Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (Xbox) $18 USED at GameFly

It kind of sucks. I initially hated it beyond belief, but if you can get past the bland textures, empty environments, poor animation, boring combat and numerous other problems, the potential for the first good 3D Castlevania game was buried somewhere deep in there.

$18 isn't too bad for this game though. You really have to give it a pretty good chunk of time to start to enjoy it at all though.

Here's a link to my initial impressions: Holy crap, Castlevania: Curse Of Darkness is Complete Garbage

I picked this up for $19.99 during the Sears clearance and am quite enjoying it. Comment about the empty levels does ring true but it's fun to play IMO.

I think Shipwreck is dead on with his impressions. My first thought was 'Oh no, not the never ending fog, and empty rooms again (from remembering LOI)'. I played it for 10 minutes, and shut it off. Waiting to finish Dawn of Sorrow (bring back the 2d goodness please), before giving it another chance. May end up on tradelist eventually.

[quote name='benjamouth']I picked this up for $19.99 during the Sears clearance and am quite enjoying it. Comment about the empty levels does ring true but it's fun to play IMO.[/QUOTE]

Same.

The game opens up after the first level.

[quote name='Roufuss']Same.

The game opens up after the first level.[/QUOTE]

Into more expansive empty levels. It's like you are playing a Castlevania themed jogging game during some points.

It's OK. Not something I want to spend $39.99 or more on again, that is until Konami makes a better 3d Castlevania.

I still prefer LOI over it which is probably Konami's best 3d effort for Castlevania so far. $18 isn't a bad price.

Picked it up at Sears for 20, I think you can find it elsewhere for 20 bucks as well- could have sworn I saw it for that in a Seattle CC.

*shrug* I really enjoyed it. I thought leveling your devils was fun & addictive, and enjoyed collecting & creating all the weapons/armor/etc. It also has some excellent boss fights in it. I traded mine in after I beat it, and if this was the PS2 version I'd pick it back up for that price.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Hey Thanks for that link! Did your items come new and sealed or just the disc in a slip case?[/QUOTE]

Brand new and sealed.

bread's done
Back