CAS: Cheap Ass Suits?

willardhaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I'll be starting a job at Citibank on the 17th and I'm looking for a few suits to wear to work. Nothing super fancy, but I don't want to look like a stereotypical used car salesman.

B&M places obviously, since it needs to fit. Also, average prices would help out too.

Lots of the larger retail stores tend to have sales on them toward the end of August. I believe Jos A Bank was having a sale on some of their summer suits. Just remember to save a couple bucks for some proper tailoring.

congrads on starting the new job, my GF is starting at citibank also on the 17th (LIC Queens). If your from NY chinatown has some cheap suits, flusing queens, and you can also try lohmans, or syms. Theres a few places in the rockland mall also. GL

Men's Wearhouse. Period. They fit the suits extremely well, and you can expect to pay $200-$250 for a well-fitted suit (jacket and pants).

If you have nordstrom Rack by you, check there. I just bought a Burberry Suit there for $280. So I would check there for some new looking suits on the cheap.

Also, if you can only afford a couple of suits, try to make sure to get something pretty dull so that you can mix and match shirts and ties with the suits as well. Also, do not forget to save some extra cash for the fact that you will have to dry clean these suits from now on.

I second the Mens Warehouse reccomendation. Impecible quality and price for good buisness suits. Their salesmen are a little pushy selling the other stuff (shirts, ties, other accessories, ect) and you can usually get that stuff for cheaper.

Also, if you have a Burlington Coat Factory, they sometimes have awesome deals. Unfortunatly, they also sell alot of crap suits there too, so know what you're looking for.

Yeah, Mens Warehouse is good. How about trying out S&K Mens stores? I bought a suit from them for $99, when I needed one asap. Nice service, tailored and out the door in the same day.

[quote name='mer71']Yeah, Mens Warehouse is good. How about trying out S&K Mens stores? I bought a suit from them for $99, when I needed one asap. Nice service, tailored and out the door in the same day.[/QUOTE]

Never used them, but see Men's Warehouse and S&K adverts all the time. I'd check there, and for shirts and ties, I'd check SEARS. Had some a few weeks ago for $10. Pretty nice, too. Ties are unfortunately going to run you $15-$25, and you need quite a few to match your suits. I second the dull-looking suit (grey or black) and mix/match shirts and ties. That's what people notice, and half the time you won't be wearing your jacket anyways.

ANTI-PERSPERANT!!!! Don't want pit stains! Find a reliable dry cleaner (don't automatically go for the cheapest). You want to make sure your suit gets returned to you in at least the same condition you gave it.

[quote name='kell']Check for a Brooks Brothers Outlet.[/QUOTE]

Brooks Bros. stuff is great, but even the outlet stuff is super expensive. Plus, it is super conservitive. so it might not be the OP style.

Never used them, but see Men's Warehouse and S&K adverts all the time. I'd check there, and for shirts and ties, I'd check SEARS. Had some a few weeks ago for $10. Pretty nice, too. Ties are unfortunately going to run you $15-$25, and you need quite a few to match your suits. I second the dull-looking suit (grey or black) and mix/match shirts and ties. That's what people notice, and half the time you won't be wearing your jacket anyways.

For shirts and ties, check TJ Max, Marshals, ect. You can get great deals on ties. MOst of their ties are good designers (Hilfiger, Nautica, DKNY, and lots of others) and run $12-$15. Plus, they ususally mark their ties down to $5 or less on clearence.

Get yourself a two pant suit, Mr. Mac's has the largest selection of two pant suits anywhere!
http://mrmac.com/corporate/

I forgot about this place! They cater mostly to Mormon Missionaries, so stylewise, its on the conservitive end (lots of blacks, navys, pinstripes) and have tons of locations in Utah. All of their suits come with two pairs of pants. And they last a long time.

Thanks for all the help, I actually ended up getting most of my stuff at Sym's.

I'm going to get some extra pants at JCPenny though.

Men's Wearhouse was a little on the pricey side (200+ for just a jacket).

bread's done
Back