Car Help

panasonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
Ok everywhere is closed right now to take it. I was wondering if someone might know how serious if at all this is. I apparently backed too far on a bad street and the road was higher and it Bent up my muffler case on the left side. As in the picture
nissanback.jpg

Nothing seems to be pinched. Any idea on repair cost and how soon i need to get it in?

it is called the Exhaust Trim.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the typos. It is metal case that covers the muffler exhaust. I am thinking it can simply be bent back and welded but hoping CAG knows more.

I work for a nissan dealership. Youll be fine because you only bent the decorative exhaust tip. It serves no mechanical purpose. It just looks cool I guess.

If you want to replace it yourself just get a rubber hammer and knock it loose from the back. Hit the back of it. Then go to a junk yard and get another one. Look on ebay for it.

Do not go to the dealership. They will rape you. I know the parts people and they look for suckers. They will double the price on you and the parts guy will get the difference as profit. Trust me I see it all the time.

Its not welded btw. It just slips on and off with a little force.

bread's done
Back