Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow 9.99 @ BB

thakingrocka

CAGiversary!
that was the only good thing i could find. apart from that, they, unlike gamestop and the like, have odin sphere in stock (at msrp).

update: apparently, this is YMMV. i just checked the website and it reads 19.99, but i was just there and it was 9.99. they had about 5 copies. you might want to go in anyway as the employees are likely to quote the web price regardless of in-store reductions if they don't know the specific item.

Really? I don't really mind the cover, but the Konami's Best version of the game was still $20 when I went to Best Buy last week. Is this a new sale? The website has it listed as $20 as well.

[quote name='Scrubsy']As a note, this is probably the shitty reprint with the horrible konami hits cover.[/quote]

But it's still the same game, right?

If so then why does the cover matter?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']But it's still the same game, right?

If so then why does the cover matter?[/quote]
Because to a collector it is like kryptonite, not to mention it is just plain ugly.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Because to a collector it is like kryptonite, not to mention it is just plain ugly.[/quote]

Don't buy it then, I'm sure there will be other people who will gladly pay $10 for the game regardless of thee cover.

Unless you hate 2D games or Castlevania, do yourself a favor and pick this up for $9.99. It is a great game and well it's $9.99 so it's not like you are spending an arm and a leg for this.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Because to a collector it is like kryptonite, not to mention it is just plain ugly.[/quote]

collecting and gaming are two very different things. i throw the cases and manuals out (even though i'd like to have them) so that i can actually store the ludicrous number of games that own.

yes it is the greatest hits version, but it would never have occurred to me to mention considering i am far more concerned with the game than i am the cover. that crappy mobile light force 2 cover could do little to deter from the shikigami no shiro game housed beneath.

I just called my local Best Buy and they said the game is $19.99. Anybody else checked? Maybe it's just your store.

They probably have and old shelf tag up and haven't printed out the $19.99 tag. It will ring up for $19.99 but they should honor it for $9.99 if the tag says $9.99

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They probably have and old shelf tag up and haven't printed out the $19.99 tag. It will ring up for $19.99 but they should honor it for $9.99 if the tag says $9.99[/quote]

if that's the case, then whoever is looking to grab it, choose the best buy that has the laziest workforce. that should increase your chances. why not come visit the bronx? the bronx zoo is supposedly free on wednesays and you can get a copy of castlavania only a few miles north. how's that for a tourism brochure?

[quote name='thakingrocka']collecting and gaming are two very different things. i throw the cases and manuals out (even though i'd like to have them) so that i can actually store the ludicrous number of games that own.

yes it is the greatest hits version, but it would never have occurred to me to mention considering i am far more concerned with the game than i am the cover. that crappy mobile light force 2 cover could do little to deter from the shikigami no shiro game housed beneath.[/QUOTE]

Im not as anal about covers as some people on here are, but even I wouldnt want that ugly cover... glad I have the original

[quote name='thakingrocka']collecting and gaming are two very different things. i throw the cases and manuals out. . .[/QUOTE]

OMG, the shere blastphemy of this astounds me! Where's my crucifix when I need it? Back demon of the netherworld! Back! Back! Back! :D

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Don't buy it then, I'm sure there will be other people who will gladly pay $10 for the game regardless of thee cover.[/quote]

Cool, Thanks for the shopping advice fuck Head.

bread's done
Back