Cars and Nav systems

Nematode

CAGiversary!
How reliable are navigation systems for cars these days? My parents had one a few years back in an Acura and it was okay but not worth the price tag. I am looking into getting a car and was considering getting one of the after-market ones because they are uber-cheaper. But are they trustworthy?

Anyone have one of the Magellan, tomtom, or garmin...?

Thanx for the eclipse link. I didn't come across them yet. So he is goignt o install that by himself into his car. That is in dash though so thats one heck of a job.

Is yours DVD based and from manufacture? Do they send you new DVD updates or do you have to go back to the dealer?

I was checking out the after-market portable nav systems like megallan and tomtom. The tomtom device looks really nice and they just released some new ones Go 300 and Go 700. Anyone know anything about them?

If you have a laptop, I would maybe try one of these. We have one of their older versions and it works well. It comes with a little GPS receiver that plugs into the laptop. The map software is pretty good.

Thanx for the suggestion. Not quite sure I want to bring my laptop in and out of the car that much. Plus it would be nice just to mount something yet be able to take it from car to car. I am surprised nobody has experienced garmin, tomtom, or magellan devices. With these little guys you can just grab and go... and there cheaper than the factory.

bread's done
Back