Car Question..........

LordFungus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Alright,

I have a question

I drive a company car and they are telling me its time to order a new one....

I have two choices

1. Pontiac Grand Prix
2. Malabu Maxx

Both are the base models....no frills ect.....

If you had this choice which one would you pick? I am going to go test drive them both this weekend but looking for opinions, ect...

Thanks

Chrevrolet is considered General Motors' base consumer division where Pontiac is supposed to be more upscale and/or sporty. Given that both cars probably share the same body style and drivetrain, you're left with deciding what trim and/or name you like better. They're pretty much the same car.

Grand Prix.

My family will never buy a malibu again. All in one year, we got it had to have it fixed in the first 2 months. The 1st week we had it we noticed that there was no paint under the passenger door. So we took it to the dealer and they fixed it. Then the engine got recalled. then about 6 other things in the 1st year got recalled so we traded it in for a truck. "Fanskad" drives a maxx PM him. I have drove in his car and it's nothing like that regular malibu we had about 2 years ago. The malibu's are the new ford taurus. The Maxx's from my little experince are a nice car as well though.

I went with the 2004 MAXX.

Cargo space won out for me, I've owned it for about 10 months and haven't had a single major issue with it, fit and finish is inferior to my last car (2002 Subaru WRX) But gas milage is much better, cargo space is wonderful, It's very spacious for driver and passenger.

The rear cargo area includes a picnic table-like thing, which seems like a gimmic, but you can tailgate out of the back, which is pretty cool.

I have to say that accelleration is adequate, not racy, but it's got a little bit of power. I don't like the auto, but that's the only way they make it.

No major complaints, I like the versatility.

Do you have any specific questions?

[quote name='fanskad']I went with the 2004 MAXX.

Cargo space won out for me, I've owned it for about 10 months and haven't had a single major issue with it, fit and finish is inferior to my last car (2002 Subaru WRX) But gas milage is much better, cargo space is wonderful, It's very spacious for driver and passenger.

The rear cargo area includes a picnic table-like thing, which seems like a gimmic, but you can tailgate out of the back, which is pretty cool.

I have to say that accelleration is adequate, not racy, but it's got a little bit of power. I don't like the auto, but that's the only way they make it.

No major complaints, I like the versatility.

Do you have any specific questions?[/QUOTE]

Well,

I was looking for someone who owns one, and you sem to be it. My company used to give a six or seven car list and it is now down to three choices, one of which I do not want. I have had 3 grand am's with little trouble, but I was thinking of trying the MAXX for a change. The grand prix is basically a bigger grand am, so I know what its like.

Thanks for the info

If it wasn't for these deals, GM and Ford would be bankrupt. Who would want to drive those POS? The only GM car I'd be willing to drive is the new GTO, and that's only cuz it's not reall y a GM, it's a Holden. I'd take the prix over the rest, cuz at least it has the pretense of power.

bread's done
Back