Cars 2 5-Disc Blu-Ray Combo Pack/ Cars Director's Edition $7 Off Coupon @ Amazon

Penguin1084

Banned
Seems Amazon had the heads up on how much the DMR coupons will be before anyone else.

Will put an order in though, thanx

well, im stuck in between a rock and a hard place. i wasnt a big fan of cars 2 in theaters. (just too much mater IMO), but my gf and i have all the other disney pixar films on bluray. so the obsessive collector in me would hate to have an incomplete collection.

On a side note, who else thinks pixars best movies are behind them? cars 2 was nothing special and the trailer for Brave did nothing for me. hopefully the prequel to monsters inc turns out well

Didn't this JUST come to theatres? I was going to take my daughter with my free movie cash, but I haven't even got around to that yet.

I thought CARS was not great, it is just weird. No humans at all....odd.

[quote name='doubledown']Didn't this JUST come to theatres? I was going to take my daughter with my free movie cash, but I haven't even got around to that yet.

I thought CARS was not great, it is just weird. No humans at all....odd.[/QUOTE]

they said cars 2 is the worst pixar movie. so if u think the first one not great, u wont like the 2nd.

[quote name='doubledown']Didn't this JUST come to theatres? I was going to take my daughter with my free movie cash, but I haven't even got around to that yet.

I thought CARS was not great, it is just weird. No humans at all....odd.[/QUOTE]They did the same thing with POTC: OST as well, it was showing up as orderable from Amazon with the coupon before it left theaters.

At first I thought it was "Cars Director's Cut" and got excited, but it's just the name of their super special edition, no added scenes to the movie.

I don't know , $28 after coupon still seems pretty high. I suppose there is still a good chance of the price coming down further in which case locking in the pre-order with the coupon now is still a good idea.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']At first I thought it was "Cars Director's Cut" and got excited, but it's just the name of their super special edition, no added scenes to the movie.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing initially.

Cars 1 was poor. Cars 2 is fantastic in my opinion. I ordered Cars 2 for $34.99 along with the Chasing Amy blu-ray for $9.99. I set it up with "Free Super Saver Shipping."

Does this mean I can ship Chasing Amy for free and then later on cancel Cars 2 if I want? I've been using Amazon Prime for a while, but it just ran out, so I don't know how FSSS works with matching a pre-order item with an in-stock item.

If anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='masterchief2291']well, im stuck in between a rock and a hard place. i wasnt a big fan of cars 2 in theaters. (just too much mater IMO), but my gf and i have all the other disney pixar films on bluray. so the obsessive collector in me would hate to have an incomplete collection.

On a side note, who else thinks pixars best movies are behind them? cars 2 was nothing special and the trailer for Brave did nothing for me. hopefully the prequel to monsters inc turns out well[/QUOTE]

You do realize that Mater was the main character in that movie, right?

While I don't hate or love the Cars series, it's still quite entertaining and better than most animated films that Dreamworks comes out with. As for PIXAR being passed its prime, that's also a myth. We just got through with Toy Story 3, which is probably the best thing they've ever done. Up wasn't a slouch either.

It's just that they're stuck on sequel mode, which fortunately will be put on break once Brave comes out.

Great movie for kids, not so much for anyone over the age of 12. Will be the first Pixar movie I don't own on Blu, because I have no kids of my own.

[quote name='masterchief2291']well, im stuck in between a rock and a hard place. i wasnt a big fan of cars 2 in theaters. (just too much mater IMO), but my gf and i have all the other disney pixar films on bluray. so the obsessive collector in me would hate to have an incomplete collection.

On a side note, who else thinks pixars best movies are behind them? cars 2 was nothing special and the trailer for Brave did nothing for me. hopefully the prequel to monsters inc turns out well[/QUOTE]

I've learned long ago not to judge what a Pixar project will be like because of the trailer. I usually don't care for their trailers then end up loving the movie.

That said, as for Cars 2, I liked it more than the first one, which is still my least favorite movie of all Pixars has done so far, but I'm still debating whether I even want to buy it. The only reason I have the first one on Blu-ray was because of the combo deal with The Incredibles and that fact that it came with the movie ticket.

To paraphrase an IGN review of games... "If you like Larry the Cable Guy, you'll love Cars 2."

My 4 and 6 year olds came out of the movie saying, "Why was the movie only about Mater?" If I hadn't seen it for free with Movie Cash, I would have written Pixar a letter asking for my money back.

Easily their worst work so far.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']No discount showing up in my checkout. Probably because I'm in NY and NY was excluded from the POTC:OST coupon.[/QUOTE]

All of them its getting old amazon don't like ny cash

thanks OP. hmm i'm abit concerned about the packaging for the Director's ed. a repeat of the Toy Story Trilogy packaging?

think i'll wait for it to drop in price or just get the 5-disc combo pack.

ok if it says "Cars 2 (Five-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)", what's the 5th disc about? anyone knows?

[quote name='shadowkast']Seems Amazon had the heads up on how much the DMR coupons will be before anyone else. [/QUOTE]

DMR values are dropping on megadisc paks. $10>>$8>>$7>> expect $5 soon.

[quote name='basis']thanks OP. hmm i'm abit concerned about the packaging for the Director's ed. a repeat of the Toy Story Trilogy packaging?

think i'll wait for it to drop in price or just get the 5-disc combo pack.

ok if it says "Cars 2 (Five-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)", what's the 5th disc about? anyone knows?[/QUOTE]

There's going to be a Blu-ray extra features disc that is just going to be 2 hours of the people from Pixar apologizing for 2 straight hours for making a sequel based solely on the fact that they sold a fuck-ton of merchandise from the first movie.

Seriously, though, that's the only reason this movie exists... and it's painfully obvious. I'm just glad it had a somewhat interesting spy plot otherwise I would have been completely bored and would easily have rated this below the original "Cars"... that movie's boring as hell. Please, Pixar, don't make another movie that's almost two hours long, you obviously can't do it.

I'm not going to lie, I actually liked this movie... I still think it's the second worst Pixar film (only to the original "Cars") but I'm excited to FINALLY see a Pixar movie released on Blu-ray 3D. Now they just need to release "Up" and the Toy Story trilogy on Blu-ray 3D... and maybe they'll convert all of their other movies eventually (I thought I heard that "Ratatouille" was converted to 3D for EuroDisney) so I can get my fix!!! ;)

DMR values are dropping on megadisc paks. $10>>$8>>$7>> expect $5 soon.

The DMR coupons for Tangled and Tron Legacy were only $5, IIRC...

bread's done
Back