Car entushis, help is requested

SpartanWarrior

CAGiversary!
I have a 97 Black Mustang with Tinted windows(20% of light rays are let in, law is 35 here :) so shhhhh). All my friends think my car is awesome looking and sounding (Turbo and Speed chip is integrated into my car computer system) BUT they all agree that the stock rims are REALLLLY ugly and yes they look ugly, so I decided to make a purchase online for some nice rims

My factory rims are 15" Silver rims

I upgraded to these bad boys 18" [size=+1]18 x 9 Black Mustang Bullitt wheels with Chrome Lip.
http://oewheels.net/oe-3448-b-9-3-new.jpg

(same rims cost $250 EACH($1,000 for set) from the local Ford dealership) I got them for around 529 shipped. I thought I was smooth sailing until my mom and dad like those look awesome but what about the tires, damn then I heard they will cost around 500-700 for 4 tires to fit a 18 X 9 rim. so question is where online can I get all four tires below $500 after shipping? Links would be awesome
[/size]

A set of 18" tires is a bit of a stretch for $500, but it can possibly be done.

I run 18's on my car. The absolute cheapest I can find tires is roughly $90-110 each, and those are for an off brand tire with a speed rating not so good. You may try discount tire direct (www.discounttiredirect.com). They currently have free shipping on the tires. You can get some Kumho's for roughly 408 shipped. Don't forget you are going to need to have them mounted and balanced locally, which will cost more.

I got my Pirelli P-Zero's from them, and I'm pretty happy so far.

Don't go cheap with your tires, especially if you use your car like you've got it tuned to be used. For my 99 Altima cheap is good. I was in the same situation as you with my Firebird and trust me, you don't want to go cheap.

[quote name='Supernothing']Don't go cheap with your tires, especially if you use your car like you've got it tuned to be used. For my 99 Altima cheap is good. I was in the same situation as you with my Firebird and trust me, you don't want to go cheap.[/QUOTE]
If all he's going for is looks, and the sound of a turbo whoosh, he can go cheap on tires. At least, that's the idea I got from the post.

bread's done
Back