Castle of Shikigami 3 (Wii) - $19.99 at GS/EB

How's this game? I've heard nothing about it and I'm at a stretch with my Wii. I'm strongly considering selling this console.

The game's campaign is short but hard. If you like bullet hell SHMUPS and anime in general you should give this ago. The game has about 10 characters so the replay value is in playing each character to see each character's story and different ways of handling them (each character has a different bullet style pattern and special attacks). On a 1 - 10 scale I'd give this game a 7

All right! I've been waiting for this game to drop, and the extra $10 trade-in with the 360 and Wii games makes it a no-brainer for me!!!

[quote name='Shady3011']Anyone know how much Shikigami 2 goes for now, new or used?[/QUOTE]

it came out at $10 and hasnt really change.

Since it seems that this game was only released at Gamestop and there aren't any used copies in my area, I don't think I'm going to wait. The only positive about them releasing this game on Wii is that it isn't a hardcore gamer's machine, thus, there might be a couple of "new" (gutted) copies sitting around at Gamestop for a while, but I don't think they ordered many.

It's on Amazon to actually. I think im gonna wait till it drops even more. COS2 I didn't even open, though I plan on playing this and part 2 eventually.

I paid $27.50 for this on Amazon a few weeks back, and it was definitely overpriced at that price point. In retrospect I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it.

It's not a bad game. Total bullet hell shmup, and HEAVY on the anime. If you don't like anime this game will annoy the hell out of you.

I am definitely getting this game, glad it dropped to 19.99 so at least I won't have to pay more than that for it.

[quote name='whoknows']I wish this had come out on PS2 as well.

Does this have as much Engrish as the second game? :lol:[/QUOTE]

The game only came out on the Wii and the Xbox 360 in Japan, so I don't think it will be coming to the PS2 in the U.S.

Also, the translation is handled by Aksys Games this time around (the same company translated Guilty Gear: Accent Core for PS2 and Wii), so I don't think that it has Engrish.

I traded in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Wii) and Tony Hawk's Project 8 (PS3) and picked it up today. It was the last gutted copy, but I still have $3.50 left in store credit.

I'm just glad I have another reason for owning the Hori arcade joystick now...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryosnk']Will this be coming to the USA xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

Somehow, I doubt it after the sales debacle that was Wartech: Senko No Ronde. 2D shooters are so niche nowadays.

[quote name='josekortez']Somehow, I doubt it after the sales debacle that was Wartech: Senko No Ronde. 2D shooters are so niche nowadays.[/quote]

Thats because that game was just god awful.

This game is a hell of a lot better.

This is another one of those games that has no used page on the website. There seem to be a lot more of those since the site came back online. The $20 price isn't bad, but I'd like to try and find a used copy to save a little more.

If you can find it at other retailers, I haven't seen any around here other than at Gamestop, then again I am not in the immediate area of a BB or CC.

This game was only made in limited supply so finding it in retail stores is slim.
Its a great game, especially for $20. I picked it up for $30 in fear that it would end up like Ikaruga (which was also limited supply) thinking it would be impossible to find in 5-6 months. Sucks to be me. But well worth it if its your cup o tea.

Well, I just tried to order it from EB and I'm getting this message: "Currently Castle of Shikigami III is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart." Could they already be sold out?

[quote name='Tom Ato']I hope this game has the same horrible translation that COS2 did. The Engrish was the best part about the game.[/QUOTE]
Not as "great" as the first one. I think it was actually called Mobile Light Force 2. That says it all, right there.

Your local gamestop stores should have some, the stores around me have at least one each, I will probably pick up the game tonight because it might disappear soon if it gets rare (gamestop is the only store that stocks it here), not likely to happen in my area (no one buys niche games) unless ebay hoarders get wind of the fact that it might get rare however I am not taking a chance as I want this game and there is an extremely limited number of Wii games I actually want to buy.

[quote name='onikage']The $20 price isn't bad, but I'd like to try and find a used copy to save a little more.[/QUOTE]

Hardly anybody bought the game new and those who did know how hard it is to find a new, decent 2D shooter in the States and will probably keep the one copy they bought, so there probably aren't any used copies showing up at B&M Gamestop stores.

[quote name='SaraAB']...there is an extremely limited number of Wii games I actually want to buy.[/QUOTE]

Amen to the dearth of most-wanted titles on the Wii right now! Testify!!!

lol I always saw this game's cover and I never would have thought of it as a top down shooter. The box art has atlus rpg written all over it.

The game doesnt show up on gamestops website anymore, so i called my local gamestop and i asked if they had any New copies in.

The guy on the phone told me they have a COUPLE of new copies. i asked more than one, he said yes, brand new.

10 minutes later i go there, the store is dead and he is behind the counter. he gets the game ( its 19.99 still ) and he pulls out a gutted copy. the last one. fucking failure. wanted to spit in his face.

whatever, no other stores had it and gamecrazy didnt, so i traded in super mario brothers DS for 20$ to cover it and left. least i know never to trust that idiot again.

There was more than one at the store I went to, however mine was gutted as was the display copy, is gamestop gutting EVERY game that comes into the store now?

[quote name='dios']The game doesnt show up on gamestops website anymore, so i called my local gamestop and i asked if they had any New copies in.[/quote]Seems like it's going in and out of stock on the website. I tried to order it a few days ago but it was no longer available online, then I checked back later and they were selling it again.

bread's done
Back