Carmageddon for iOS - Free for one day only

People may try and confuse you and make you think you fucked up and this needs to be in the IOS deals thread; to those people I say, You've never played Carmageddon have you?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']People may try and confuse you and make you think you fucked up and this needs to be in the IOS deals thread; to those people I say, You've never played Carmageddon have you?[/QUOTE]

Well it was already posted there last night...

Huge thanks, OP!

Appreciate this being its own thread; I never check the iOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have my original release of Carmageddon for PC, in the original box. It gleefully proclaims, "The racing game for the chemically imbalanced!"

Good times.

I never really check the iOS thread so thanks OP.

Hey, wasn't this suppose to get ported to xbla/psn?

Just a heads up for Android people, they are bringing it to android as well and it's slated for late 2012, Early 2013 and they will be doing the same 'First 24 hours free' thing too. :)

[quote name='Vinny']Can I just get this directly from my iPod? Or do I have to use my computer and then sync it?[/QUOTE]

If your iPod has the space and wifi you can click the link and get it.

[quote name='FuzzyYeti']Just a heads up for Android people, they are bringing it to android as well and it's slated for late 2012, Early 2013 and they will be doing the same 'First 24 hours free' thing too. :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Was going to ask about this.

[quote name='Carlanga']$1.99 and the day hasn't ended? Damn time zones![/QUOTE]

First 24 hours. It came out about 25 hours ago. Guess they were stict on the time. Worth it at $1.99 imo.

Bah, would have bit for free, no go @ $2. I was never a big fan of this game back in the day, so I doubt I'd feel much different now that the game's good & dated.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']People may try and confuse you and make you think you fucked up and this needs to be in the IOS deals thread; to those people I say, You've never played Carmageddon have you?[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer individual deal threads like this. It's much more attention-grabbing, current, and you don't have to sift trough a ton of posts to find the deal info.

I especially like this because it said "today only", and I quickly glanced at when the thread was posted, saw today... Bam, to the App Store I go.

I very much dislike the really old "wiki" threads because the OP date is old, the thread title is extremely vague and uninformative, and they are often not updated, so you have to find the deals near the end of the thread. If not done properly (like the Kmart one was), they are just a mess.

Got this for the iPad. The virtual button controls are pretty bad, even worse than many iPad games which are already really poor. If you missed it, you're not missing much don't worry.

I didn't think it controlled that bad. The game doesn't seem like much, though. I will try it some more, still. Maybe it will click for me.

Thanks to DrNo for the OP and thanks to DrNo again for bumping this for the Android info

In case it wasn't clear it's iOS as well as Android since the devs had made it sound like it was going to be just Android. Missed it by about 12 minutes when it launched on iOS so glad I saw it in time today.

[quote name='FuzzyYeti']Just a heads up for Android people, they are bringing it to android as well and it's slated for late 2012, Early 2013 and they will be doing the same 'First 24 hours free' thing too. :)[/QUOTE]

What year is it in your head?

Yeah not sure why this was bumped 6 months later instead of making a new thread, but whatever. I backed the Kickstarter so I was well aware at least :D

bread's done
Back