CASTLEVANIA DAWN OF SORROW $31.49 GameExpress

incidently saw a copy @ my local Walmart in Los Angeles - regular retail of $ 34.99 though so I held off. nice find nonetheless bro !

It's hard to find? thank goodness I bought it for $30 at Overstock. I know some people who might want to order this game.

[quote name='Bivensra']Is this the most recent DS Castlevania? Does anyone know where I can find a guide for this game?

Thanks[/quote]

Yes, is the recent one, the second one come out at Q1 07.

My Funcoland has 2 used copies of this game in stock, I was going to go back and buy um last week during the b2g1f sale but forgot untill I saw them today.... They are bringing $30+ used on Ebay so I could have gotten a free game out of the deal for very little work..... :cry:

[quote name='Bivensra']Is this the most recent DS Castlevania? Does anyone know where I can find a guide for this game?[/QUOTE]
The guide is by DoubleJump Books, and it's a very nice guide, though it's not cheap at $19.99. If you want to pay that much, their website is: http://www.doublejumpbooks.com/

[quote name='RollingSkull']DoS is quality if you want a platformer that brings the intangibles better than the DS mascot platformers, SPP and NSMB.[/QUOTE]

DoS is a platformer?:whistle2:?

I have seen this assertion that this game is "hard to find" several times on the CAG forums, but I see it in stock at several stores in town, with a ton of copies. I wouldn't panic just yet.

I've seen it a bunch of places as well. Picked it up about 2 weeks ago for under $30, but I have seen some people paying up to $50 or more for it. Not sure, maybe the game is just harder to find in some states than others. I live in Indiana and have seen it at 4-5 places in the last 2 weeks.

It's $30 used at Gamerush. I almost picked up a copy as trade bait but I'm trying to save my GR credit for the Wii. I already owned the game once and couldn't get into it.

[quote name='Vinny']DoS is a platformer?:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

What's the matter? Side-scrolling and jumping from platform to platform doesn't make platformer anymore?

Heck, it even includes modern platformer eccentricities, like absurd collector hunts.

[quote name='RollingSkull']What's the matter? Side-scrolling and jumping from platform to platform doesn't make platformer anymore?

Heck, it even includes modern platformer eccentricities, like absurd collector hunts.[/QUOTE]
I think for most people Mario or Sonic games are platformers, while the modern sidescrolling Castlevania games are the wonderful category "Metroidvania" (or, rarely, "Castleroid"). The exploration of a giant non-linear map makes it far more than what most people consider a platformer.

[quote name='SDC']I think for most people Mario or Sonic games are platformers, while the modern sidescrolling Castlevania games are the wonderful category "Metroidvania" (or, rarely, "Castleroid"). The exploration of a giant non-linear map makes it far more than what most people consider a platformer.[/QUOTE]

Because instead of multiple levels, the entire thing is one continuous level. Which, in and of itself, is a downright GENIUS design idea, as it allows for backtracking, which theoretically makes them able to make a LONGER game with less in the way of levels.

Nobody I have ever seen has claimed that Metroid and the Metroidvanias weren't platformers.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Nobody I have ever seen has claimed that Metroid and the Metroidvanias weren't platformers.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly. Metroid is the quintessential platformer, in my opinion and Castlevania literally contains platforms. What more do you need?

To be fair, though, I'm also the type of guy who would argue that Guild Wars is an MMO, but that opens up a whole 'nother can of worms.

Anyways, I borrowed DoS earlier today from a friend and just now stumbled upon this thread. I had no idea it was considered hard to find.

I tried maybe four places with no luck but my local TRU had it and multiple copies. Used the $5 off coupon and got it for $32 after taxes...good game so far

im pretty sure i've seen many copies of this game at best buy. if it is hard to find though, im glad i picked mine up the day it came out.

bread's done
Back