Castle of Shikigami III

PleasantOne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I didn't see a thread about this, so...

Anyone else playing it?

I just got it from Gamefly, and popped it in to try it out. This has some of the worst dialogue and voice acting I've seen... it's friggin' hillarious. I think it was worth renting just for that alone. "The summer makes a woman feel free!" :lol:

So far, I've only played as Reika, and I'm not terribly impressed, but I think maybe she just has a crappy special attack. I'm not really sure how this rates against other schmups. I found the stages a bit short, and some of the situations a bit frustrating, but that could just be my lousy tactics ;)

[quote name='PleasantOne']This has some of the worst dialogue and voice acting I've seen... it's friggin' hillarious. I think it was worth renting just for that alone. "The summer makes a woman feel free!" :lol:[/quote]

I think this is one thing the series is known for.

I got it in the mail from Amazon over the weekend, but I havent had time to play it yet.

I know what to expect though, and I'm looking forward to it.

It is still 10x better than the localization Castle of Shikigami 1 aka Mobile Light Force 2 got. That game got all the Japanese element removed.

I'm a fan of the series so I'll get this eventually. As far as shmups go, all the games in the series are about a C+ in quality. I'd expect the same with this one. Still, that's a decent enough score since the games are budget titles and the genre is so neglected these days.

That said, I think $30 is too high for the Wii version. I'm going to hold out for $20 or less.

It's still sitting sealed for me; I haven't had the time to play it. Probably because I'm half-dead when I get home and I'm trying to slug through some RPGs.

bread's done
Back