Castlevania: DoS hard to find?

You may be out of luck if you're limiting your hunt. It's definitely harder to find than say, New Super Mario, Tetris DS, Animal Crossing: WW, or Mario Kart DS.

-HM

I was looking for a copy of this game a few weeks ago and couldn't find a single copy even though I checked every store in town. On Tuesday when I was at Best Buy I was surprised to see that they had 4 copies. I didn't buy it because I wanted to make sure that they game hadn't gone back in print or something (I am a bit low on cash at the moment). I looked online and none of the major e-tailers had the game in stock and Best Buy didn't even have the game on their web site. I went back to Best Buy yesterday (Thursday) evening to pick it up and got the last copy.

So the moral of this story is that if you want the game and you happen to see it somewhere, go ahead and buy it.

[quote name='Hollow Man']You may be out of luck if you're limiting your hunt. It's definitely harder to find than say, New Super Mario, Tetris DS, Animal Crossing: WW, or Mario Kart DS.

-HM[/QUOTE]

Funny thing about that. I've been looking for MK for a week and finally had to pick it up at Walmart. All the local EB Games, Gamestops, TRUs and Best Buys were out. At least that's how it was in my area.

Perhaps so, but it is a popular title. I can pretty much guarantee that Mario Kart DS will keep having production runs, so you can always find a copy at any of the popular stores sooner rather than later.

-HM

I just got my new copy of castlevania at a gamestop 45 mins for me. But the gamestops around me had alot of used copies.

I was looking for that last week. Called pretty much every store locally and couldn't find it (Gamestop/EB, Target, Wal-Mart, GameCrazy, BB). I didn't try TRU though but my TRU never has anything. Ended up having to go ebay.

I picked mine up at TRU with the $5 off coupon about a month ago. They had around 15 copies. Ive heard at least on the East Coast TRU is the best place to find the game. I cant find Trauma Center anywhere by me and Ive heard people have seen it at TRU in the midwest so depends on where you live I think.

[quote name='goldeneye64']I picked mine up at TRU with the $5 off coupon about a month ago. They had around 15 copies. Ive heard at least on the East Coast TRU is the best place to find the game. I cant find Trauma Center anywhere by me and Ive heard people have seen it at TRU in the midwest so depends on where you live I think.[/quote]

Castlevania is more common than Mario Kart in Michigan. Trauma Center cannot be found for miles and miles.

Ive actually been hunting for Kirby at my local Best Buys (i have store credit) but couldnt find it. Then I saw Castlevania and picked it up since I knew it was rare. But i didnt open it and will probably return it tomorrow. I havent played a Castlevania game for over a decade so i'm not even sure i'd get into this. I'm looking more for a game that you can play in shorter bursts and doesnt cost $35 bucks.

[quote name='fatbeer']Someone earlier posted that Konami offical website have some left.

http://www.konamistyle.com/b2c_kden/b2c/init.do?areaID=4374431CE9DF0051000000000ACA0332&productID=4374431CE9DF0051000000000ACA0332437230F6A50D007C000000000ACA5312[/quote]
I dont really know how you determine how many they actually have left. You can add as many to the cart as you want, with no actual inventory check on that number...until you order I guess.

Also, Amazon just added this to the list of things thats getting magically restocked on Sept 19

Should I pick up this game?

My TRU has only one copy left but they did say they will be getting more in....

[quote name='SinnerChrno']If you own a DS, you owe it to yourself to pick it up. :)[/quote]

I guess i owe myself a whole lot of whatever it is im owe-ing myself.

This must be a pretty hot seller at Best Buy. The local one got a restock of four copies in, and they were gone a week later! The restock of four Lost In Blues is still there, though now down to three copies.

If anyone owns a sealed Castlevania DS, could you check the wrapping on it? I just noticed that mine has the cheap shrinkwrap look- the ones where the edges aren't nicely folded but instead look melted together like the end result of a portable shrinkwrap machine.

I'd hate to be the proud owner of a bootleg or some other nonsense.

[quote name='mbstuff']If anyone owns a sealed Castlevania DS, could you check the wrapping on it? I just noticed that mine has the cheap shrinkwrap look- the ones where the edges aren't nicely folded but instead look melted together like the end result of a portable shrinkwrap machine.

I'd hate to be the proud owner of a bootleg or some other nonsense.[/QUOTE]

It's the real deal - my copy purchased at Best Buy looked exactly the same.

And I thought the same thing at first....

Mine also had this. I asked the Toys R Us guy about it (where I bought the game), and he said it was unusual, but all the ones they got looked like that. Good to know it's like this elsewhere.

For the record, I've opened it, and it's most certainly not a bootleg.

-HM

yeah dont worry, my best buy had four copies of this and the shrinkwrap was the crappy heated seam one, not the neatly folded y-flaps. So it seems all the restock of the this game was shrinkwrapped like that.

i got rid of my copy for a 360 game. Its good to play through once, but the replay just isnt there for me once you get all the endings

multiplayer is stupid unless both players have made it through the game, and collected 90% of the souls.

[quote name='addicted2games']yeah dont worry, my best buy had four copies of this and the shrinkwrap was the crappy heated seam one, not the neatly folded y-flaps. So it seems all the restock of the this game was shrinkwrapped like that.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't just the restock. I got the game at launch and it had the shady shrinkwrap.

bread's done
Back