Car Head-Unit

Believe it or not, I got my pioneer on newegg. saved 300.
there's also a site called the audio warehouse where I got my speakers.
They selll last years top end models for cheap prices.

There's one for $80 at walmart (also online) that has the aux input, sd card slot and usb port. It also plays mp3 cds. My buddy has one and it sounds decent.

Thanks for the sites guys, which speakers did you guys get? My speaker size is 6 3/4'' and which head unit??

Are those sites better then getting it at circuit city?

Yes because you can usually find the stuff cheaper online.

When I was buying a system for my truck two years ago I just decided on how much I wanted to spend on each part and started searching from there. How much do you want to spend on the stuff?

head unit- about 70-140 for a decent one with auxiliary input
speakers- 40-70 for GOODS ones size- 6 3/4''

but don't i also need to buy the Metra Nissan Speaker Harness (72-7400) to connect the speakers to my car? or does it come with it?

sounddomain.com usually has pretty good prices on audio gear. I've bought from them a few times over the past several years.

and beleive it or not you can save tons of money buying on ebay. ive bought 3 of my last 4 units on ebay and never had an issue. just make sure with some brands they are an authorized retailer for warranty purposes. i bought my clarion refurbed for like $170 3 years ago when it was $500 retail.

For the more big box places ive had great experiance with Crutchfield. They often have coupons and freebies that no one else offers. i ended up getting my Pioneer Avic-D3 GPS/DVD/Ipod withipod cable, bluetooth add-on and sirius tuner for $800 out the door.

[quote name='Layd Dly']and beleive it or not you can save tons of money buying on ebay. ive bought 3 of my last 4 units on ebay and never had an issue. just make sure with some brands they are an authorized retailer for warranty purposes. i bought my clarion refurbed for like $170 3 years ago when it was $500 retail.[/QUOTE]

Yep.. While I didn't save quite as much as you, mine retailed for between $250-300 I believe, and I got it for $100 refurbished.

Crutchfield is where I've bought all of my speakers, though, and one receiver. They're great.

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB ftw! Total control of music for only $200.

Crutchfield is overpriced from what I've seen. I bought my last head unit from sonicelectronix and they even upgraded my headunit to a premier version for free.

bread's done
Back