck. I'm not really looking to spend a godly amount of money, but I don't want crap either. I also want to try to buy it B&M so I can easily return if necessary. Instalation isn't a problem, I know lots of people that are good with these kind of things. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

i just got a jvc kd-hdw10 deck that's hd built-in and added a $30 adapter that lets me control my ipod through the deck. it's so clear on the HD FM stations and the ipod control is amazing. $100 at crutchfield.com

Alpine or Blaupunkt for interior speakers, alpine head unit for good power/versatility (old blaupunkt decks for uglier looks, but waaaay more versatility), and yzen amps for cheap and criminally underrated power. Kicker CVR subs are a great price and rock solid.

How much would a decent set of Alpine speakers, Yzen amps, and CVR subs run me? I'm not looking to blow a ton of money, but I want quality too.
I hate to be a burden, but I'm looking on crutchfield, and all of this stuff is so technical. Would you mind showing me what i need? Thanks in advance to whoever helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually,Crutchfield has Excellent Customer Service. They should be able to help out. Call them. I'd like to repeat that going to a Car Audio shop only would help you out the most. They usually have the subs/speakers/tweeters in the store and you can listen to them. Pioneer, Alpine, Kicker are pretty much the best brands out there. I know I'm forgetting one though....

[quote name='snakelda']Actually,Crutchfield has Excellent Customer Service. They should be able to help out. Call them. I'd like to repeat that going to a Car Audio shop only would help you out the most. They usually have the subs/speakers/tweeters in the store and you can listen to them. Pioneer, Alpine, Kicker are pretty much the best brands out there. I know I'm forgetting one though....[/QUOTE]

Meh on Pioneer. Pioneer has good head units but their speakers are sub decent.

I love my setup, but it may be a little bit loud for some peoples taste.

Alpine Deck
Alpine Type S Tweeters, Woofers, and 6 x 9's
Alpine 4 Channel Amp
Alpine 1000 Watt Class D Amp
2 12" Rockford fosgate P3 Subwoofers
Custom Box
2 1 Fared Rockford Fosgate Capacitors
Monster Wiring

[quote name='Krohboy']I love my setup, but it may be a little bit loud for some peoples taste.

Alpine Deck
Alpine Type S Tweeters, Woofers, and 6 x 9's
Alpine 4 Channel Amp
Alpine 1000 Watt Class D Amp
2 12" Rockford fosgate P3 Subwoofers
Custom Box
2 1 Fared Rockford Fosgate Capacitors
Monster Wiring[/QUOTE]

Wow. You seem to have a pretty straight setup. Should have gone with the Type R Alpines though ;) Any chance you'd post pics?

Thanks for the info guys! I'll see if I can call Crutchfield today.
As for robbery, I live and work in the good parts of Des Moines, so I don't think that's muhc of an issue.

I suggest Infinity for speakers if you have not bought the speakers already. Also suggest you stay a way from sony products.

[quote name='uli2000']If you buy a reciever with HD radio built in (not HD radio ready) The HD radio group is offer a $50 MIR good for almost any hd radio.

http://www.hdradio.com/rebate/[/quote]

cool, thanks, didn't know that. sending it in...

So today,I get on my car to go home and notice that it deosn't sound the same. I immediately check the infinity Kappas (since I just got those) but they were good. I had doubts on it being the rear deck. Sure enough,I check when I get and 1 speaker is torn. Don't know when it happened!Good thing the replacements are here. Oh, and the speaker that got a hole were the stock ones.I remember the speakers that are also good: Infinity.

bread's done
Back