Card Fighters DS Discussion - Last Snk vs. Capcom Licensed Game To Be Made

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Off topic:

Alright, just because I'm a scout (an event organizer for Sabertooth Games), don't look at this the wrong way... but anyhow. :lol:

If anyone else is interested, you can sign up here for free demo decks:
http://www.sabertoothgames.com/ufs/demodeck/

UFS is a fighting cardgame based off fighting games primarily. So far it has The King of Fighters 2006, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur 3, Samurai Showdown V, and just recently, Darkstalkers. Penny Arcade was also one of the first sets out. So yea, it has some SNK and Capcom stuff, go figure.

On topic:
I didn't like the DS version of SNK vs Capcom DS. It felt too different from the original game, and the translation was pretty bad, I don't know what the translation team was doing. Kind of sad that the last game for the SNK vs Capcom license had to end with this game.[/QUOTE]

Signed up. Thanks for the link. I would love to play this, but need to find a good group.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Signed up. Thanks for the link. I would love to play this, but need to find a good group.[/QUOTE]

No problem, if you have any questions feel free to ask me or someone on the STG forum :D

Pass the links to your friend, definitely would be a lot cheaper (and free!) than buying actual starter decks. It gives you a feel for the game. Just a headsup, the demo characters are really strong. They're just to show you the basics of the game and prevent the demo from dragging on too long. The actual game is pretty fast paced.

I'm giving this a bump since Amazon has it on sale for $10 today and I finally broke down and ordered it. I figure there will be other people receiving it soon who may be interested in the thread.

I probably don't need another DS card game, since I'm still playing Marvel VS (and I love it), but for $10 I couldn't let this pass.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if anyone has questions please post since I've played this game to death.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I think you might of played a bit more than me ;)

Dang it, I'm STILL on the fence. I *LOVED* the original, but between the poor translation, my worry that they added unneeded complexity to it, and the whole "it might be a broken copy" thing I'm still a bit worried.

I just got my (glitched) copy from Amazon, and I figure it isn't even worth playing. Hopefully I'll be able to send it out tomorrow.
Edit: Uh, just to confirm...a color background means glitchy, right?

Yes colored background= glitch and Black and white background and colored logo= fixed.

Sadly mine is a glitch too I did the three steps and sent it off a week ago.

I got my glitched copy on Monday, but decided to play a little bit just to see what it's like before I send it in. It's decent enough, but I really don't like the fact that packs are so freaking expensive in the game. I've finished 2 floors of fights and gotten 2 packs. Do I get more money eventually? Because this is rediculous.

Also rediculous is the translation and dialogue in the game, and I'm sure they're not helping each other out. It's just laughably bad. And why does my guy keep putting his finger under his nose in cut scenes? What's his problem?

Oh well, for $10 it's not that bad. I just wish I could get more cards.

[quote name='Travelsized']I got my glitched copy on Monday, but decided to play a little bit just to see what it's like before I send it in. It's decent enough, but I really don't like the fact that packs are so freaking expensive in the game. I've finished 2 floors of fights and gotten 2 packs. Do I get more money eventually? Because this is rediculous.

Also rediculous is the translation and dialogue in the game, and I'm sure they're not helping each other out. It's just laughably bad. And why does my guy keep putting his finger under his nose in cut scenes? What's his problem?

Oh well, for $10 it's not that bad. I just wish I could get more cards.[/QUOTE]

Where did you buy a copy for $10?

AND I'M SAYIN' IT!

This game is pretty... well, bad.

Anyhow, the guy sniffs his finger all the time because he loves beef stew. Later you can face off against bosses multiple times and get more money which will then allow you to buy new packs of cards more frequently. Beyond that, I couldn't tell you, this game was making me hate my DS so I had to stop playing it.

Why are people complaining about the bad translation? Bad translation is an SNK tradition! Haven't you guys ever heard of SNKglish?

[quote name='SDC']Why are people complaining about the bad translation? Bad translation is an SNK tradition! Haven't you guys ever heard of SNKglish?[/QUOTE]

Sure, it was cute back in the 90's but now the crappy translation is a reflection on how much they care for localization. HINT:
SNK DOSEN'T CARE ABOUT AMERICA

[quote name='Travelsized']Go 7 or 8 posts up. Amazon had it on sale last week. It was on the deals page, but it's dead now.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I've been waiting for a deal on this game. Any other deals for it?

[quote name='meerkatgamer']
I've sent the game off and I'm wondering how long does it usually take to get it?
[/QUOTE]

I'll second this question. I sent mine off around the 20th or so and I'm hoping it will get back before I have to leave for college again.

I'm playing (got it from sears for $6.97). Could care less about the bug. I'll probably be lucky if I finish it, let alone play it twice.

I may buy a copy at sears store & swap Bestbuy copy. My local Best Buy have 30 copies & it have special sticker on the back. If can i peel that sticker & put on sears copy is GREAT :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I may buy a copy at sears store & swap Bestbuy copy. My local Best Buy have 30 copies & it have special sticker on the back. If can i peel that sticker & put on sears copy is GREAT :)[/QUOTE]

This is cheapassgamer.com not lieassgamer.com But whatever make you feel good.

I finally ordered this from amazon for $9.99 recently and my copy appears to be the fixed cart--yay! I will commence playing tonight.

SNK stopped the replacement program a few days ago, even though the webpage says the "announcement" was from the middle of last year.

My copy has been gone for well over a month. So either their turnaround time absolutely fucking sucks or they decided to keep my copy and save money on shipping charges.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']SNK stopped the replacement program a few days ago, even though the webpage says the "announcement" was from the middle of last year.

My copy has been gone for well over a month. So either their turnaround time absolutely fucking sucks or they decided to keep my copy and save money on shipping charges.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, they didn't keep that up fo too long.

Did SNK ever restock any retailers with the fixed version? It's to my understanding if you buy this brand new you're guarnteed the buggy one. If that's true the fixed cart may be worth something down the road.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Jesus, they didn't keep that up fo too long.

Did SNK ever restock any retailers with the fixed version? It's to my understanding if you buy this brand new you're guarnteed the buggy one. If that's true the fixed cart may be worth something down the road.[/QUOTE]

TRU carries the fixed version, and someone said Amazon.com does as well.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']SNK stopped the replacement program a few days ago, even though the webpage says the "announcement" was from the middle of last year.

My copy has been gone for well over a month. So either their turnaround time absolutely fucking sucks or they decided to keep my copy and save money on shipping charges.[/QUOTE]

As I am now boiling with rage, I sent them an e-mail asking them what the deal is. The program appeared to be still going back in Dec., when most of us mailed our copies out. Yet now they claim it has been stopped since June?

Aside to Rodimus: considering the lack of popularity and the pretty well-agreed-upon poor quality of this game, I don't think either version will ever be worth much of anything. That being said, having spent $5 on my copy, I'd rather like to play it someday if SNK gets back to me.

[quote name='Josef']TRU carries the fixed version, and someone said Amazon.com does as well.[/quote]

My shit copy was bought off Amazon.

I sent my bugged Amazon copy in around December 20th and got the fixed version today! So for those of you that did send in a bad version from Amazon last month, you might be getting your replacement soon.

Also got the lame pack of KoF 2000-01 trading cards. I'd rather get the UFS pack that was posted a few pages back. Oh well.

bread's done
Back