Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow $17.99 After Coupon at Target.com (plus $2.99 S&H & tax)

[quote name='strummerbs']I also ordered from Target.com and I got the odd, atrocious cover (this coming from someone with no concerns about most greatest hits packaging, this is just damn ugly). Guess I'm glad to know this is common. Wonder how widespread this reprint is going to be, and how much it will retail for elsewhere. Almost tempted to wait and see if I can get it cheaper during the return period, as I have not opened mine yet.[/QUOTE]

alot of other stores now have this game in stock again, pretty sure they're all gonna be this reprint

[quote name='dank']can you use that target discount code when you check out through amazon?[/quote]

Nope, I tried.

The box is so awful that I just had to laugh when I opened it, but what the hey, I'm happy to finally have the game.

[quote name='eugaet']I ordered from Target.com and that's exactly what I got in the mail today.[/quote]
Dang! I also pulled the trigger to order it last week. I guess I'll have to find it elsewhere. The cover really bothers me! Yick!

[quote name='ma']My eyes, the goggles do nothing![/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha.

"You're our new Fallout Boy! That's what I'd be saying if you weren't an inch too short, NEXT!"

Anyway the box art is absolutely hideous. I was sickened when I opened my package from target.com. I'm thinking of just sending it back and trying to find an old box used copy relatively cheap.

you could always just print out the old game cover from one of those websites lol

like gamescanner.org

OMFG, I didn't read this thread since I brought my copy from target... It arrived today and I almost died when I saw the box... WTF is wrong with Konami, why do they feel the need to punish us just because we were too cheap (or in my case didnt have a DS at the time) to buy their game at launch...

Bastards... I guess I'd have to try to find a case some where or find me an extra long piece of paper so I can print out the original cover...

Thanks to the OP who posted the link to the cover.

It looks like this "Konami's Best" version should hit to mass merchants soon (BB, CC, TRU, Target, WM). BB & TRU in paticular have clearenced out the original version within the last few months.

Who in their right mind would come up with such a hideous design?...the graphic designer(s) should definitely get fired! I'm glad I got this game from Best Buy's Monday sale for $9.99...

[quote name='naes']Con - The ugly box art.[/quote]
colbertcalledit.jpg

Got mine today... LOL That is an ugly box. Oh well. If I'm really feeling it, I think I'll just buy a EB Games copy and return the copy without a box or something.

[quote name='imacgod']Got mine today... LOL That is an ugly box. Oh well. If I'm really feeling it, I think I'll just buy a EB Games copy and trade the copy without a box or something.[/quote]
fixed ;)

This Konami's Best cover to this game makes the Playstation Greatest Hits line look like pieces of artwork. Why not just use the original cover design and put the read "Best" insignia some where on the packaging.

I was able to pick up an extra copy at Best Buy. $14 paypal gets a sealed, original copy to your door($10 + $1 tax +$2 shipping + paypal fees). US only, PM me if interested.

(Hope it isn't out of line to post that here.)

EDIT: Gone.

[quote name='OtherAdam']
castlevania_ew.jpg

EWWWW. What the hell. I don't even want to open it.[/quote]

That is the greatest cover of all time. Seriously whoever thought of putting the original box inside the picture is a lazy mad man.

If you can stand the box art then you have to pick up this game, one of the best on the NDS.

Yeah my heart sunk a bit as I opened the package last night and saw how lame the cover was. However, it is impossible to find this game anywhere locally and has been out of stock in every store I've checked for at least six months. I'm glad just to have a copy of the game now.

bread's done
Back