Castlevania (DS) - Is this thing rare or not?

KaneRobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I keep hearing people say it's becoming more rare, and although it's not EVERYWHERE I look, I usually don't have to put much effort into tracking it down. Is this thing actually becoming semi-collectible or is it overblown just because they didn't oversaturate the shelves?

It's overblown right now. But I guarantee that this will become rare sometime relatively soon like all the other Castlevania's have. If you don't have it yet, I'd get it ASAP... not because of the rarity, but because it's a damn good game.

Looks like it will follow the pattern of the GBA Castlevania games. They aren't really 'rare' per se, but most people who have them do not want to sell them, so they can be expensive to buy because there are less of them on the market than, say, Mortal Kombat Advance.

Yeah, who'd want to sell them? These things have to be my favorite series on handhelds... and maybe not just on handhelds...

Well... not that rare I would say, although it did take me some efforts in getting one a couple month ago.... Finally get one from a Bestbuy 30 miles away.

Yea I almost bought one on half.com but then with tax and shipping it was going to be $42..

regardless of how good the game is, the CAG in me does not permit the purchase of a DS cart for forty dollars!:cry:

I see them used all the time at GS. just picked one up yesterday. they aren't always in stock, but they pop up frequently.

Speaking of rare Castlevanias, I sold HoD and AoS on Ebay for about $60 yesterday... not bad considering I have the 2 pack and I actually paid less to buy those games new.

Castlevania always ends up rare as they don't make a ton as it's not as popular as something like Mario, but it's still popular enough that all they make eventually sale.

Couple that with them being AAA games that people are more likely to want to hold onto (I have the 3 GBA ones and the DS one with no intention of parting with them) and you get relatively few on the used market.

Thus ebay prices are fairly high after a while.

I picked mine up used yesterday at Gamestop...well worth the price...though they probably made a killing buying back the game low and reselling at only $5 off the regular price.

I can't find the bloody thing anywhere in my area... I've got a couple more places to look but it has proven difficult to come up with one.
-G

I got one for $32 + $5 ship at insane with game.

Not the best deal ever (base price is good though) but they simply don't have them at any local store in my area! I figure I can sell this for $35 when I'm done with it.

bread's done
Back